Little Mix's Jesy teases snippet of her solo music!

Slayer

15 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

And when it flops she’ll start talking about her mental health issues again. 

Nothing against her but I hate when people use it to gain sympathy and pity rather than helping others who face the same thing by sharing your story.

What a disgusting thing to say - this is the EXACT reason people are scared to talk about mental health because people give these stupid comments and make out like they are liars.

Most artists make music as a form of therapy - in no way she did she say she was leaving the music business. She said she hated the pressure of being in a girl group.

I don't get when people who aren't even fans make comments about her - you literally know NOTHING about her issues with mental health.

The audacity to say she opens up to not help people, she released a documentary not too long ago to spread awareness - which was about MANY other people, normal people and the issues they face. Her documentary is played in schools to help spread awareness of the effects of bullying and trolling. Her documentary has won numerous awards for the impact it has had.

So I think it is completely incorrect and awful to say she is not doing this to help people - this just shows how little you actually know about her.

Educate yourself.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Slayer said:

What a disgusting thing to say - this is the EXACT reason people are scared to talk about mental health because people give these stupid comments and make out like they are liars.

Most artists make music as a form of therapy - in no way she did she say she was leaving the music business. She said she hated the pressure of being in a girl group.

I don't get when people who aren't even fans make comments about her - you literally know NOTHING about her issues with mental health.

The audacity to say she opens up to not help people, she released a documentary not too long ago to spread awareness - which was about MANY other people, normal people and the issues they face. Her documentary is played in schools to help spread awareness of the effects of bullying and trolling. Her documentary has won numerous awards for the impact it has had.

So I think it is completely incorrect and awful to say she is not doing this to help people - this just shows how little you actually know about her.

Educate yourself.

:well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Nothing against her but I hate when people use it to gain sympathy and pity rather than helping others who face the same thing by sharing your story.

Settle down. Check her ig, it's not so long since she was talking about mental health / body issues. Jesy is the complete opposite of what you tried to describe. Yeah, there might be people that would use their issues to play that victim card but Jesy is not one of those. Do your research. 

• Love 1

I just have to say something. FML. I love you Jesy but it just concerns me when someone complains about how they have developed an eating disorder and/or other severe mental health issues for years at the hands of social media and pressures of the industry .... but then continues to post body pictures and then creates hype for an upcoming public business project so soon .... 

Take some time off. Come back with ... I don't know ... some statement where you've done some soul searching, what you have done to feel more prepared for fame in the future ... and then go on to kickerse. But I've seen none of that. It's hard to support her. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Stigmatization of Mental Health is still something that is happening in 2021? I thought we as a community were better

Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

Spoiler

Also i see you @OnlyBeyonce liking the replies talking negatively about her mental health experience. I know your better than that :) 

• Love 1

I wonder what her sound will be, i think maybe something more RnB/Urban. I remember in an interview for Get Weird she stated how she was really enjoying listening to the urban rnb scene.

Could Jessie be Englands answer to RnB songstress Toni Braxton?(they both have such sultry voices) I dont know but im eager to find out!

Excited Adam Levine GIF by The Voice

• Love 2

Whoa,

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Educate yourself.

Whoa, I always thought she was supposed to be the hottest one in that group.  I thought all the other girls looked average compared to her.  When she left I was like, welp there goes the talent.  Crazy how low self-esteem can destroy a person.  She would literally be fine and successful if she didn't listen to them and just did her best. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I wonder what her sound will be, i think maybe something more RnB/Urban. I remember in an interview for Get Weird she stated how she was really enjoying listening to the urban rnb scene.

Could Jessie be Englands answer to RnB songstress Toni Braxton?(they both have such sultry voices) I dont know but im eager to find out!

Excited Adam Levine GIF by The Voice

This as well. 

:saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, TarzanPapi1776 said:

Whoa,

Whoa, I always thought she was supposed to be the hottest one in that group.  I thought all the other girls looked average compared to her.  When she left I was like, welp there goes the talent.  Crazy how low self-esteem can destroy a person.  She would literally be fine and successful if she didn't listen to them and just did her best. 

It's really sad ever since they formed in 2011 she was literally known as the 'fat ugly one', i've literally never seen anybody be trolled so much in my life! It was really bad the first five years of Little Mix! She even revealed in her documentary that she tried to end her life because of the comments too and it got to the point where even at concerts she was paranoid fans were talking about her! Thankfully things slowly calmed down and she suddenly became the GP's favourite! Especially after he documentary, she has received soooo much support! However, she is the one that is ALWAYS picked on by the media.

She was never even 'fat' or 'ugly', it's so sad how people's comments affect someone so much! She's literally so beautiful inside and out!

8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It's really sad ever since they formed in 2011 she was literally known as the 'fat ugly one', i've literally never seen anybody be trolled so much in my life! It was really bad the first five years of Little Mix! She even revealed in her documentary that she tried to end her life because of the comments too and it got to the point where even at concerts she was paranoid fans were talking about her! Thankfully things slowly calmed down and she suddenly became the GP's favourite! Especially after he documentary, she has received soooo much support! However, she is the one that is ALWAYS picked on by the media.

She was never even 'fat' or 'ugly', it's so sad how people's comments affect someone so much! She's literally so beautiful inside and out!

It's really her peoples fault.  Her managers and team should protect her from shady interview questions and social media.  When you're famous you just can't go online the same way a normal person does anymore.  She needs a social media manager.  The only thing she needs to read all day is self-help books and fashion blogs.  If she needs to hear constructive criticism, she can tell her team, "Okay, I'm ready for the hard stuff today" and then its their job to not really tell her everything but to say it nicely without devastating her.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TarzanPapi1776 said:

It's really her peoples fault.  Her managers and team should protect her from shady interview questions and social media.  When you're famous you just can't go online the same way a normal person does anymore.  She needs a social media manager.  The only thing she needs to read all day is self-help books and fashion blogs.  If she needs to hear constructive criticism, she can tell her team, "Okay, I'm ready for the hard stuff today" and then its their job to not really tell her everything but to say it nicely without devastating her.

I totally agree! It really is, she said she was told she HAD to have Twitter and wasn't allowed not to be on social media! She did delete twitter after her suicide attempt and hasn't returned to it since.

It's sad because even interviewers would randomly bring up to Jesy the horrible things written about her!

Jesy also previously said how LM's label tried to get her on anti depressants instead of telling her to talk to someone. She also revealed they injected her with painkillers to get her on stage once too. She really should have had so much support from her label.

Her mom wanted her to leave the group a long time ago too! It's all very sad but it seems like she's happier now and doing things her way. She's talked openly about going to therapy and how much it's helped her!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block