This Day in Pop: 'Overprotected' music video premieres in 2001

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

me too, like the past 20 years or so :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Oops, Overprotected and Crazy (The Stop Remix!) are the three songs I keep on listening all the time as years go by :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

For me it’s always been BOMT, Oops and Toxic as my go to. I could literally listen to them on repeat for an entire day and not be tired. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: These days however, I find myself listening to Lucky and Stronger a lot on repeat. Can’t believe I used to ‘dislike’ Stronger for so many years. A moment I am certainly not proud of. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

7 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Can’t believe I used to ‘dislike’ Stronger for so many years. A moment I am certainly not proud of. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

my siblings and I didn't like Stronger when the album came out, but the thing is we never even listened to it past that weird intro :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: we would always skip it right away, like wtf is this:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: but one day we just let it play and we were like :melt_weird_drift_wow: 

So we were very excited when it got a videoclip later in the year :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Yeah, I also listen to Stronger a lot, well, basically most of Oops album, but I must confess there were some years were I kinda skipped them. But yeah, actually I always listen to these youtube playlists that are generated based on your history or whatever, and this year in particular the songs that always come up are Overprotected, Lucky, Stronger, My Prerogative, Crazy, Oops, Sometimes and after that it would be Circus, Slave, MATM.

But like very very lately, like since a couple of weeks ago, Perfume and Make Me... videos have made their way into the playlists I'm always like :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: when I start hearing the girls talking to the guy at the beginning of Make Me... 

giphy.gif

I'm trying to do a timeline of the Britney era and this mf single dates are almost nowhere to be found!

I did find that the earliest release was December 10 for Australia and New Zealand with a Maxi Single. And the for the MV the only date I found was December 26th.

I LOVE the DWAD outfit but I prefer the remix as the song and Mv.

3 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

I'm trying to do a timeline of the Britney era and this mf single dates are almost nowhere to be found!

I did find that the earliest release was December 10 for Australia and New Zealand with a Maxi Single. And the for the MV the only date I found was December 26th.

I LOVE the DWAD outfit but I prefer the remix as the song and Mv.

but look at this link, I mean, I don't know how reliable it is, but it's pretty random that they would make up the December 08 date for Australia https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/britney-spears/overprotected-4/

And the video is the same, as I cited, some old UK forums say they got the video as early as December 15, and apparently in Latin America it premiered on December 20, but who knows about everywhere else.

• Like 1

By far my all-time favorite song and music video of Britney's entire career. I will never forget that day when my dad woke me up early in the morning because "Britney is singing on French TV M5 channel."

I was fascinated by pretty much everything:

1. The melodies and harmonies of the song.

2. Britney's glowing, still innocent beauty. 

3. Location, concept and cromatic of the video. 

4. Britney's wardrobe and make-up. 

5. The choreography.

To this day I refuse to believe that Friedman owns the choreography. Not once he acknowledged it. As easy as it looks, I still find it almost impossible to recreate without Friedman's insightful explanations.

Than there's the instrumental of the song with the strings at the very end. Genius arrangements on Martin's side. 

The only Britney track I know by heart on a piano to this day... 

Too often I wish, we'd have at least a couple of emojis on here from this genius video... 

Also: I'd sell my soul for a "making the video" episode on Overprotected (International version). 

This was for me by far the most convincing Britney Spears product in her entire catalogue. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but look at this link, I mean, I don't know how reliable it is, but it's pretty random that they would make up the December 08 date for Australia https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/britney-spears/overprotected-4/

And the video is the same, as I cited, some old UK forums say they got the video as early as December 15, and apparently in Latin America it premiered on December 20, but who knows about everywhere else.

Yeah, I don't trust that site, I was updating my fav a few years ago and everything was wrong but the site didn't change it even when I send requests.

For my mental health I will stick with the dates I found hahaha But it is messy.

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: