TBT: When The RIAA sued "music pirates"...

16 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Not like it stopped illegal downloads. Most people just found other ways to do it without getting caught, such as using VPNs or downloading songs straight from Youtube. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Just imagine...this all started back when we only had radio and record stores to get music from. Small towns only had minimal access to record stores. It was a different time for sure. 

Everybody including their fans hated Metallica for what they did to Napster. 

They took it to court and got it shut down..

Then people went to limewire, I didn't..

The horror stories of what was described as AIDS or STDs for your computer was enough to scare me, weekly repairs and such for all the viruses that this free mp3 site caused. 

Everytime they repeated that story, I was like petty. 

I said so when do we throw the funeral for your computer, your mom and dad keeps paying for these tune ups, at one point. 

I expect a call saying dad threw it out the window. 

I'll be there, but it will be I told you this was going to happen with that infected site..

These services were great as a teen since you could download music that your parents wouldn't buy for you.

There were also rare remixes and live versions that you couldn't find in record stores.

I do remember the trolls.  I downloaded "Burned" by Hilary Duff once and the mp3 was just a guy yelling "you got burned" :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block