Circus is darker in tone than Blackout.

sullivanSP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

:-D LOVE this

Louney Jean (Deluxe Version)

1). Loulien/Alou 2). Work Lou 3). PerLou/Loufume 4). Lou Should Be Easy/It Should Be Lousy 5). Tik Tik Lou/Lou Lou Boom 6). Loudy Ache/Body Louche 7). Til Lou’s Gone 8). Loussenger/Passenlou 9). Chillin With Lou 10). Don’t Lou/Lou’s Cry 11). Darkest Evening SLou 12). Lou’s On Tight/Hold On Lou 13). Now That I Found Lou/Now That Lou Found Me 14). PerLou/LouFume (The Jesus Stalker Edition Remix)

:imacoolmom:

Loucus (Deluxe Version)

1). Loumanizer 2). Loucus 3). Lou From Under 4). Kill The Lous 5). Shattered Lou 6). If U Seek Louney 7). Unusual Lou 8). BLour 9). Loumm Loupi 10). Lounnequin 11). Lou And Louther 12). My Louby 13). Loudar 14). Rock Me Lou 15). Lounography

Bonus Tracks

1). Rock Lou 2). Loumnesia 3). Louble 4). QuickLou

:jl:

31 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Probably a dark undertone and message, but’s definitely like a Mature-version of Blackout, where the person just accepts their problems and gets over it. I still believe it’s her most personal album imo

Blackout and Circus are definitely on the same vibe. They feel like sister albums (or at least step sister albums) to me. 

A fun topic on Exhale back when Circus was released was to take songs from each album (Circus & Blackout) and make one ultimate comeback album.

Blackout is my number one favorite album and Circus is my second favorite album (Circus album does NOT get the credit it deserves!)

Where are my Circus album stans? ❤️ 

I have always felt like Blackout is the album that you party to and Circus is the album for the hangover. Blackout in a sense is dark because its about escaping and not caring about anything but dancing the nights away. Where as Circus is more like the hang over and realizing the after math, so in that sense Circus is quite dark because she’s addressing a lot of issues. 

BlackLou

1). Gimme Lou/Loumme More 2). Piece Of Lou/Lou Of Me 3). Loudar 4). Break The Lou/Loued The Ice 5). Heaven On Lou/Louven On Earth 6). Get Louked (Lou’s Got A Plan) 7.) FreakLou 8). Lou’s Soldier 9). Hot As Lou/Cold As Lou 10). Lou Lou Baby/Ooh Ooh Louby 11). Perfect Louver/Lourfect Lover 12). Why Should Lou Be Sad 13). Get Lou/Lou’s Back 14). Gimme Lou/Loumme More Jesus XL Dub 15). Everyloudy

5 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Blackout and Circus are definitely on the same vibe. They feel like sister albums (or at least step sister albums) to me. 

A fun topic on Exhale back when Circus was released was to take songs from each album (Circus & Blackout) and make one ultimate comeback album.

Blackout is my number one favorite album and Circus is my second favorite album (Circus album does NOT get the credit it deserves!)

I’m a circus album stan :makeitrain:

Blackout is like the older sister, and Circus is like the Younger one :yeahhh: 

1 hour ago, Ti-Tot_F0699 said:

Creepy Songs from each of Britney’s albums (excluding ‘Britney Jean’)

‘Baby One More Time’-Baby One More Time, You Drive Me Crazy and Born To Make You Happy

’Oops I Did It Again’-Lucky, What You See Is What You Get, Don’t Go Knockin’ On My Door and Can’t Make You Love Me

’Britney’-I’m A Slave 4 U, Overprotected, Let Me Be, I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman, Before The Goodbye and Bombastic Love

’In The Zone’-Toxic, Outrageous, Showdown, Breathe On Me, The Hook Up, Touch Of My Hand, Early Mornin’ and Everytime

’Blackout’-Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Get Naked I Got A Plan, Ooh Ooh Baby, Get Back, Heaven On Earth, Why Should I Be Sad, Perfect Lover and Freakshow

’Circus’-Circus, Unusual You, Blur, Mannequin, Kill The Lights and Phonography

’Femme Fatale’-Hold It Against Me, I Wanna Go, Criminal, He About To Lose Me, Big Fat Bass and Inside Out

’Glory’-Invitation, Slumber Party, Liar, Coupure Électrique, Mood Ring and Just Like Me

:wyd:

This thread made me realize I don’t pay as much attention to lyrics as I thought I did:airpls: But I kinda noticed that to be honest, blackout was marketed as the dark album with Britney’s deepest secrets but it’s just a “i don’t wanna deal with my problems so I’ll just party!” kinda album. Circus being the darker one makes sense considering it was made right after the conservatorship and that forced Britney to open her eyes to what was going on in her life.

34 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I have always felt like Blackout is the album that you party to and Circus is the album for the hangover. Blackout in a sense is dark because its about escaping and not caring about anything but dancing the nights away. Where as Circus is more like the hang over and realizing the after math, so in that sense Circus is quite dark because she’s addressing a lot of issues. 

I think Blackout has always been called "darker" because sonically, it sounds darker than anything she's done before or after it (if "sounding darker" makes any sense). But lyrically, Blackout is basically just about *** and partying, with the exception of a few songs like Piece of Me and Why Should I Be Sad.

Circus has "lighter" sounds, happier ones, if you wish, like Womanizer, but that song for example talks about cheating. Circus is pretty upbeat as well, but it's a reflection on her career. Then we have the cheesy ballads, that are actually quite depressing, like Out from Under, Quicksand, Unusual You (mid tempo). It's sort of like how Lucky and Man on the Moon are so poppy and lively, but when you read the lyrics they're very sad actually.

10 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

This thread made me realize I don’t pay as much attention to lyrics as I thought I did:airpls: But I kinda noticed that to be honest, blackout was marketed as the dark album with Britney’s deepest secrets but it’s just a “i don’t wanna deal with my problems so I’ll just party!” kinda album. Circus being the darker one makes sense considering it was made right after the conservatorship and that forced Britney to open her eyes to what was going on in her life.

Femme Fatale was the beginning of 2010s’ Adultney, while Circus was a farewell to 2000s’ Youngney.

59 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Blackout and Circus are in my top 3 too (along with ITZ). :hugs:

1 minute ago, Stefani said:

Blackout was the popular big sister that every boy asked out to the prom and got blowjobs from, while Circus was the edgy emo/goth little sister who hanged out on Gaia.

In The Zone and Glory were the cool kids that everyone wants to hangout with. While Femme Fatale was a kind of Gretchen Wieners and Britney Jean was Karen Smith. 😂

6 hours ago, Ti-Tot_F0699 said:

The ‘Circus’ music video has some sort of creepy elements such as the Circus performers, including the ribbon dancers, contortionists, clowns and a mime on stilts.

P.S.-I am afraid of Clown(s) when I was 4 (2003), and now I am still scared of them (Coulrophobia).

Clowns = Her team get over it exo GIF

Archived