Ultimate Swedish pop ACT and Ultimate swedish Album

Spicechinodiva

Favorite Swedish Pop act and ultimate Swedish pop Album  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Outside Max Martin, Swedish pop rarely gets celebrated. It only happened twice that a Swedish act dominated the charts. Worldwide. 

Both happened In the 90s

In 1992 ABBA released gold in 1993 Ace of Base released Happy Nation US Version and in some region's The Sign +was That Album but was Happy Nation none the less.

Ulf Ekberg of Ace of Base said when we came out ABBA wasn't being discussed, it's no coincidence a greatest hits package saw an Abba revival. But I wouldn't consider our music Disco. We we're a darker side of Dance pop

The Happy Nation Album has been regarded as the Ultimate Swedish pop Album, and helped swedish Pop go global. But Most say, It's very difficult we're different than UK, we're like Clubs, Rock and roll, plus the fact it's harder to crack american Music industry without selling out. We're more European in the Sense that British people will cave to have the US Success by changing their identity. We never did and it worked. 

The hybrid of reggae infused dance music made Ace of Base the only swedish act to have the #1 song of 1994 and The #1 Album both The Sign. 

Jenny Said Still shocks me billboard year end #2 Music Box Mariah Carey

#1 The Sign Ace of Base. 

To block the biggest american act in her own home country is rare, Ulf reminded her Alanis Morissette did it in 96 with jagged little pill, Jenny said we'll that's going to happen, A woman angry was more groundbreaking than Dance Music.

So who's the ultimate Swedish act

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived