Lana Del Rey gets backlash for saying she loves the way Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth loved each other

2 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

There's only a few comments that I've sourced

- To a group of British students in China "if you stay here too long, you'll all end up slitty eyed"

- Asked an oboriginal person in Australia "do you still throw spears at each other?"

- He mocked the president of Nigeria's clothing, saying he looked like he was ready for bed

There was also a comment about Indians at the embassy, can't quite find that one atm.

But I think the two latter are more sheer ignorance, something that white people still openly adopt.

The "slitty-eyed" comment though :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Aside from the China comment I didn’t see anything racist, it’s just funny comments. Cancel culture comes from young people who don’t work or study and stays all day on the internet finding reasons to criticize people because their lives are bored af.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Aside from the China comment I didn’t see anything racist, it’s just funny comments. Cancel culture comes from young people who don’t work or study and stays all day on the internet finding reasons to criticize people because their lives are bored af.

I beg to differ. Yes, only that China comment is racist. Rest of those are at the edge between funny or rude. Depends on a situation (mood basically) in which those comments were made. 

13 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

11 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

I beg to differ. Yes, only that China comment is racist. Rest of those are at the edge between funny or rude. Depends on a situation (mood basically) in which those comments were made. 

those comments are more iconic than dua lipa entire career :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Edited by Urbanney
⚠️ This user has received warning points for this post for inciting hate.
  • Love 1

At this point, people are trying to attack Lana for everything. Give her a ******* break, nobody is perfect.

Also, not everyone has done research into EVERY LITTLE THING. Not everyone knows about his racist past or his wrongdoings, you can’t expect people to know everything. 

This cancel culture **** needs to stop. now. How can we give people room to grow when we are constantly attacking them? 

(although Lana wearing a mask with holes still urks me to this day we’re just going to move on from that :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cillaward said:

Why get mad at Lana for this? I'm from England and genuinely didn't know about the third cousin thing until now. Also yes he's made controversial comments in the past, but what does that have to do with this?

Literally all she said was that she 'loved the way they loved', which tbh is quite a nice tribute. Let's not forget he just died.

Sadly, this is very much a perfect example of cancel culture and the toxic media in the US. Nobody in England is talking about this.

Once you make even one mistake and/or controversial statement on the internet, folks will LOOK for anything to continue the cancel train. Even the most inconsequential, benign ****. 

It doesn't matter that a royal just died so she's paying tribute. She said things that were problematic so they're gonna search far and wide for more. 

I hate being an American during this timeline. It's so annoying and first world of the folks at their keyboards. Like yes there are some awful folks with power they neither need nor deserve. Yes, there are plenty of marginalized communities that deserve to be represented more and receive better treatment. I get that. I agree. 

but what's the ******* end goal with **** like this? What do they hope to accomplish? They don't have a goal or a plan or a reason for half this nonsense. It's just throwing darts at a target out of frustration and anger that they have no idea how to manage constructively. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

Yes, let's not forget that there are two different types of people: the ones that get offended and the other that just let it slide the joke and laugh about it. As you said, it depends on the situation the comments were made, the context. Media tends to maximize those situations and create a frenzy and chaotic environment regarding those.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

"People are getting dumber. That's not a judgment; it's a global fact. In a host of leading nations, IQ scores have started to decline."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576

A friend and I were literally just talking about this yesterday. Psychological conditioning goes so far. Generation after generation getting worse. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Danielle1987 said:

Everyone (?) knows those royal families kept it in the bloodline. The outrage is from pure ignorance. 

the ignorance of those people scare me 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_intermarriage

"Royal intermarriage is the practice of members of ruling dynasties marrying into other reigning families. It was more commonly done in the past as part of strategic diplomacy for national interest. Although sometimes enforced by legal requirement on persons of royal birth, more often it has been a matter of political policy or tradition in monarchies."

D-vKOZYWsAIdJsR?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

the ignorance of those people scare me 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_intermarriage

"Royal intermarriage is the practice of members of ruling dynasties marrying into other reigning families. It was more commonly done in the past as part of strategic diplomacy for national interest. Although sometimes enforced by legal requirement on persons of royal birth, more often it has been a matter of political policy or tradition in monarchies."

D-vKOZYWsAIdJsR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yes!! Receipts! Logic! People have been conditioned to react with emotion rather than logic & it’s disturbing they can’t open their eyes and see the psychological warfare being imposed on them.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Yes!! Receipts! Logic! People have been conditioned to react with emotion rather than logic & it’s disturbing they can’t open their eyes and see the psychological warfare being imposed on them.

these people are literally not able to live and confront themself in real life . They don't learn from other, it's just their opinion against everything
There is no logic

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

these people are literally not able to live and confront themself in real life . They don't learn from other, it's just their opinion against everything
There is no logic

That makes SO much sense!

What makes people like that? I am asking for real. I just don’t get it. Is it a new thing? Have people always been this way? Is it the conditioning being imposed on them?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

That makes SO much sense!

What makes people like that? I am asking for real. I just don’t get it. Is it a new thing? Have people always been this way? Is it the conditioning being imposed on them?

their parents are to weak and not able to raise them like decent human being

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block