This Day in Pop: Shallow reaches #1 on BB Hot 100 (March 5)

6 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Sweetie no one really cares for that song except for 🚬’s pushing 30 :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Oops, Whenever Wherever, Complicated, Crazy In Love, Toxic, We Belong Together, Hips Don’t Lie and Umbrella were all far superior pop songs :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

It’s a better song than Overrated Ladies by Beyonka so I’ll give you thaT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

Gurl bye :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: It is critically acclaimed for a reason :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: even the straights love the song because of that chef kiss build-up and clean production :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: the only song that is better than Bad Romance is Umbrella and Toxic and probably OIDIA and that's why they remain the pop trinity of the 2000s :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Imagine thinking Crazy In Flopping is better than BR nnnnnn the lack of taste buds is a symptom of corona, ya know? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: issa good but is basic RnB music when compared to Bad Romance which is innovative electeonic dance-pop :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: it's better than any Beyonce song lol :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Gurl bye :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: It is critically acclaimed for a reason :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: even the straights love the song because of that chef kiss build-up and clean production :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: the only song that is better than Bad Romance is Umbrella and Toxic and probably OIDIA and that's why they remain the pop trinity of the 2000s :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Imagine thinking Crazy In Flopping is better than BR nnnnnn the lack of taste buds is a symptom of corona, ya know? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: issa good but is basic RnB music when compared to Bad Romance which is innovative electeonic dance-pop :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: it's better than any Beyonce song lol :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

NNNNNN we have to laugh :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: The sheer DELUSION and bias sweets :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: BR is acclaimed because she is a critics darling so what do you expect :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Again it’s not that it’s a bad song but it’s HIGHLY overrated and outdated (and not in a cute way like Oops because Oops actually has gorgeous melody and a strong nostalgia value) :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: ANYWAY :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Take it from someone who regularly went to straight clubs and bars (pre-COVID) with a primarily straight friend group (which usually only play latin/trap/hip-hop/90s r&b/rap, etc.) and I will firsthand tell you that literally NO DJ will ever or has dared to play Bad Romance, let alone any Fadga song during their set list :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: LITERALLY not once have I ever heard Gaga at a club/bar maybe except for when I’m in Weho so there goes thaT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: And Crazy In Love is literally a far better song in every aspect and by MILES considering the song actually reaches a LARGER demographic outside just 🚬 ‘s:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:  I can literally name you like 10 or 15 Beyonce songs that are better than FAD Romance and I’m not even a Beyonce fan :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Again you’re dreaming and you can keep dreamingT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Haha 3
56 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

And Crazy In Love is literally a far better song in every aspect and by MILES considering the song actually reaches a LARGER demographic outside just 🚬 ‘s:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:  I can literally name you like 10 or 15 Beyonce songs that are better than FAD Romance and I’m not even a Beyonce fan :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Again you’re dreaming and you can keep dreamingT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Crazy In Love is so basic and no, there t no Beyonce songs that can get better than this masterpiece, and what demographic has it attracted lol? Everyone stans BR :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: it's her most popular song for a reasonT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Crazy In Love is so basic and no, there t no Beyonce songs that can get better than this masterpiece, and what demographic has it attracted lol? Everyone stans BR :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: it's her most popular song for a reasonT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Sweetie you have no room to talk about what is basic or not considering how you weren’t even alive during NONE of the years that was the brilliant musical and pop culture renaissance of 1995-2004 :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: I mean, it’s not even Fad’s best song (*cough, cough* Summerboy, Beautiful Dirty Rich, Shallow, Poker Face, Million Reasons *cough, cough*) but please continue believing so if that helps you sleep at night :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Ask anyone on the street who isn’t a 🚬and I guarantee you 9/10 would choose Crazy In Love over Bad Romance any day of the weekT :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah, Reputation was era to have lived through :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

a moment of silence for those born post-2018 because that's when she started flopping :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Reputation was cute for a minute and half but then her schtick got tired and then Legendriana took over and become THEE main pop girl with eras like Sweetner and tun :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah, Reputation was era to have lived through :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

a moment of silence for those born post-2018 because that's when she started flopping :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Why bring Taylor into this, but shes far from flopping. Folklore sold 846k first week and was number one for 8 weeks. Lover pulled off similiar first week numbers and though ME! and You Need To Calm Down were blocked by the biggest number one of all time they still were huge and made more noise than many no 1. Hits today. Obsessed much? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Taylor literally only has like 3 good songs :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

Truly the weakest discography out of any main pop girl this century :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Weakest discography🤣🤣🤣 thats funny. For many other artist their disco graphy is like singles + couple of good songs + lots of filler album tracks for Taylor her discography is like Singles + album tracks and deep cuts that are way better than the singles. Try again, Taylor makes better albums than singles, everyone knows that. She is one of the few pop girls who can pull of a full album with all great tracks. 

26 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

Weakest discography🤣🤣🤣 thats funny. For many other artist their disco graphy is like singles + couple of good songs + lots of filler album tracks for Taylor her discography is like Singles + album tracks and deep cuts that are way better than the singles. Try again, Taylor makes better albums than singles, everyone knows that. She is one of the few pop girls who can pull of a full album with all great tracks. 

Sorry to break it to you but Taylor’s demographic is mostly just white gays (I don’t mean this offensively) and pre-teens / teens from middle America (usually under the age of 19). I will admit that I actually do appreciate her earlier work and think she peaked, musically, with Fearless/Speak Now but other than that, there really is no flavor or authenticity to her discography. If I want to listen to authentic crossover country-pop, I’ll put on some Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Kacey Musgraves, LeAnn Rimes, etc. and so forth. Her attempt at going pop was such a flub considering the music was so bland and one-dimensional. Like sure, she worked with Max and co., to produce some commercial pop for radio and mass appeal but were any of them actually good? And now that she’s gone folk, I can’t help but not take her serious. Like sure, she can write a damn song and play the guitar but where is the passion of it? The albums simply drag on, lack soul/harmony and don’t seem to go anywhere but of course they’re going to receive RAVE reviews because just like Beyonce, she is a critics darling and dare anyone negatively criticize her work, then they’ll have a sea of swifties at their door. I mean if you like folk/guitar pop, I suggest you broaden your musical horizon and listen to some authentic female artists like Aimee Man, Cat Power, Nelly Furtado’s early work, Regina Spektor, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Stevie Nicks, Patti Smith, Carole King, etc. off the top of my head. I mean even Madonna’s attempt at going folk was far more brilliant and captured an essence that Taylor hasn’t acquired. It’s a reason why many dislike her, see no appeal and find her ‘annoying’, and once you take those rose-colored lenses off, you’ll understand what I mean by all this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Sorry to break it to you but Taylor’s demographic is mostly just white gays (I don’t mean this offensively) and pre-teens / teens from middle America (usually under the age of 19). I will admit that I actually do appreciate her earlier work and think she peaked, musically, with Fearless/Speak Now but other than that, there really is no flavor or authenticity to her discography. If I want to listen to authentic crossover country-pop, I’ll put on some Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Kacey Musgraves, LeAnn Rimes, etc. and so forth. Her attempt at going pop was such a flub considering the music was so bland and one-dimensional. Like sure, she worked with Max and co., to produce some commercial pop for radio and mass appeal but were any of them actually good? And now that she’s gone folk, I can’t help but not take her serious. Like sure, she can write a damn song and play the guitar but where is the passion of it? The albums simply drag on, lack soul/harmony and don’t seem to go anywhere but of course they’re going to receive RAVE reviews because just like Beyonce, she is a critics darling and dare anyone negatively criticize her work, then they’ll have a sea of swifties at their door. I mean if you like folk/guitar pop, I suggest you broaden your musical horizon and listen to some authentic female artists like Aimee Man, Cat Power, Nelly Furtado’s early work, Regina Spektor, Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Stevie Nicks, Patti Smith, Carole King, etc. off the top of my head. I mean even Madonna’s attempt at going folk was far more brilliant and captured an essence that Taylor hasn’t acquired. It’s a reason why many dislike her, see no appeal and find her ‘annoying’, and once you take those rose-colored lenses off, you’ll understand what I mean by all this.

I think Taylor has a lot of young adult fans and even adults. But thats not the main point. I do understand that her music doesnt appeal to everyone, however i wouldnt call her music passionless, quite everything she has ever done has showed that music and songwriting is her true passion. And I think that is what might make her music seem like less dimensional or interesting to someone. Her music is driven by the lyrics and stories, not the production or vocals. Of course Taylor has a nice voice but the most important thing of it is the storytelling aspect of it and the emotions she can show. To get her music I have found that I need to really listen at first and understand the lyrics. And the reason her discography as a full works so well is because every song has a different story and meaning, even if the production is lacking theres always something going on lyrically. Some of those artists you mentioned I have heard and I do like especially Furtados work. So yeah I can understand Taylor is not everyones cup of tea and not everyone gets her or relates to her lyrics the way I do. But I do feel like it is untrue to say her discography is weak or she is a flop, because there are a lot of people who lover her music and get her. Folklore and evermore are pretty much only driven by the lyrics which is why they can be very hard to listen to and arent albums that you can just shuffle and play and bop and dance to. Without the lyrics there isnt that much going on but thats what folklore is about, its about telling stories about various people and things and passing them onto her fans like a "folklore". So while I do respect your opinion i cant agree with much of it. 

Reputation was cute for a minute and half but then her schtick got tired and then Legendriana took over and become THEE main pop girl with eras like Sweetner and tun :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Nnnnn but I still remember the sheer amount of panic the media and internet had when LWYMMD came out, it was so ICONIC (and her last iconic song). And then the day of the album came out, the hype in that week alone was like an event. Everyone rushing to the stores to get atleast ONE copy. I remember my brother downloading it in his music library as well. It really was the last era which was an evenT :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

But yeah I guess from 2018 onwards, she started to be dominated by other artist like Ariana Grande. Ariana really did run pop in 2018 with GIAW and NTLTC :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Sweetener was her first mega hit era :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: and TU,N just sealed her staying power :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

2 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Why bring Taylor into this, but shes far from flopping. Folklore sold 846k first week and was number one for 8 weeks. Lover pulled off similiar first week numbers and though ME! and You Need To Calm Down were blocked by the biggest number one of all time they still were huge and made more noise than many no 1. Hits today. Obsessed much? 

Lol calm down shawty. Taylor ain't paying u hourly to defend her. I said she was flopping as joke via none of her eras post-2017 made the noise and hype the way Reputation or 1989 did. Lover and Folklore were big eras, but u cant call them mega-hit eras since they werent. LOVER was more of her GP-redemption album after her unapologetic attitude a year prior to that and it worked in making the GP like her :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: obsessed much? U do know that I like her music right and was somewhat of a stan during her Reputation era? :clownery_makeup_meme:

See, this is why you r the king of exhale :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Lol calm down shawty. Taylor ain't paying u hourly to defend her. I said she was flopping as joke via none of her eras post-2017 made the noise and hype the way Reputation or 1989 did. Lover and Folklore were big eras, but u cant call them mega-hit eras since they werent. LOVER was more of her GP-redemption album after her unapologetic attitude a year prior to that and it worked in making the GP like her :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: obsessed much? U do know that I like her music right and was somewhat of a stan during her Reputation era? :clownery_makeup_meme:

Its just weird how Taylor keeps getting dragged in topics not even about her. And from your comments no I wouldnt know u like her music. People truly seem to be obsessed with putting Taylor down here. Also Lover and folklore couldve been bigger eras with a tour. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Its just weird how Taylor keeps getting dragged in topics not even about her.

Lol, A thread popped up a few months ago asking people whom they thought was more iconic, Taylor or Gaga and there were people whom surprisingly chose Taylor over Gaga, when Taylor has like what? 4-5 actual iconic songs? 1 iconic performance? 5 iconic moments? 2 iconic eras? And she is suddenly more iconic than Gaga who is the definition of iconic besides Britney and Madonna :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

And from your comments no I wouldnt know u like her music.

Awww, then it seems that u barely see my post and comments on whatever thread U see because the last time I know, I was defending Taylor from haters whom were dragging her for doing nothing :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Not to mention I own the CD of Reputation and Lover, with 1989 being in my vinyl wish list :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: But okay, go off I guess :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

People truly seem to be obsessed with putting Taylor down here.

I know there is a whole community here that detest her but I ain't part of it lmbo :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Also Lover and folklore couldve been bigger eras with a tour. 

:akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao::akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block