This Day in Pop: Kylie Minogue releases album 'X' in 2007 (November 21)

It's the best song by the queen

:bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

|  |                 |  |

|  |                  |  |

|  |                  |  |

_________       _________

__________      __________

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

13 Years ago, Kylie Minogue returned with her tenth studio album "X", no it's not X as in rating..

She saw Fans naming it X as in the Roman numeral is X in 10. 

She was one of the early internet fandoms and saw and interacted with them during the myspace days. 

X was preceded by basically a copy and paste production of Kish Mauve's 2 Hearts. 

2 hearts was a #1 in Australia, top five in the UK..

X became her third Australian number one album in her home country. 

Some fans still are shocked that none of the PWL Era actually topped the Aussie albums. Especially since her debut album "Kylie" produced 3 Back to back #1 singles. 

In the UK it debuted at #4, and we'll looked Like it was Going to flop. But In my Arms and WOW changed the albums fate and allowed it go platinum. 

Some fans think the Bloodshy and Avant tracks Particularly Speakerphone and Nu-Di-ty are actually Blackout rejects considering both came out In the UK weeks apart from each other. 

They also worked on No more Rain but Kylie went to Greg Kurstin to give it more demure production as it's one of two tracks about her cancer Battle. The original production remains unreleased to this Day..cosmic Is the other track and lone ballad. 

Stars seems to be the single that got away. 

X is well known for introducing a future Calvin harris who co produced Both in my Arms and Heart beat rock..

The remix duo Freemasons did another Kylie fan favorite the one in Both album version and an epic 10 minute remix which she performs the one to the Freemasons remix vs the album version. 

X saw a US Release in April of 2008. By that time everybody had it via file sharing or as an import via Amazon. 

X saw two official tour editions in Asia and Australia. 

X was censored in China which Saw the removals of "Like a ****", Speakerphone and "Nu-Di-ty. 

The CD contained an exclusive link to download Ripping up the Disco. 

The fashion and imagery of X is well known for Bright colors in the make up and Kylie's hair for being extremely short as it was basically growing back after the chemotherapy treatrments did its thing. 

And according to some fans. This saw the birth of thick Kylie as she was mostly known pre cancer for a flat stomach and a really good looking arse to match it. 

What's your favorite track From X. Kylie's most experimental pop music to date. Especially all the b sides and tracks that didn't make the cut. 

omg the knowlegde. I found my match. and its so extremely crazy. i am right now watch the x-tour concert blu ray on my pc when i found that threat. I saw the x tour in Berlin and also remeber buying the album, all the singles and downloading the bonustracks. my fave song is the one

This album, with all of its bonus tracks, is amazing. Definately, one of my favourite albums and eras from her.

My favourite tracks are The One, Like a ****, Sensitized, In My Arms and Cherry Bomb.

My least favourite tracks are Heart Beat Rock, Cosmic and Wow.

Let's not forget all of the unreleased tracks that have leaked since 2007 (Ruffle My Feathers, ***ual Gold, Lose Control, Love Is the ****, Simple Boy, Fall For You...)

• Like 1

I love this album! It's def a little dated but I still really enjoy most of it. I'll never understand why they chose 2 Hearts for the first single though, it's one of the worst tracks. I always wished she would have released No More Rain, it fit so well after her cancer journey. It's a beautiful song and so up-lifting.

A lot of Kylie fans hate on X and the X Tour bc they are so random and not cohesive but I don't mind that - makes it kinda fun and interesting, kind of like ITZ. I went to the North American 2009 Tour which was basically a mini X Tour, so awesome! Kylie's my second favorite after Britney =)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, PickleSpears said:

I love this album! It's def a little dated but I still really enjoy most of it. I'll never understand why they chose 2 Hearts for the first single though, it's one of the worst tracks. I always wished she would have released No More Rain, it fit so well after her cancer journey. It's a beautiful song and so up-lifting.

A lot of Kylie fans hate on X and the X Tour bc they are so random and not cohesive but I don't mind that - makes it kinda fun and interesting, kind of like ITZ. I went to the North American 2009 Tour which was basically a mini X Tour, so awesome! Kylie's my second favorite after Britney =)

I've been told  by many fans who went to the kylie north American tour,  it wasn't only one of the best nights of their life, but it's a top five concert experience.  

To think, she paid for that tour to happen, as she had no promoter.  

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I've been told  by many fans who went to the kylie north American tour,  it wasn't only one of the best nights of their life, but it's a top five concert experience.  

To think, she paid for that tour to happen, as she had no promoter.  

It was incredible!! She packed a huge arena show into a small intimate venue. I was prob 20 feet away from the stage. She's just one of the best pop performers out there. Her crowd interaction, 100% live singing, costumes, choreography, dancers, everything are just amazing!!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block