Overprotected hits so differently to me now

I always thought that what Britney was trying to say with this song was how sheltered she was and how the public always tried to tell her how to “act properly”, but now I think its more than that. The people around her has always tried to control her and diminish her actions and opinions:

I'll tell 'em what I like, what I want, and what I don't
But every time I do, I stand corrected

This tells me that the efforts to control “Britney” (be it the brand or the person) has always been there, even before the con. The con just legalized her “team”’s control over her life.

That’s why I think her happiest days were in 2004-2007, because she finally held the power to decide her life. She made mistakes during that time of course, but that doesn’t mean she needed a con to tell her how to live the rest of her life. An intervention would have been surely needed, but this con just took it too far. It’s termination is long overdue.  

I saw some people here are concerned about how Britney will live after the con, thinking that she’ll have a hard time adjusting since its been so long since she had control of her life. But we need to understand that that’s what Britney wants, she wants to learn how to live, even if she makes mistakes, she’ll learn from it and grow:

I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected

What am I to do with my life?
(You will find it out, don't worry)
How am I supposed to know what's right?
(You just gotta do it your way)

God I just want this woman to be free asap and let her live her life on her own terms :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

ps. Stream Overprotected on Spotify 

• Like 1