Taylor Swift's "willow" debuts at #1, sets new record

Jordan Miller

The way y'all drag her for 99 cents and 69 cents single. .

Do I need to dig up several articles of the payola that everybody knows mimi benefited from 

Mimi is dragged as a local act and Asia only. 

Love her, but her international sales pale compare to the others acts in her prime. 

.I wish @Blackout2006 actually did a thread proving Mariah really failed to conquer Europe and Australia. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

BTS' Dynamite still #9 this week on Hot 100. Not liking how you keep clowning yourself like that. Embarrassing.

Easy now, but they truly outmilked that strategy. And yeah, they climbed up thanks to another remix I read in BB.com. 
Organic? No. Allowed and business beneficial? Yes

Btw, I don’t know what I did to you so you’d write that bitter comment... :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

27 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The way y'all drag her for 99 cents and 69 cents single. .

Do I need to dig up several articles of the payola that everybody knows mimi benefited from 

Mimi is dragged as a local act and Asia only. 

Love her, but her international sales pale compare to the others acts in her prime. 

.I wish @Blackout2006 actually did a thread proving Mariah really failed to conquer Europe and Australia. 

Wait she isnt popular in Europe? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

13 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait she isnt popular in Europe? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Not really 

Only for music box and Daydream. 

Once she went R&B and hip hop especially at the 90s..

LA raid talked about this in his book..

@Jordan Miller

Universal music CEO Lucian Grange didn't forget this conversation. 

LA raid called him addressing the fact mimi only sold 600,000 copies in the UK compared to the 6 Million in the US..

He was told it's too urban for British audiences.

Lucian suggested an EDM version for the European market..

To which la reid cuseed him out and said no. 

Well Lucian took over Universal music North America, LA reid was fired. 

LA said he never forgot I cussed him out on the audacity to remix a so called  "urban" album for European audiences.  I was fired cos I stood up for Mariah and her sound which is R&B, not urban anyway. 

Read Sing to  me, it's actually fascinating.  

There is a reason why outkast is no longer making music. 

Andre 3000 called out the modern day mainstream version of Coachella by wearing a jacket that said Sold out, lowkey shading the way the festival went from being this indie music and arts fest to a joke of it's former self. 

• Like 2

Kudos to the business queen she is (wouldn’t be complaining if Britney tried to game the charts tbh and I hope Britney does next time- cause everybody has been doing emails, I mean, doing chart gaming). 

but I still don’t get the wide Taylor appeal- genuinely. Not throwing shade at all- again massive kudos to the success, it’s pretty incredible- I just personally don’t get it. I find her mediocre at most things at best.. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, car said:

Kudos to the business queen she is (wouldn’t be complaining if Britney tried to game the charts tbh and I hope Britney does next time- cause everybody has been doing emails, I mean, doing chart gaming). 

but I still don’t get the wide Taylor appeal- genuinely. Not throwing shade at all- again massive kudos to the success, it’s pretty incredible- I just personally don’t get it. I find her mediocre at most things at best.. 

When you have a majority white audience, this kind of success is expected.  

That's by what the haters say. 

She only appeals to the whites 

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Not really 

@Jordan Miller

LA raid called him addressing the fact mimi only sold 600,000 copies in the UK compared to the 6 Million in the US..

LA said he never forgot I cussed him out on the audacity to remix a so called  "urban" album for European audiences.  I was fired cos I stood up for Mariah and her sound which is R&B, not urban anyway. 

Andre 3000 called out the modern day mainstream version of Coachella by wearing a jacket that said Sold out, lowkey shading the way the festival went from being this indie music and arts fest to a joke of it's former self. 

But isnt 600k for TEOM good? Thats quite good sales for the UK standards and didnt MCs Merry Christmas album sell 1 million copies in the Europe, and even Butterfly and Rainbow which were total hip-hop and rnb albums sold as much as the Merry Christmas record? Heck even her #1s complitation record sold 2 million copies there. Or wait, 1 million sales for a continent arent good?

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Didn't it climb from #24 to #9 because of the new holiday remix of Dynamite, though?! :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I'm just gonna ignore that other user because he was bitter about their #1 since the song was announced, saying it's another #1 that will fall off the charts immediately. Then, kept trying to create new narrative to say how their #1 is inorganic.

It was #24 last week, 4 months after the song came out without a new remix. It just depends on how you wanna see it. The Weeknd also released a new remix featuring ROSALIA, but I guess someone would try it and say Blinding Lights is not a hit...

Clown = whining about BTS getting #1 since Day 1 but jumping to Taylor's defense immediately as soon as someone pointed out about the remixes.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2020 at 11:00 PM, MonAmour said:

You must have never been in a studio, haha. You could manipulate and overlay vocals, then “leak” them... just fyi

You can't just delete the instrumental for it's entirity tho unless you have some crazy *** expensive devices which I doubt a fan would go through just to make up it's Britney singing.

And filtering the instrumental to get a clear acapella is NEVER this clear.

5 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

You can't just delete the instrumental for it's entirity tho unless you have some crazy *** expensive devices which I doubt a fan would go through just to make up it's Britney singing.

And filtering the instrumental to get a clear acapella is NEVER this clear.

Ummm, yes it is. Ask a whole class of music industry arts students at your local college... anyone could do it. Come on, you can’t be that naive. Do you know anything about producing music? Lol.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Not really 

@Jordan Miller

He is absolutely right, to release something rnb / urban is careersuicide. 

They managed to release 2 tracks as one single here for Beyoncé, stuff like Diva would never work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block