Glory sounds SO MUCH better on a decent sound system.

Dream Within a Dream

2 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I used to have Tidal until last week and I could never tell any difference, sometimes there was a small very minimal difference but not worth their price which is twice as expensive as spotify, to me.

Maybe you didn't get your settings like you should or maybe your headphones or sound system were not enough. Even the cheaper version of TIDAL sounds better than Spotify Premium

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Maybe you didn't get your settings like you should or maybe your headphones or sound system were not enough. Even the cheaper version of TIDAL sounds better than Spotify Premium

I use Apple’s most expensive airpods... so maybe me and many people who didn’t find tidal worth it didn’t ‘get our settings like we should have’.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, CripplerCrossface said:

My suggestion is to rip the CD to iTunes (ALAC lossless format) and play the album over airplay instead of bluetooth because it’s also lossless.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:44 PM, CripplerCrossface said:

That's why I have TIDAL instead of Spotify or Apple Music, Hi-Fi and Hi-Res Audio it's something outta this world. Also I have and Sound bar and headphones compatible with Hi-Res Audio, believe me all combinated it's AMAZING... I can't even imagine if I get a proper DAC what could be the result.

Apple music definitely has the worst quality out of all streaming services out there (except Spotify free). 

I was listening to a CD rip.

honestly you don’t need a DAC if you’re not producing music. Or if your speakers don’t support the frequencies the DAC will provide.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, ShatteredBoy said:

I use Apple’s most expensive airpods... so maybe me and many people who didn’t find tidal worth it didn’t ‘get our settings like we should have’.

You shouldn't use Bluetooth for Hi-Fi or Hi-Res Audio. Apple Airpods are trash in quality, that's why you never hearded a difference :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Everyone who do it right knew it's worthy :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

6 hours ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

Apple music definitely has the worst quality out of all streaming services out there (except Spotify free). 

I was listening to a CD rip.

honestly you don’t need a DAC if you’re not producing music. Or if your speakers don’t support the frequencies the DAC will provide.

Yeah, Apple Music is the worst in quality but Spotify it's very close, I mean they use Ogg Vorbis (it's like MP3)

You should try find the 24 bit Hi-Res version of Glory, sounds amazing!

Well, with TIDAL Masters and a good pair of headphones or speakers it's worthy use a DAC thanks to MQA, the codec that TIDAL use to stream 24 bit audio.

2 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Yeah anything lossless it's worthy but not with Bluetooth, nobody should do that

AptX HD compression for Bluetooth 5.0 is almost there but Apple products don’t support it soooo. 

Airplay is just so much superior (even though it’s not mainstream yet) because the audio just piggyback into the existing wifi connection of the two devices and is completely lossless. 

2 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Yeah, Apple Music is the worst in quality but Spotify it's very close, I mean they use Ogg Vorbis (it's like MP3)

You should try find the 24 bit Hi-Res version of Glory, sounds amazing!

Well, with TIDAL Masters and a good pair of headphones or speakers it's worthy use a DAC thanks to MQA, the codec that TIDAL use to stream 24 bit audio.

Wait the CD rip is not the highest dynamic range a person can find? Sis spill the tea where did you find these stuff?

On 9/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, CripplerCrossface said:

Blackout was remastered back in 2015 when RCA released the 24 bit version with Circus and that is the master on streaming services... The album has the old master proccess that was changed in 2011.

OH I had no idea about this 👀

I knew you could get it in 24 Bit now but no idea it was remastered for that reason...

That is very interesting...

So has anyone done a comparison between the original and remastered?!

6 hours ago, GregReid said:

OH I had no idea about this 👀

I knew you could get it in 24 Bit now but no idea it was remastered for that reason...

That is very interesting...

So has anyone done a comparison between the original and remastered?!

In the original the voice and the instrument sound too close, like they were together... All the masters from 2000 to 2008 sounds like that, they were changes in 2009-2010 but the actual mastering proccess came in 2011 and I hear that the voice and the instrums had their place in the sound

10 hours ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

Wait the CD rip is not the highest dynamic range a person can find? Sis spill the tea where did you find these stuff?

No, the CD rip it's only at 16 bit 44.1 KHz... In TIDAL that's the Hi-Fi version

The Master quality or Hi-Res version is 24 bit and 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 192 KHz or higher (depends the way it was recorded). All Britney's albums since Blackout are in 44.1 (except Mood Ring which is 88.2). A In The Zone DVD Audio rip is in 88.2 too. BOMT, Oops and Britney aren't available in 24 bits.

The dynamic range it's something else, it's about how the loud and space are all the parts involved in a song... The highest dynamic range you could find are in the vinyls.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:02 AM, Urbanney said:

All of Britney's albums sound really good on a high-quality system, as expected. In the Zone sounds REALLY crisp. Both FF and Glory are pretty much all electronic, so of course they will sound better with a better sound system. I think Blackout might be Britney's worst mastered album. For example, Gimme More still sounds like it should be clearer or more balanced sounding than what it is on a high quality system, but maybe that was intended. 

Love Blackout, but the sound quality is awful. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was rush released? Maybe if they released the album on the intended day the sound would’ve been more crisp?

Archived