Miley Cyrus - "Plastic Hearts" stream + comment party

So far, I like:

Gimme What I Want - I think it’s too short and it’s missing a third part to the song.

Night Crawling - love her and Billy together. Single worthy track

Bad Karma - love the vocals and production on this.

I STRONGLY disliked WTF Do I Know. Sounds like 2007 Miley but explicit. Plastic Hearts was boring to me too.

Songs that MAY grow on me:

Angels like you

High

Hate Me

Never B Me

G String

My thoughts:

1. WTF Do I know - A BAWP!!! I love this sound from Miley and the subtle 80s influences in the chorus.

2. Plastic Hearts - It's okay but a bit disappointing after the amazing opening track. The guitar solo halfway through is really good though.

3. Angels Like You - I really like this one!! Miley sounds amazing on it.

4. Prisoner - Still a bop. I love the 80s new wave influences on this one. Miley and Dua sound great together. Although I feel like this song could be slightly longer. 

5. Gimme What I Want - This is a bop!! Although it feels quite short for what it is and could have gone on for a bit longer. 

6. Night Crawling - YASSS this is one of my favourites on the album!! It's such a bop and I love the mix of rock and new wave. I can't believe Miley got BILLY IDOL on this song. This could make a good single.

7. Midnight Sky - Probably still the best song on the album to me and the most perfect lead single.

8. High - This one's nice, I like the acoustic guitar. Miley sounds good on it.

9. Hate Me - Again, this one is nice, but it's pretty short. 

10. Bad Karma - I want to like this one, it's okay and the chorus is pretty good, but the 'uh huh' vocals really grate on me.

11. Never Be Me - I really like the vibe of this one!! So dreamyyyy.

12. Golden G String - Has a similar vibe to the previous track but I do like this one. A nice closing track if you don't count the following songs.

13. Edge of Midnight - An iconic mashup. Midnight Sky and Edge of Seventeen work so well together. Love how Miley got Stevie to feature on this too.

14. Heart of Glass - Such a good cover, Miley sounds amazing on it. 

15. Zombie - Miley pretty much made this song her own. I LOVE her version of this.

Overall, the album is okay. Not super amazing but it's a decent listen. It's nice to see Miley do pop rock again as I think it's the genre that suits her best and I love the 80s new wave sound on a lot of tracks. The first half is deffo stronger though, I remember the OP of the leak thread said that? 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block