Glory sounds SO MUCH better on a decent sound system.

Dream Within a Dream

I plugged in my Grandpa's old speakers from 70s, they were top notch for their time so they're 'decent' in today's standard.

And holy molly GLORY SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER. it's like the album is made to be played on a Hi-Fi system. Even Private Show is so much more tolerable now.

I made this thread because I didn't notice THAT much of a change within my music library. I'm really curious if you guys noticed something similar.

Like the production level on Glory is better than any of her other albums imo.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Invitation literally gives me chills on a good sound system

Yes. Try listening to it the next time you’re on a plane when flying high up in the clouds. You actually feel like you’re in heaven. 
It’s my go to song anytime the plane takes off from the runway 

All of Britney's albums sound really good on a high-quality system, as expected. In the Zone sounds REALLY crisp. Both FF and Glory are pretty much all electronic, so of course they will sound better with a better sound system. I think Blackout might be Britney's worst mastered album. For example, Gimme More still sounds like it should be clearer or more balanced sounding than what it is on a high quality system, but maybe that was intended. 

3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

All of Britney's albums sound really good on a high-quality system, as expected. In the Zone sounds REALLY crisp. Both FF and Glory are pretty much all electronic, so of course they will sound better with a better sound system. I think Blackout might be Britney's worst mastered album. For example, Gimme More still sounds like it should be clearer or more balanced sounding than what it is on a high quality system, but maybe that was intended. 

I completely agree with everything you said.

8 hours ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

I plugged in my Grandpa's old speakers from 70s, they were top notch for their time so they're 'decent' in today's standard.

And holy molly GLORY SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER. it's like the album is made to be played on a Hi-Fi system. Even Private Show is so much more tolerable now.

I made this thread because I didn't notice THAT much of a change within my music library. I'm really curious if you guys noticed something similar.

Like the production level on Glory is better than any of her other albums imo.

8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Invitation literally gives me chills on a good sound system

7 hours ago, Sharkney said:

Yes. Try listening to it the next time you’re on a plane when flying high up in the clouds. You actually feel like you’re in heaven. 
It’s my go to song anytime the plane takes off from the runway 

7 hours ago, osherlovesbritney said:

i used to have when i was little those beast stereo speakers for my pc. i lost them.

i recently found them and wow. glory sounds so good, much better then ff and circus :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

What are these ‘high quality systems’ or whatever that you guys are briefly mentioning so I can buy something and have a new EXPERIENCE listening to Godry?

3 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

What are these ‘high quality systems’ or whatever that you guys are briefly mentioning so I can buy something and have a new EXPERIENCE listening to Godry?

"High fidelity (often shortened to hi-fi or hifi) is a term used by listeners, audiophiles and home audio enthusiasts to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound. ... Ideally, high-fidelity equipment has inaudible noise and distortion, and a flat (neutral, uncolored) frequency response within the human hearing range."

So speakers need an amplifier to boost the low power electrical music signal into a higher power state to drive the speakers. ... Portable and lower-powered home speakers always include a built-in amp, ensuring optimal power transfer for the speaker. But more powerful hi-fi speakers often require an external amplifier.

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

2 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

That's why I have TIDAL instead of Spotify or Apple Music, Hi-Fi and Hi-Res Audio it's something outta this world. Also I have and Sound bar and headphones compatible with Hi-Res Audio, believe me all combinated it's AMAZING... I can't even imagine if I get a proper DAC what could be the result.

I used to have Tidal until last week and I could never tell any difference, sometimes there was a small very minimal difference but not worth their price which is twice as expensive as spotify, to me.

6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Blackout was remastered back in 2015 when RCA released the 24 bit version with Circus and that is the master on streaming services... The album has the old master proccess that was changed in 2011.

Archived