Jesy Nelson officially signs solo record deal

Slayer

Former Little Mix member Jesy Nelson has officially signed a solo record deal!

Congratulations to her!

Jesy Nelson has signed a solo record deal with Polydor Records.

The former Little Mix artist will join London-based Polydor’s roster, which also includes Celeste, Years & Years, Sam Fender, HAIM, Ellie Goulding, The Rolling Stones, Lana Del Rey, Glass Animals, Holly Humberstone, Michael Kiwanuka, James Blake and more.

As part of Little Mix, Nelson sold over 60 million records (across albums and singles) worldwide. She left the British girl group – who were originally signed to Syco Music before switching to Sony‘s RCA – in December 2020.

Nelson is now in the studio working on her Polydor-signed solo record, expected for release later this year.

She has just under 8 million followers on Instagram, and in 2019 starred in an acclaimed BBC documentary, Odd One Out, about her struggles with cyberbullies during her time in Little Mix.

Jesy Nelson said: “I’m so excited to finally announce that I will be signing to Polydor Records. I cannot wait for you to hear what I’ve been working on and to start this new chapter with the Universal Music team.”

Ben Mortimer, co-President of Polydor said: “As soon as I met Jesy I knew Polydor had to become her label partner. She’s developed the sound for her next music beautifully. It’s true to her. And she has an authentic vision about what this next stage of her already incredible career should be.

“There’s a huge appetite for what music she comes with now, and a huge platform to launch it from. I’m proud she’s chosen Polydor to be her new home.”

Tom March, co-president of Polydor added: “Jesy Nelson is an incredible artist and I’m delighted she’s chosen Polydor for the next phase of her extraordinary career.

“I have enormous respect for Jesy and the way she’s able to communicate and connect with her fans globally.

“She is hard-working, talented and the music is sounding incredible. We’re excited to be working with her and her brilliant [management] team at YMU.”

In addition to its domestic signings, UK-based Polydor, a Universal Music UK label, also works with international acts including Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo.

rsz_e15v0bexeaoy8nt.jpg.3c12474881fe4903301cac21d151afbc.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

We all knew this was happening.

Well it's official and no-one knew who she was signed with.

1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Good luck to her. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I’ve read some awful things people keep saying about her. It’s not fair, I hope it stops asap and doesn’t affect her solo career.

People seriously need to leave her alone, she even turned off being tagged on instagram and has limited her comments on instagram posts too.

I hope she's got good people around her.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Well it's official and no-one knew who she was signed with.

People seriously need to leave her alone, she even turned off being tagged on instagram and has limited her comments on instagram posts too.

I hope she's got good people around her.

I REALLY hope so too. I don't follow Little Mix closely but it always seemed all the girls were very loved and fans were very empathetic to all of them. That suddenly stopped for Jesy and it's sad. It's as if people forgot all that she's been through? :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney: She was the odd one out in a way and she had it so bad she almost k-word herself. She's a human being with feelings, people. You go Jesy. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

Jesy Nelson has signed a solo record deal with Polydor Records.

The former Little Mix artist will join London-based Polydor’s roster, which also includes Celeste, Years & Years, Sam Fender, HAIM, Ellie Goulding, The Rolling Stones, Lana Del Rey, Glass Animals, Holly Humberstone, Michael Kiwanuka, James Blake and more.

As part of Little Mix, Nelson sold over 60 million records (across albums and singles) worldwide. She left the British girl group – who were originally signed to Syco Music before switching to Sony‘s RCA – in December 2020.

Nelson is now in the studio working on her Polydor-signed solo record, expected for release later this year.

She has just under 8 million followers on Instagram, and in 2019 starred in an acclaimed BBC documentary, Odd One Out, about her struggles with cyberbullies during her time in Little Mix.

Jesy Nelson said: “I’m so excited to finally announce that I will be signing to Polydor Records. I cannot wait for you to hear what I’ve been working on and to start this new chapter with the Universal Music team.”

Ben Mortimer, co-President of Polydor said: “As soon as I met Jesy I knew Polydor had to become her label partner. She’s developed the sound for her next music beautifully. It’s true to her. And she has an authentic vision about what this next stage of her already incredible career should be.

“There’s a huge appetite for what music she comes with now, and a huge platform to launch it from. I’m proud she’s chosen Polydor to be her new home.”

Tom March, co-president of Polydor added: “Jesy Nelson is an incredible artist and I’m delighted she’s chosen Polydor for the next phase of her extraordinary career.

“I have enormous respect for Jesy and the way she’s able to communicate and connect with her fans globally.

“She is hard-working, talented and the music is sounding incredible. We’re excited to be working with her and her brilliant [management] team at YMU.”

In addition to its domestic signings, UK-based Polydor, a Universal Music UK label, also works with international acts including Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo.

1 hour ago, britbratt12 said:

Still have mixed feelings about how she left Little Mix....basically she just wanted to go solo...Over it but I don’t see her being that successful as a solo artist maybe a hit or two. Nonetheless would be thrilled if she proved me wrong.

When you’re constantly compared to others in the group throughout many years it takes a toll on you. She went through a lot of bullying from so called fans, and the media. She constantly felt like she had to work a lot harder, especially on her looks to get respected. And no matter what she did she was still criticized. I believe that jealousy with the media and the bullying drove her crazy, and pushed her to the point of making that decision. 

I hope that she thrives solo. She’s beautiful and super talented. If she feels that going solo is better for her mental state, then go for it. Some artists are more comfortable solo anyway. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CarTurn said:

When you’re constantly compared to others in the group throughout many years it takes a toll on you. She went through a lot of bullying from so called fans, and the media. She constantly felt like she had to work a lot harder, especially on her looks to get respected. And no matter what she did she was still criticized. I believe that jealousy with the media and the bullying drove her crazy, and pushed her to the point of making that decision. 

I hope that she thrives solo. She’s beautiful and super talented. If she feels that going solo is better for her mental state, then go for it. Some artists are more comfortable solo anyway. 

I just want her to be happy and healthy :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

Good for her!

My only concern is does she really know what she's getting into? All eyes will be on her. She left one of the biggest most successful girl groups and is embarking on a solo career. In a group or solo she is always gonna be compared to other women sadly, just the way media works. The stakes for her are higher than ever now. This is a sink or swim type scenario. If this solo career doesn't goes as planned, this could push her mental health down even further. That's really my only concern here for her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Charrrmed89 said:

Good for her!

My only concern is does she really know what she's getting into? All eyes will be on her. She left one of the biggest most successful girl groups and is embarking on a solo career. In a group or solo she is always gonna be compared to other women sadly, just the way media works. The stakes for her are higher than ever now. This is a sink or swim type scenario. If this solo career doesn't goes as planned, this could push her mental health down even further. That's really my only concern here for her. 

I worry about that too, I really hope it works out for her.

She is the sweetest and deserves the world and to have success:otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 2
On 5/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, Slayer said:

@Spicechinodiva I guess things soured a lot between Jesy and RCA/Sony for her to completely leave and go to Polydor/UMG. As i'm sure the labels were all fighting for her..

Polydor are one of the pure pop labels, typically they used to represent bubblegum pop. It sounds like the last label that would sign tbh.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block