Lana Del Rey gets backlash for saying she loves the way Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth loved each other

• Community Leader

Lana Del Rey is facing criticism for saying she loved the way Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth loved each other.

Namely because for one they're distant relatives (third cousins) and also because of Prince Philip's racist past. 

A lot of the comments are going IN. Again. 

Thoughts, Exhale?

prince-philip.jpg.4acbf0f0075bc8559c8f29a013848bd3.jpg

Related:

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think people need to find something more worthy of getting mad at

I think she was just trying to be nice and posted in respect to the fact that one of them has died. They were married for 70 years. It is a big life to live together. Internet this days is too much wi

Why get mad at Lana for this? I'm from England and genuinely didn't know about the third cousin thing until now. Also yes he's made controversial comments in the past, but what does that have to do wi

Posted Images

I swear to God I don't get this backlash... at all. I'm sure she said that naively because she didn't know they were third cousins, like... I didn't know that too.

Is it really worthy to cancel Lana who stated that, since THEY are the married cousins?

Also, no one should be cancelled, just stop giving this family all of this attention. Personal opinion.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

He was racist, ***ist etc. (basically, he grew up in a period of time when it was acceptable and usual) yet it has nothing to do with the way they loved each other.

That being said, Lana (as well as many others) had no clue that they were third cousins. So what is the matter now? Give homegirl a f break. And leave this wretched "family" alone.

This is the reason why everyone is making fun of us igens. 

:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Racist how?

There's only a few comments that I've sourced

- To a group of British students in China "if you stay here too long, you'll all end up slitty eyed"

- Asked an oboriginal person in Australia "do you still throw spears at each other?"

- He mocked the president of Nigeria's clothing, saying he looked like he was ready for bed

There was also a comment about Indians at the embassy, can't quite find that one atm.

But I think the two latter are more sheer ignorance, something that white people still openly adopt.

The "slitty-eyed" comment though :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red: