Which era was much more bigger? Britney or In The Zone?

Blackout2006

In the period of 2001-2003, Britney released her third and fourth studio efforts, Britney (2001) and In The Zone (2003), Two massive eras in Britney's career, extending Britney's peak and longevity, holding countless iconic moments in these both eras, and as always re-defining the pop scene of the early and mid 00s.

Looking back at the popularity of both these albums, it makes me want to ask

Which era was more successful and bigger? Was it Britney, or In The Zone?

Here are the statistics and iconic moments of both of these eras:

The Britney Era:

Biggest single: I'ma Slave 4 U (Billboard Peak- #27; United World Chart Peak- #5, Sales- 3,400,000)

No. of hit singles from Britney- 2 Hit Singles (I'ma Slave 4 U and Overprotected)

Britney First Week Sales- 745,000; Debut- #1 (Worldwide- 1.7 Million Copies sold)

Peak In No. Of Countries- #1 in 6 Countries

Britney First Year of Release Sales- 2001 Sales: 5 Million; 2002 Sales- 8 million sales

Britney Sales in the US:- 5 million copies sold (Rounded Up Sales)

Britney sales in the UK:- 500k copies sold (Rounded up sales)

Britney Total WW Sales- 15.000.000 copies sold

Dream Within A Dream Tour:- 

Total Gross: $56.8 Million Dollars

Tickets Sold: 1,018,000 Tickets sold 

Biggest Crowd: 55k people

Records Broken: Most searched celebrity of 2001 and 2002, Second-best selling female album of 2002 (Behind "Songs In A Minor Key" By Alicia Keys), Forbes Most Powerful Celebrity of 2002, Youngest artist to perform in the Superbowl, 3rd Best-Selling Artist of 2001 and 4th most of 2002, 15th Best-Selling Female Album of the 00s, Most Expensive Pepsi Deal with a celebrity ($10 million dollars)

Signature Moment:

britney-spears-2001-vma-snake.jpg 

Britney Spears performing with a snake in the 2001 Video Music Awards (MTV Awards)

Regarded  as the "Most Iconic VMA Performance of all time"

The In The Zone Era:

Biggest Single: Toxic (Billboard Peak- #9 ; United World Chart Peak- #1 (5 weeks) , Sales- 7,450,000)

No. of hit singles from In The Zone- 3 Hit Singles (Me Against The Music: #1 for 4 weeks, Toxic: #1 for 5 weeks, Everytime: No.1 for 1 week: 3 No.1 United World Chart Hits)

In The Zone First Week Sales- 609,000; Debut- #1 (Worldwide- 1.5 Million Copies sold)

Peak In No. Of Countries- #1 in 6 Countries

In The Zone First Year of Release Sales- 2004 Sales: 6 Million

In The Zone Sales in the US:- 3 million copies sold (Rounded Up Sales)

In The Zone sales in the UK:- 600k copies sold (Rounded up sales)

Britney Total WW Sales- 12.000.000 copies sold

The Onyx Hotel Tour:- 

Total Gross: $35.3 Million Dollars

Tickets Sold: 617k Tickets sold 

Biggest Crowd: 118k people

Records Broken: Most searched celebrity of 2003 (and most searched female artist of 2004) , Fourth-best selling female album of 2004, 6th Best-selling album of 2004, Highest annual earnings of a celebrity in 2003, 6rd Best-Selling Artist of 2003 and 2004, 4 Consecutive No.1 Albums, Most watched performance of all time (2003 VMAs- 340 million viewers), Youngest artist to recieve the Hollywood Star on Walk Of Fame, Highest-selling perfume of 2004 (Curious), Best-selling teenage artist, Most expensive TV Advertising campaign, 15th Best-Selling Female Album of the 00s, Most Expensive Pepsi Deal with a celebrity ($10 million dollars), and 38th best-selling album of the 00s

(Fun Fact: During the ITZ era, BOMT was certified as the best-selling teenage album of all time)

Signature Moment:

Britney_Spears_Toxic.png

The Second Single of ITZ "Toxic" was released on January 13, 2004

Regarded as the greatest song of the 00s

Here you go guys! Through this analysis, I think that even though Britney had much higher sales than ITZ, i think the ITZ era otherwise was a much bigger era than Britney? What do you think? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the Britney era was bigger. She. Was. Everywhere. Slave gave her a new image, which was much needed. The Pepsi deal was massive and the commercials were iconic. We got Crossroads during this era. She performed at the damn Superbowl with Aerosmith. The Slave 4 U VMA performance was perfection. 

By the time we got to ITZ not only was Britney over it but she had been so overexposed that the general public started to look the other way. Don't get me wrong, this era gave us a lot. Toxic is iconic. Onyx Hotel was a totally new and different side of her artistry. But something about it felt forced. 

I dont see that much of difference between both eras. Britney was also everywhere from 2003-2004. The biggest difference imo is by 2003 Britney was very much hated by gp and media. During Britney era and before the break up, I feel like some people didnt have the courage to be completely nasty towards her bc she was still a teen with a clean image. Then the break up happened, she became even more ******, she was overexposed, she was partying, drinking, smoking, hooking up with older or married men, there was the Bush comments, then she started dressing more and more like she didnt give a **** anymore, and people just jumped on the hate train full force. 

But I remember she was also on the cover of every ******* magazine, the VMAs was huge, she did her last Pepsi commercial and other ones, MATM was a hit in Europe, Toxic and Everytime were a hit around the world. Her first 3 videos were big on MTV and there were a lot of fuss over them for different reasons back in the day. Every channel, outlet was talking non stop about her in every single way possible. But obviously the era was very short and Britney was overworked and over fame. 

Archived