Little Mix's Jesy teases snippet of her solo music!

Slayer

2 hours ago, Alestaos said:

Stigmatization of Mental Health is still something that is happening in 2021? I thought we as a community were better

Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

Reveal hidden contents

Also i see you @OnlyBeyonce liking the replies talking negatively about her mental health experience. I know your better than that :) 

Anyone on this board can react however they want. you don't have to be a rude and point out other members.  Everyone who has these issues handles things differently.

• Love 3

Stigmatization of Mental Health is still something that is happening in 2021? I thought we as a community were better

Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

Reveal hidden contents

Also i see you @OnlyBeyonce liking the replies talking negatively about her mental health experience. I know your better than that :) 

I don't think it's that's what they were trying to say but more that certain people tend to use their mental health issues as a way to sell their brand, music and identity.  As a public, we only discuss mental illness when a celebrity uses it as a way to endorse themselves.  Everyone suffers from something but not everyone lets it define who they are.  There's a certain singer that is now more known for milking all of her "mental illness" and is having people confuse **** use with actual mental illness.  That's what is happening when celebrities use mental illness to advance their career vs actually caring to discuss the topic.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, soweird101 said:There's a certain singer that is now more known for milking all of her "mental illness" and is having people confuse **** use with actual mental illness.  That's what is happening when celebrities use mental illness to advance their career vs actually caring to discuss the topic.

Mhm and I refuse to watch her doc because we have literally heard it all from them before 

Thing is I became a little mix Stan with the confetti album, and then I went down the rabbit hole listening to their older stuff. So I’m disappointed she left, her vocals were some of my faves on confetti and loved her body. I had a feeling her mental health induced exit from the group was going to lead to solo work. I will support her solo career tho but like others have said if your mental health is really bothering you and being on stage is anxiety inducing, than I thought she would at least take some time too herself and then come back with a solo album, this is kinda suspiciously happening too fast as if this was the plan all along.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I totally agree! It really is, she said she was told she HAD to have Twitter and wasn't allowed not to be on social media! She did delete twitter after her suicide attempt and hasn't returned to it since.

It's sad because even interviewers would randomly bring up to Jesy the horrible things written about her!

Jesy also previously said how LM's label tried to get her on anti depressants instead of telling her to talk to someone. She also revealed they injected her with painkillers to get her on stage once too. She really should have had so much support from her label.

Her mom wanted her to leave the group a long time ago too! It's all very sad but it seems like she's happier now and doing things her way. She's talked openly about going to therapy and how much it's helped her!

Another abusive record label dehumanizing their talent and treating them like cattle.  SMH. The stupidest part is that that's not even the most effective way to manage artists.  They'd be much more productive without being abused and treated like slaves.  These record executives are just evil ******s on a power trip most of the time.  Hope she's in better hands now and it's not all just for show.

The song snippet sounds amazing btw.  It's very current like Streets from Doja.  Sounds Blackout like.  I hope she dances.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, iamsmashed said:

Anyone on this board can react however they want. you don't have to be a rude and point out other members.  Everyone who has these issues handles things differently.

wow GIF

Next time you struggle with something remind me to belittle it, and make it seem as if your struggles dont matter at all. Also following your logic, it is also in my right on this board to disagree with the, and put a counterclaim

Also i wasn't being mean or rude to @OnlyBeyonce i was just shocked to see him/her liking certain posts. He/She can like what they want to like, but really it was just a surprise on my part. So, Sorry @OnlyBeyonce i didn't mean for it to look like i was singling you out

• Love 1
13 hours ago, soweird101 said:

I don't think it's that's what they were trying to say but more that certain people tend to use their mental health issues as a way to sell their brand, music and identity.  As a public, we only discuss mental illness when a celebrity uses it as a way to endorse themselves.  Everyone suffers from something but not everyone lets it define who they are.  There's a certain singer that is now more known for milking all of her "mental illness" and is having people confuse **** use with actual mental illness.  That's what is happening when celebrities use mental illness to advance their career vs actually caring to discuss the topic.

But we arent talking about Demi Lovato were talking about someone who has struggled but hasn't used it to further her career at all.

Jessie used her mental health to open talk and make people aware of what words can do to people. She opened a dialogue in the UK and Ireland about Mental Health and How we treat people both online and offline.

Demi Lovato yes i agree uses her **** use as a crutch and constantly goes on about her mental health, whereas Jessie actually spoke out about her mental health to show other people that there not alone feeling that way.

I think there 2 very different cases

• Love 2

But we arent talking about Demi Lovato were talking about someone who has struggled but hasn't used it to further her career at all.

Jessie used her mental health to open talk and make people aware of what words can do to people. She opened a dialogue in the UK and Ireland about Mental Health and How we treat people both online and offline.

Demi Lovato yes i agree uses her **** use as a crutch and constantly goes on about her mental health, whereas Jessie actually spoke out about her mental health to show other people that there not alone feeling that way.

I think there 2 very different cases

You snapped King :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block