Who Do You Predict To Win The Pop 2021 Grammy? (Voting Poll)

Vote for who you predict will win a certain category below!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Record Of The Year

• Black Parade~ Beyonce
    • Say So~ Doja Cat
    • Everything I Wanted~ Billie Eilish
    • Colors~ Black Pumas
    • Rockstar~ DaBaby Ft. Roddy Rich
    • Don't Start Now~ Dua Lipa
    • Circles~ Post Malone
    • Savage~ Megan Thee Stallion Ft. Beyonce
  2. 2. Album of The Year

• Future Nostalgia~ Dua Lipa
    • Chilombo~ Jhene Aiko
    • Everyday Life~ Coldplay
    • Djessie Vol.3~ Jacob Collier
    • Women In Music Pt. III~ HIAM
    • Hollywoods Bleeding~ Post Malone
    • Folklore~ Taylor Swift
    • Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition)
  3. 3. Song of the year

• Black Parade~ Beyonce
    • The Box~ Roddy Rich
    • Cardigan~ Taylor Swift
    • Circles~ Post Malone
    • I Can't Breathe~ Sza
    • If The World Was Ending~ JP Saxe, Julia Michaels
  4. 4. Best New Artist

• Ingrid Andress
    • Phoebe Bridges
    • Noah Cyrus
    • Chika
    • D Smoke
    • Doja Cat
    • Kaytranada
    • Megan Thee Stallion
  5. 5. Best Pop Solo Performance

• Watermelon Sugar~ Harry Styles
    • Yummy~ Justin Bieber (I swear if anyone of yall vote for this :gunriah:)
    • Cardigan~ Taylor Swift (wait, it is a pop song?-)
    • Say So~ Doja Cat
  6. 6. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Un Dia (One Day)~ J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy
    • Intentions~ Justin Bieber, Quavo
    • Dynamite~ BTS
    • Rain On Me~ Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande
    • Exile~ Taylor Swift, Bon Iver
  7. 7. Best Pop Vocal Album

• Flop Changes~ Justin Beaver
    • Chromatica~ Lady Gaga
    • Future Nostalgia~ Dua Lipa
    • Fine Line~ Harry Styles (deservedT more nominations :howdareyou:)
    • Folklore~ Taylor Swift (How is this album pop, tho-)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/14/2021 at 11:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Screechang, watch the Norah stans not allow that :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Well to be fair, Come Away With Me is one of the greatest songs ever and always puts me in such a bliss whenever I listen to it. :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi: She was sort of like the Adele of the 2000s except she wasn’t as commercial and more local. Soccer moms and jazz fanatics loved her tho. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: The early 2000s really did have so many great, diverse songs and artists. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I LOVE Taylor. But tbh, idk why she got nominated for pop categories this year. Folklore was alternative. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

i still voted for her on all of them except one. You literally can’t put cardiflop up against Don’t Start Now. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It’s not even the best song on folklore. It’s okay, but Idk what she was thinking. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

The thing about pop music is that pop stands for POPULAR music and different genres have been classified as pop during the years. For example, jazz used to be pop back in the day. 

The problem with categorisation is generally a problem within the arts. If I looked at the different music genres that require a record to possess certain characteristics to be classified as part of a particular genre, then I'd put Folklore and any of the songs on it into the Alternative category. But if I looked at pop as POPULAR which means anything that made it on the charts and was trending during the past year, then I'd add Folklore and its songs there. 

It's a tricky situation because the more rules you put out there, the more restrictions one puts on art and as we know creativity can take different shapes and forms, even combine/mix genres and push their boundaries. 

Of course, there's the question whether artists purposefully play with the genre arbitrariness and apply for more categories so they stand a higher chance to get nominated and potentially win an award but that's a whole other set of issues. Let's not forget that there's money involved as well.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Don’t Start Now deserves the Record Of The Year award. We have to thank Dua for releasing such an impactful song, she literally changed the game with this one. Dua deserves all the Grammys! 

However, my favorite album is Folklore and the best duo goes to Exile. This album was such a moment in my life, I still listen to it regularly! The lyrics are insanely powerful throughout the whole record! Taylor deserves, too! 

Last year I bop the whole year to Everything I Wanted and Say So, so they definitely deserve something. It irks me that they did nominate Savage ft Beyonce but didn’t nominate the remix of Say So.. which is the superior remix ‘cause Nicki actually rapped! 

I’m so curious about the Best New Artist category. I really like Megan and Doja - I’m fine with whoever win! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I LOVE Taylor. But tbh, idk why she got nominated for pop categories this year. Folklore was alternative. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

i still voted for her on all of them except one. You literally can’t put cardiflop up against Don’t Start Now. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It’s not even the best song on folklore. It’s okay, but Idk what she was thinking. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

This

3 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

The thing about pop music is that pop stands for POPULAR music and different genres have been classified as pop during the years. For example, jazz used to be pop back in the day. 

The problem with categorisation is generally a problem within the arts. If I looked at the different music genres that require a record to possess certain characteristics to be classified as part of a particular genre, then I'd put Folklore and any of the songs on it into the Alternative category. But if I looked at pop as POPULAR which means anything that made it on the charts and was trending during the past year, then I'd add Folklore and its songs there. 

It's a tricky situation because the more rules you put out there, the more restrictions one puts on art and as we know creativity can take different shapes and forms, even combine/mix genres and push their boundaries. 

Of course, there's the question whether artists purposefully play with the genre arbitrariness and apply for more categories so they stand a higher chance to get nominated and potentially win an award but that's a whole other set of issues. Let's not forget that there's money involved as well.

I totally get what you’re saying. And I understand pop music is meant as popular music. I think that’s fine for charts and such and maybe fan voted awards. But for the Grammy’s, which is supposed to be the industry setting itself apart and honoring those that made huge impact or stretched their genre, I feel like there should a different standard. Which is why I don’t feel like cardigan is nearly as impactful as Don’t Start Now. Sure it debuted at #1, but didn’t it also suffer like the biggest drop in chart history after its debut? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block