What you do for a living?

SkyNet

What's your current job? Is that's the field you where planning to be in? Are you happy with your job?

Or, if you still in college. What's profession are you studying for?

Or, if you are in school. Who you gonna be?

I'll start. I'm pharmacy technician. That's wasn't where I would have seen myself. I actually studied art in college, and had no interest in medicine at all. But live happen. And I'm quiet happy with my job, got a lot of knowledge for everyday life too.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Paralegal within the Litigation & Dispute Resolution department at a very well known law firm in the UK.

I have all the qualifications to be a Lawyer, so i'm just applying for those roles in my free time - it's super competitive here! However, I have an interview tomorrow for an international law firm and there's high likelihood of progression to becoming a Lawyer there :makeitrain:

Wish me luck :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe:

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

I'm a Paralegal within the Litigation & Dispute Resolution department at a very well known law firm in the UK.

I have all the qualifications to be a Lawyer, so i'm just applying for those roles in my free time - it's super competitive here! However, I have an interview tomorrow for an international law firm and there's high likelihood of progression to becoming a Lawyer there :makeitrain:

So nice!! Wish you the best! You'll rock that interview!

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Omgg good luck!

18 minutes ago, SkyNet said:

I'll start. I'm pharmacy technician. That's wasn't where I would have seen myself. I actually studied art in college, and had no interest in medicine at all. But live happen. And I'm quiet happy with my job, got a lot of knowledge for everyday life too.

Omg, I’m starting to study pharmacy this year:ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

1 minute ago, LaLisaManoban said:

So nice!! Wish you the best! You'll rock that interview!

thank you!! :hugs: I can't wait to finally qualify! I wish it happened automatically here once you've completed all qualifications like it does in some other countries :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe:

1 minute ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Omgg good luck!

thanks so much :hugs:

6 minutes ago, Slayer said:

:makeitrain: best of luck to you

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

thank you!! :hugs: I can't wait to finally qualify! I wish it happened automatically here once you've completed all qualifications like it does in some other countries :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe:

In my country is not automatically either. You need to have a law degree, but that doesn't qualify you as a lawer. I had to be admitted to the Bar and for that I had classes there, then oral and written exams, I had to do stuff in the Court and prepare over 50s reports (this is the traineeship time, it lasts almost 3 years)!

But you can do what you have to do, just believe in yourself!!

9 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

:makeitrain: best of luck to you

thank you!! :hugs:

5 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

In my country is not automatically either. You need to have a law degree, but that doesn't qualify you as a lawer. I had to be admitted to the Bar and for that I had classes there, then oral and written exams, I had to do stuff in the Court and prepare over 50s reports (this is the traineeship time, it lasts almost 3 years)!

But you can do what you have to do, just believe in yourself!!

Ahh I see, i'm so happy for you that you qualified!! :makeitrain: Thank you, I appreciate your kind words!

I've completed my Law degree, then I went on to complete the Legal Practice Course (which I believe is your equivalent to the Bar) - I had to do oral exams, written exams etc. I've also done my Masters in Law. Then we have to apply for something called a 'training contract' at law firms and they are so hard/competitive to get, after you 'train' for two years you finally qualify as a Lawyer. It's so long winded here :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe: But they are making another route available where a firm can sponsor to qualify you if you work there for a certain amount of time!

15 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Omg, I’m starting to study pharmacy this year:ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

Oh good luck. Hahha. In all honesty, it hard but very interesting. And with the right team it a lot of laughs. 

The one thing I can tell you for sure. Don't be afraid to admit that you don't know something, just know where to find right information. :lollipop:

25 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Good luck. :bigkiss:

3 minutes ago, BONO Productions said:

I'm an independent filmmaker but during these hard times and how money is usually low in independent filmmaking, i have to hustle harder to pay bills so I also work as a freelance photographer and videographer. 

I shoot a lot of things:

photoshoots, weddings, dance covers, product ads, promotional videos, etc. 

I'm really into the art department. :)

Yeah, this times are so hard for a lot of people. I see everyday people who lost they job coz of this fecking covid.

Hopefully everything will be back up and running soon enough.💖

19 minutes ago, Slayer said:

thank you!! :hugs:

Ahh I see, i'm so happy for you that you qualified!! :makeitrain: Thank you, I appreciate your kind words!

I've completed my Law degree, then I went on to complete the Legal Practice Course (which I believe is your equivalent to the Bar) - I had to do oral exams, written exams etc. I've also done my Masters in Law. Then we have to apply for something called a 'training contract' at law firms and they are so hard/competitive to get, after you 'train' for two years you finally qualify as a Lawyer. It's so long winded here :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe: But they are making another route available where a firm can sponsor to qualify you if you work there for a certain amount of time!

Well it is similar then! I also had to apply for law firms! Here you can easily get one but the majority are not paid! It is harder to get one internship where they pay you! It is sad because this is work, you work as hard as any other person there! You are not just there to see others work, you are actually working!

You're welcome! I'll send you positive thoughts!

Archived