This Day in Pop: Britney Spears performs at the Bambi Awards 2008. Receives 'Best International Pop Star' award (November 27)

6 hours ago, Mainshow said:

As a German I can still remember how I watched that performance live on TV (with my grandmother) - I was so freaking nervous ... I mean, that was basically her comeback performance. One of the most important performances of her entire career. Thus, it can't be "overrated" - It was basically a "hit or break" situation for Britney after her notorious VMA's 07 performance.

She looked gorgeous and was focused, energetic. You could still tell that she was kinda nervous.. and that's why I can totally understand why her management decided to go for a non-US/UK performance to be her comeback one - Maybe performing at the AMA's would have put Britney even more under pressure. - Didn't the French and British performances follow immediately afterwards? - One could tell that Britney was getting more and more energetic and confident... maybe her management was looking for a way to get Britney some "practice" by booking 3 performances following each other - which had a huge impact but can be perceived as less "frightening" for Britney.

Yeah the next day was the uk show and another day star search in france.

was so proud and happy about the laudacio of karl lagerfeld - she really enjoyed him. always hoped for chanel x Britney.

and was an amzing outfit. way better than the uk or french one. also liked the stage more. and it was great to have pink and meg ryan in the crowd. oh well audiance. downside was it wasnt a party crowd. it was an older, glamourous event. not the right setting for high energy dancing as my parents said. but it always had a special place in my heart.

downside for me. was the last day working in the uk. so couldnt watch it live on german tv. and the next day when she was in the uk - I was in Germany and again couldnt watch it live on tv... bomb steve GIF

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...