Doja Cat: thoughts

It's Mili Bitch!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention her crazy versatility and visuals. She is a great performer and can entertain the whole audience and she is always doing the unpredictable. You never know if she is ever going to do a song like Rules which showcases her rap and bar skills, a scandalous song like "Like That", a meme song like "moo!", or a 70s disco and pop song like Say So. 

I really like some of her music and I love that she can sing and rap, but I don’t think she’s an icon in the making. I see her as like a Katy Perry type artist....really popular and successful for a couple albums and then people will get sick of her/lose interest. I could be wrong though I thought that would happen to Nicki...or maybe I hoped it would because I can’t stand Nicki lol!

I honestly can't tell if some of y'all are being facetious with the praise about her being an icon in the making. Why are y'all overlooking the fact that she's essentially a rape apologist who worked with Dr. Luke or that she used derogatory racial lyrics in the past? And even if we're only taking into account her chart success... she has only 1 solo Top 40 hit out the 15 or so singles she's released. Isn't it premature to set expectations for her so high?

Archived