Jesy Nelson officially signs solo record deal

Slayer

I worry about her. She's in the recording process, happy, satisfied because she's "free" and can do whatever she wants to , that's all nice and fine. However, I've already seen multiple times that people accused her of doing black face and being racist etc. so she went from being bullied in a girl group by so called fans and media to being accused as solo act for being racist, all over the top etc. I really hope she'll be fine

4 hours ago, chizwhiz said:

Polydor are one of the pure pop labels, typically they used to represent bubblegum pop. It sounds like the last label that would sign tbh.

Polydor is actually a really big label in the UK! Jesy had issues with RCA/Sony where they tried to tell her to take medication instead of seeking therapy and Jesy recently said people in Little Mix's team made her feel very uncomfortable at work and like they didn't want her there.

So i'm not surprised she went to a completely different label Polydor/UMG based on her experiences. I think a lot of record labels were fighting for her as LM are massive here and her leaving was a big deal in the UK. I'm pretty sure Jesy is going down the R&B route.

20 hours ago, Slayer said:

Polydor is actually a really big label in the UK! Jesy had issues with RCA/Sony where they tried to tell her to take medication instead of seeking therapy and Jesy recently said people in Little Mix's team made her feel very uncomfortable at work and like they didn't want her there.

So i'm not surprised she went to a completely different label Polydor/UMG based on her experiences. I think a lot of record labels were fighting for her as LM are massive here and her leaving was a big deal in the UK. I'm pretty sure Jesy is going down the R&B route.

I am in the UK and Polydor typically sign pure pop. They also had Hearsay, the first band to win a reality show and some of them had some issues too.

I think everyone’s forgetting that she left the group because she needed to work on her mental health right? She needed time out of the limelight to deal with whatever she needed to. Well that was pretty fast. I mean come on she could’ve just been honest and said she wanted to go solo. I’m not dismissing that she may have had things she needed to work on but seriously a solo deal? Deals aren’t made overnight so she’s being working on this for a minute. Idk I just don’t like that her departure felt like if she didn’t leave things could’ve really went bad yet here she is about 6 months later saying she’s solo. 

2 minutes ago, prguy88 said:

I think everyone’s forgetting that she left the group because she needed to work on her mental health right? She needed time out of the limelight to deal with whatever she needed to. Well that was pretty fast. I mean come on she could’ve just been honest and said she wanted to go solo. I’m not dismissing that she may have had things she needed to work on but seriously a solo deal? Deals aren’t made overnight so she’s being working on this for a minute. Idk I just don’t like that her departure felt like if she didn’t leave things could’ve really went bad yet here she is about 6 months later saying she’s solo. 

They could have gone really bad, she said in her interview with Cosmopolitan she was nearly back to her worst when she tried to kill herself. She never said she was leaving the industry, just that she didn't like the pressure of being in a girl group. However, I do get where you're coming from and that it has been quite quick and lots of record labels would have approached her after she left the group, Jesy always gets so much press and attention.

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well, a record label. When she shared that pic of her with a producer, i thought it was her in a studio owned by her record label.

When someone leaves a label like Jesy did and goes to make music she can create it and then sign the rights over to a new label for rights to release/own that music. It's a totally normal process and someone does not need to be signed by a label to be in a recording studio.

She's been in the middle of a bidding war with record labels to sign her and only now has she officially joined one.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block