I have questions for the people who don't like Beyoncé

Midnight

2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

For me, I just dont buy her as the artist she's promoted as. The brand Beyonce has a tendency to trend hop on political issues, but Beyonce (the person) rarely makes political statements or her actions are questionable. Having feminist projected on screen is a brilliant image, but it was a sound byte from someone else. I do think her statements kinda profit more than they help.

When you have documentary after documentary of Beyonce talking about her music, but the credits have 12 writers, 7 producers and the actual writers on songs say that they were all put into writing camps, it doesnt sit well with me that shes given a lead writer and producer credit. I dont believe singers HAVE TO write everything they sing, but dont pretend either.

Theres no denying her shows are spectacles but a lot of her choreograpgy feels same old same for the past decade, and every show has to be the cultural reset her fans pretend it is (looking at homecoming for example). 

The lipsyncing thing annoys me, not because she does it but she's been caught several times and gets away with it.

Her accomplishments and sales are incredibly overinflated too and are kinda rubbed in peoples faces by her fans, who are some of the most toxic fans too but I cant blame Beyonce for that.

Theres no denying that Beyonce is an icon, and has delivered bop after bop but I feel over the past few years, the brand beyonce has kinda ruined beyonce for me.

You said it pretty well. Her team is def amazing at projecting an image that might not be entirely true. She's kind of like a politician in that sense and it often feels dirty.

And about the choreography... she's not a good dancer to start with. She brings a lot of energy and attitude to the stage and def owns the stage but she can't dance imo.

• Like 1

1. To me, her persona is fake and she doesn't seem like a genuinely nice person

2. She's the Justin Timberlake of girl groups. Uses them to rise to the top then completely abandons them for personal gain, while building a career that almost abandons what helped her rise to the top in the first place.

3. She's white washed when convenient and black when it needs to matter

4. She's not all that original - she's just the closest thing to a diva that the black community and that to me is sad when there are so many better and more honest artists.

5. She claims to write music she's never actually written

6. Her husband has no problem collaborating with rappers who like to use homophobic slurs in their music - yet, he'll go stand with her as she receives an award for her contribution to the LGBT community. Girl bye!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, jjk1993 said:

She's just overrated, overhyped and was just better when she was in destiny's child. I feel she grew too big too fast and it hurt her more than it helped her. 

too big too fast? lol She has been out(group wise) since 97 and solo in 2003....and she hit her peak in commercial success in 2008 lol ....it took Beyonce a WHILE to get at the level she is at now. She has been overhyped and in our face. but honestly, lets face it, our FAV was plastered like that during their early years.  

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

too big too fast? lol She has been out(group wise) since 97 and solo in 2003....and she hit her peak in commercial success in 2008 lol ....it took Beyonce a WHILE to get at the level she is at now. She has been overhyped and in our face. but honestly, lets face it, our FAV was plastered like that during their early years.  

Thank you, someone has final say the truth. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

i hate when people used double standard and i'm fuming when someone say that beyoncè is overrated when at the same time follow Britney who still use the same cd vocals from 1999 :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

and to be honest this thread is disgusting, why you need to bring someone down? this is what media has done to  britney in 2007 :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Thank you, someone has final say the truth. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

i hate when people used double standard and i'm fuming when someone say that beyoncè is overrated when at the same time follow Britney who still use the same cd vocals from 1999 :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

and to be honest this thread is disgusting, why you need to bring someone down? this is what media has done to  britney in 2007 :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

Every artist has their dirt within their career.

Britney has lipped an entire concert throughout her career(including ballads, while sitting down), then goes on record years later and say's "I always sing live" LOLOLOLOL---chile BYE. I mean, of course she's not going to admit to something like that. Just like Beyonce isnt going to admit to stealing songs. Every artist has their dirt. Even lauryn hill, who created masterpiece "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" , took credit for writing all of the songs on that album, when in fact, she did not(she was later sued) However, that being said, even with the dirt those artist  do within their career, that still doesn't take away from their talent. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
13 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

I just wanted to know why people dislike her so much, I've always admired Queen Bs work so it just seemed strange to me why people wouldn't like her, she so talented and such a great performer, she puts on shows like no other. I see a lot of people say she's overrated and that she has too much ego but I fail to see that. To me it's just tongue in cheek, like she's just being sassy because that's part of the character she's playing (Sasha) you know. 

I also don't feel she's overrated at all so I don't understand why people say that, to me she could be even more exposed, she works really hard. At the same time I don't overexpose myself to any of her work or other artists as well.

I do however see the plagiarism part, and that I do agree that is not very great of her but, at the same time everyone else does the same, she's just more obvious about it, i guess. 

I created this thread just wanting some answers, some of the responses have been a little too much.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

Every artist has their dirt within their career.

Britney has lipped an entire concert throughout her career(including ballads, while sitting down), then goes on record years later and say's "I always sing live" LOLOLOLOL---chile BYE. I mean, of course she's not going to admit to something like that. Just like Beyonce isnt going to admit to stealing songs. Every artist has their dirt. Even lauryn hill, who created masterpiece "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" , took credit for writing all of the songs on that album, when in fact, she did not(she was later sued) However, that being said, even with the dirt those artist  do within their career, that still doesn't take away from their talent. 

I couldn't agree more honestly.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 minute ago, Midnight said:

I just wanted to know why people dislike her so much, I've always admired Queen Bs work so it just seemed strange to me why people wouldn't like her, she so talented and such a great performer, she puts on shows like no other. I see a lot of people say she's overrated and that she has too much ego but I fail to see that. To me it's just tongue in cheek, like she's just being sassy because that's part of the character she's playing (Sasha) you know. 

I also don't feel she's overrated at all so I don't understand why people say that, to me she could be even more exposed, she works really hard. At the same time I don't overexpose myself to any of her work or other artists as well.

I do however see the plagiarism part, and that I do agree that is not very great of her but, at the same time everyone else does the same, she's just more obvious about it, i guess. 

I created this thread just wanting some answers, some of the responses have been a little too much.

do you want know the truth? Most of them are just jealous because Beyoncè has surpassed Britney as a performer and they can't accept it

xv7KujTJ6eJT0MCeRZOc7eB8fXJ2GH-8hmIiP7e5

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I also think maybe the jealousy stems from the fact that Beyonce's team is infinitely better than Britney's and knows how to promote. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Britney could have and do all the same things Beyonce has done with her  career, honestly.  I'm sure team cship would love Britney to overexpose herself to the public as Beyonce has done over the years($$$$) but i think they dont put her out there as much due to the many shady things going on behind the scenes. 

4 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

Britney could have and do all the same things Beyonce has done with her  career, honestly.  I'm sure team cship would love Britney to overexpose herself to the public as Beyonce has done over the years($$$$) but i think they dont put her out there as much due to the many shady things going on behind the scenes. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're just lazy because there are ways to promote her without being overexposed. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Like 2

Her music is way too try-hard for me, literally EVERYTHING she does both musically and personally feels calculated to get attention and/or accolades and she just doesn't feel like a down to earth person whatsoever. That all said, she's got plenty of talent and a passion for success and that goes a long way. At the end of the day I don't like her or dislike her, she just is. I can bop to her bops and appreciate her talent, but I don't consider myself a fan.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 10pm24 said:

And then people be like

-whoa, how is she singing and dancing like that??

+cuz she’s beyoncé, duh!!

And I cry inside trying not to have a breakdown in a public place meanwhile almost not one single soul from my generation knows Britney’s challenging choreos that actually require technique :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

yeah :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.