Who Do You Predict To Win The Pop 2021 Grammy? (Voting Poll)

Vote for who you predict will win a certain category below!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Record Of The Year

• Black Parade~ Beyonce
    • Say So~ Doja Cat
    • Everything I Wanted~ Billie Eilish
    • Colors~ Black Pumas
    • Rockstar~ DaBaby Ft. Roddy Rich
    • Don't Start Now~ Dua Lipa
    • Circles~ Post Malone
    • Savage~ Megan Thee Stallion Ft. Beyonce
  2. 2. Album of The Year

• Future Nostalgia~ Dua Lipa
    • Chilombo~ Jhene Aiko
    • Everyday Life~ Coldplay
    • Djessie Vol.3~ Jacob Collier
    • Women In Music Pt. III~ HIAM
    • Hollywoods Bleeding~ Post Malone
    • Folklore~ Taylor Swift
    • Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition)
  3. 3. Song of the year

• Black Parade~ Beyonce
    • The Box~ Roddy Rich
    • Cardigan~ Taylor Swift
    • Circles~ Post Malone
    • I Can't Breathe~ Sza
    • If The World Was Ending~ JP Saxe, Julia Michaels
  4. 4. Best New Artist

• Ingrid Andress
    • Phoebe Bridges
    • Noah Cyrus
    • Chika
    • D Smoke
    • Doja Cat
    • Kaytranada
    • Megan Thee Stallion
  5. 5. Best Pop Solo Performance

• Watermelon Sugar~ Harry Styles
    • Yummy~ Justin Bieber (I swear if anyone of yall vote for this :gunriah:)
    • Cardigan~ Taylor Swift (wait, it is a pop song?-)
    • Say So~ Doja Cat
  6. 6. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Un Dia (One Day)~ J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy
    • Intentions~ Justin Bieber, Quavo
    • Dynamite~ BTS
    • Rain On Me~ Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande
    • Exile~ Taylor Swift, Bon Iver
  7. 7. Best Pop Vocal Album

• Flop Changes~ Justin Beaver
    • Chromatica~ Lady Gaga
    • Future Nostalgia~ Dua Lipa
    • Fine Line~ Harry Styles (deservedT more nominations :howdareyou:)
    • Folklore~ Taylor Swift (How is this album pop, tho-)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/14/2021 at 11:00 PM

54 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I totally get what you’re saying. And I understand pop music is meant as popular music. I think that’s fine for charts and such and maybe fan voted awards. But for the Grammy’s, which is supposed to be the industry setting itself apart and honoring those that made huge impact or stretched their genre, I feel like there should a different standard. Which is why I don’t feel like cardigan is nearly as impactful as Don’t Start Now. Sure it debuted at #1, but didn’t it also suffer like the biggest drop in chart history after its debut? 

That's the thing though. As I said, you could argue that pop music borrows from different genres: much like Dua's Don't Start Now is considered a pop track that borrows elements from the disco genre so is Taylor's ballad Cardigan that borrows from indie/folk and I've seen it classified as CHAMBER POP which is a branch of pop. As far as I know, they blended a bunch of categories into Best Pop Solo Performance so they judge the quality of the instrumental as well as the vocals of the POP RECORDING. In other words, if the artist adopts POP patterns in the way they sing or the way the instrumental is constructed, or both, they can get a nomination for that. Out of Folklore, Cardigan is probably the pop-iest one + it appeals to the public because of its song composition, catchy melody and lyrics - it's a love song after all. Cardigan matches a lot of boxes including the popularity one and although it's not a pop ballad ala Halo or Hello, I'd still put it there. Also, the best pop solo performance category isn't about impact but about quality of instrumental/vocals and Cardigan has both which is why I think it deserves its place there.

I wouldn't compare it to Don't Start Now because Dua's track also ticks boxes but in a different way. In other words, they're from different sub-genres of pop but they're still pop which makes it hard to choose, in my opinion. I wouldn't be able to give a precise definition about what's considered pop because the genre evolves and it includes/excludes different stuff throughout the years. By putting the two tracks in the same category, I think the Grammys are just showing diversity. I'd be interested to know how they'd make their choices, although we know that there are experts from the field and each of them casts their vote, so whichever track receives the most becomes the winner.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I totally get what you’re saying. And I understand pop music is meant as popular music. I think that’s fine for charts and such and maybe fan voted awards. But for the Grammy’s, which is supposed to be the industry setting itself apart and honoring those that made huge impact or stretched their genre, I feel like there should a different standard. Which is why I don’t feel like cardigan is nearly as impactful as Don’t Start Now. Sure it debuted at #1, but didn’t it also suffer like the biggest drop in chart history after its debut? 

It's the way I am seeing an unbiased Taylor stan for the first time :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

A miracle in pop has crossed the world :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 2

Record Of The Year: Don't Start Now

Album Of The Year: Future Nostalgia

Song Of The Year: Cardigan

Best New Artist: Megan Thee Stallion

Best Pop Solo Performance: Cardigan

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Exile

Best Pop Vocal Album: Folklore

• Love 1

Lol at the Justin Beaver Flop Changes wtf :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:.

Honestly what's up with Flopmies? Dua, Taylor and Billie creates Grammy worthy music cuz there is no competition :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Maybe i'm just getting old, thinking Grammies are for Mozarts, Bachs, Beehovens, Presleys, Madonnas and Jacksons. I dont think a song with the name Cardigan deserves a win and The Weeknd as an artist deserves no nominations. But Doja and Megan does? Grammies are literally for anybody who signed up for the Illumination light nestor the long eared christmas donkey GIF by Warner Archive

Rain On Me is a sure win. Can't wait for Gaga's politically correct and progressive academic speech while wearing a skimpy latex outfit. Sorry, forgot she put her "old" integrity into the past and is a standard Hollywood rack now lady gaga GIF by SAG Awards

Watch Beyoncé get at least one Grammy with her... culturally appropriate MCR sequel tribute. Which was such a bop :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

Are these even the real nominations Lebron James Reaction GIF?

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block