Best Albums In 2020

Hi everyone! We are almost at the end of the horrible 2020. We had bad experiences, bad things happened around the world this year. But also there were good things that happened in music industry around this time. Lots of artists have done great work. I'm really curious about what your favorite albums are this year. Which album was the best album of the year and what is your favorite music video in 2020? You can tell as many as you want. I'll tell you mine first. Here are the albums:

1. Folklore by Taylor Swift
  2. Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa
  3. Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus 
  4. More & More by Twice
  5. Eyes Wide Open by Twice
  6. Confetti by Little Mix
  7. After Hours by The Weeknd
  8. Chromatica by Lady Gaga

I know it's a lot but these are the albums I've been listening non-stop throughout 2020. As I said this year was a good year for me in terms of music and I had a hard time choosing the albums :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:. In my opinion -even though Plastic Hearts is competing with Folklore- Folklore is the best album of the year, it has a special place in my heart and it will be.

My favorite music video is Adore You which is extremely bizarre by Harry Styles. That's all! I'm looking forward to hear about yours. I hope you don't let this flop. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: I wish you all happy new year in advance. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:best-albums-2020.jpg.5bfa3406a590c27ec4073ecb098e4b69.jpg

• Love 6

MORE & MORE and Eyes wide Open - we stan! :matches:

Pop:

Spoiler
  • Poppy - I Disagree
  • Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
  • Gabrielle Aplin - Dear Happy
  • Lady Gaga - Chromatica
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B
  • Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

K-Pop:

Spoiler
  • TWICE - Eyes wide open (AOTY)
  • TWICE - MORE & MORE
  • KAI (EXO) - KAI (did not expect to love this as much as I did, and his voice is freakin' gorgeous)
  • LOONA - [12:00] (made me finally stan LOONA)
  • DAWN - DAWNDIDIDAWN
  • cignature - Listen and Speak
  • (G)I-DLE - I trust
  • Jessi - NUNA
  • NATURE - NATURE WORLD: CODE M
  • KARD - Red Moon

I'm really slow when it comes to catching up with new album releases, so I still haven't checked out SAWAYAMA and What's Your Pleasure? :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: evermore and folklore are welcome additions to Taylor's discography, but they're not something I would listen to every day. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 1

Great thread! Heres my list :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

1. Future Nostalgia
  2. Whats Your Pleasure?
  3. SAWAYAMA
  4. Fine Line
  5. The Slow Rush
  6. Chromatica
  7. After Hours
  8. Rare
  9. Folklore
  10. SMILE (i said what i said and the Katy haters will deal I Said What I Said GIFs | Tenor)

Unpopular Opinion: Folklore is a great album and such a breath of fresh air from Taylors discography but i wouldn't go as far to say it was the best album of 2020 :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: I mean opinion-wise, i enjoy albums like Rare and SMILE more than Folklore but if i am objectively speaking, there are still many albums more amazing or excellent like Slow Rush, SAWAYAMA, Whats Your Pleasure? and Fine Line which were fantastic bodies of work so i dont see why the review labels are everywhere calling it the best album of 2020 :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

4 minutes ago, vertovera said:

I can't call it an album because it has 14 songs in it and I hear just one song over and over again throughout the album. I guess I’m not the only one. Positions is a veritable disappointment. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

And then you have people whom call it her most risky and experimental album and i feel extremely sorry for them :trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hunny, you HAVE to listen to Whats Your Pleasure? Its a pure masterpiece and you will LOVE it :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: Spotlight, Read my lips and Mirage are so amazing and truly so earthly and glam-disco at its finest! :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: Even @Iconic 4 U stans this masterpiece :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

I know I should. If I remember correctly, the top YouTube music reviewer listed it as his favorite album of 2020, which is huge for a pop record.

:kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1

My favorite albums (in no particular order):  

Plastic Hearts || Miley Cyrus       

After Hours || The Weeknd     

SAWAYAMA || Rina Sawayama     

everything means nothing || blackbear     

I Can Feel You Forgetting Me || Neon Trees      

These Two Windows || Alec Benjamin     

Chromatica || Lady Gaga       

The *******s || Palaye Royale

Blood Harmony (Deluxe) || FINNEAS

love is not dying || Jeremy Zucker       

Nicotine || Trevor Daniel     

punk2 || brakence    

Folklore || Taylor Swift   

Positions || Ariana Grande    

Future Nostalgia || Dua Lipa

Kelsea || Kelsea Ballerini  

Ungodly Hour || Chloe x Halle   

Rare || Selena Gomez

Wonder || Shawn Mendez

Evermore || Taylor Swift

My Favorite EPs (in no particular order):     

Outsiders Club || XYLO     

PAUSA || Ricky Martin    

The Purge || Within Temptation

After School || Melanie Martinez

THE *(EX) TAPES || FLETCHER   

iamnotshane || iamnotshane 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block