One thing no ones talking about.

Lithium is a strong med and Britney should have the right to express the side effects she experienced and not be forced to take the ****. It can take a long time to get meds out of your system and get back to normal after you experience side effects. I hated hearing this story. I really just hope Britney decides to disappear and cut off all off the things that give her anxiety - she needs to cleanse this from her life for a while and get out of "fight or flight" mode. 

• Like 1

1.We have no access to her medical records and hopefully never will. Don't make assumptions.

2.They could very easily overly medicate someone as a way of control or abuse simply because they can and it is legal. Doesn't necessarily mean she needs it.

3.Disability or mental health issues do not and should not result in loss of human rights and dignity.

Britney very well could have a mental illness but there are also tons of cases of people being misdiagnosed with mental illnesses as well. I frankly don't trust anything her team says about her as they've proven time and time again they don't care about her wellbeing and are too cheap to even get her the proper help she would need. 

For giggles, let's pretend Britney is indeed severely mentally ill. If that is the case, they were still 100% in the wrong with the treatments they gave based on Britney's statement. Why was she treated inhumanely? Forced to be nude? Given ***** because she was "misbehaving"/didn't want to do a dance move? That's unacceptable. Mental illness does not warrant having your humanity stripped away and forced to take pills when people decide they disagree with you.

• Like 1

This reasons this thread is stupid:

-If the cship is suppost to be for her well-being and mental health why were they forcing her to perform? Especially after she said she was overworked, feeling anxious and needed rest.

-Britney has been on doing shows, giving interviews, hosting awards shows, doing cameos on TV, filming documentaries, hosting award shows... she never displayed any behaviour consistent with bipolar disorder. This is someone that for most of her day when she's working she's surrounded by people.

-Lithium is actually a very standard **** for bipolar disorder, she said when her doctor gave her that, it was something completely different from the medication she usually takes, meaning she was most likely not taking mood stabilizer (bipolar medication) before.

-Even if she did have bipolar disorder, so do millions of people who don't live under a cship. Mariah Carey and Kanye West both have it and both had children and they're not under a cship. 

• Like 1

Thread locked. Multiple people have reported this thread or requested it to be locked. I also think enough has been said on the issue, and I’d rather not have a thread that enables the abuse of Britney Spears to be repeatedly bumped to the top of the forum list. 

Even if Britney does have a mental disorder, such as bipolar disorder, that does not justify taking away her choice of her own legal counsel, throwing her into a conservatorship, forcing her to do grueling work for over a decade (someone in a conservatorship shouldn’t even be able to work), forcing sterilization, using ***** and medical treatment as a weapon against her, and allowing her conservator to have more of her own money than she does.