Britney Spears revealed to be suffering from ADHD (2012)

She sparked fears for her wellbeing as she dramatically walked out of filming at the X Factor.

And now, it has been reported that American pop princess is suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, but is unable to take medication for it.

There have been several incidents where the 30-year-old singer, abruptly left the judging panel - and her co-stars, Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and LA Reid.

On her first day of filming as a new judge on the X Factor USA in Austin, Texas, last month, Miss Spears, who is on a £10million deal, walked off the set twice.

She then provided yet more drama as she snapped at music millionaire Cowell, 52, during the auditions as he sniped at one contest, telling him: ‘You are so rude, Simon.’

A source told US website Radar online: ‘Britney was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in her teens and used to take medication for it.

‘The medication helped her deal with it, however, she can't take it now because it interferes with the other medications she takes for her mental health issues.

‘Britney's current team of doctors strictly prohibit her from taking Adderall or Ritalin, which are commonly given to people with ADHD.’

The source added: ‘Simon was made fully aware of Britney's medical history before the contract was signed, so this certainly isn't a big surprise that she needs to take breaks during the audition process.

‘Look, Britney basically has the attention span of a 10-year-old at times. It's not alarming to Simon at all and he is fully supportive of Britney doing whatever she needs to do during filming.’

According to the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Association, about eight million adults suffer from the disorder and symptoms include overall restlessness, poor sustained attention to tasks and impaired impulse control.

Miss Spears famously suffered a breakdown in 2007 and shaved all her hair off.

The mother of two young sons then admitted herself to a clinic.

'After completing a month-long program at Promises rehabilitation facility, she wrote on her website, "I truly hit rock bottom. Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression…I was like a bad kid running around with ADD.’

Her well-being and fortune is currently under the conservatorship of her father Jamie Spears and her fiancé, her former agent Jason Trawick.

The show insider added: ‘Britney's medical team works with her to deal with her disorder without medication and daily vigorous exercise is what often works best for Britney.

‘Her nutrition is closely monitored and so is her caffeine intake, because that can also enhance Britney's inability to focus. Simon knew what he was dealing with before he ever signed her to join the show and it's not shocking to him. Of course, it's rather disconcerting for people that see her do it for the first time but it's truly nothing to be alarmed at.

‘In fact, Simon would have been surprised if she hadn't taken breaks during judging, this means she is involved and engaged in the process.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2154960/Britney-Spears-revealed-suffering-ADHD-unable-medication-it.html

I really dislike the way the media, and some fans, flippantly talk about her health. I know Britney's circumstances are different due to the restraints she's under but that's still no reason to speculate and diagnose her with x, y and z. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

My boyfriend does have ADHD and he doesn’t need to be placed under a conservatorship for that wtf :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: He’s totally able to function, he’s super intelligent and so creative. If anything, it makes him adorable! Plus, no one should speculate on Britney’s mental health.

• Like 3