This Day in Pop: Britney Spears performs at the Bambi Awards 2008. Receives 'Best International Pop Star' award (November 27)

this was a great performance. It wasn't her most exciting by far, but when you look back at what the media put her through around this time, and the global eyes that were on her and the performance itself, it's not one to be missed. For me, Brit looks healthy here... and she looks like she's genuinely excited to be performing again. I  think the entire 'Circus' era was fantastic. The tour was so ****, and so fun. 

Now more than ever it's important for this judge to Free Britney. I   can't wait to see where her creativity takes her once she's freed from this prison, and the passion we'll see behind her eyes if/when she decides to perform again

• Love 6

That was a good comeback performance. She did the best out of a poor choreography. She had energy. You could see her nervous face at the end cause the audience was so dead. Still don't know why her "comeback" performance was on a german show (even if it's a big show there). The American Music Awards was just a few days before. Would have make sense to comeback there instead.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I remember it was Thanksgiving evening and I was so afraid I was gonna miss a link to the live broadcast. Someone on exhale had found one, and I was having turkey dinner with my family, so excitedly impatient that I was gonna miss her performance. I was so obsessed with it from the first watch. The outfit is one of her best and the breakdown, the intro with the dancers, the rolling circus cage ball, ahhhh it’s such a good performance, and her first television xcx performance since the Gimme More VMAs. 

• Love 9

When this came on I was like "okay". She looked, "safe". Her costume was mature, safe, yet ****. She did look a bit nervous, but she killed it. I love the bit where she's behind the screen. I also love how she is referred to as pop royalty all around the world. This was the last era where she looked and seemed normal, like her regular self. Then, FF came along and she started changing. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I'll never forget how uncomfortable she looked after the performance ended. I think she thought the audience wasn't going to clap, but with clapping following seconds after , she began smiling (aww)

Always thought it was strange that her "comeback" performance was on a German show...
I think she was nervous after VMA 2007 and wanted to do something smaller overseas to test the waters.

As a German I can still remember how I watched that performance live on TV (with my grandmother) - I was so freaking nervous ... I mean, that was basically her comeback performance. One of the most important performances of her entire career. Thus, it can't be "overrated" - It was basically a "hit or break" situation for Britney after her notorious VMA's 07 performance.

She looked gorgeous and was focused, energetic. You could still tell that she was kinda nervous.. and that's why I can totally understand why her management decided to go for a non-US/UK performance to be her comeback one - Maybe performing at the AMA's would have put Britney even more under pressure. - Didn't the French and British performances follow immediately afterwards? - One could tell that Britney was getting more and more energetic and confident... maybe her management was looking for a way to get Britney some "practice" by booking 3 performances following each other - which had a huge impact but can be perceived as less "frightening" for Britney.

• Love 6
  • Like 1