Katy Perry "Smile" stream + comment party

Bop Friday indeed!

I enjoyed it! I was expecting more of a hashed up experience because we already heard a bunch of the songs, but in the end it felt like a cohesive pierce of work. 

I felt like there were more radio friendly single choices of the album and so I’m surprised she went with daisies (even though I enjoy the song)....

ALSO  Katy gurl why did you go with a clown theme? But actually... she could have gone with anything else. Oh well. 

Im excited to really dig into It and really dissect the non singles within the next week 🤔

:kylie:

I dig the album! I think she has a way of being introspective, but keeping it relatable and true to her personality. I really like Resilient, Teary Eyes, Only Love, Tucked, and of course Never Really Over. I do think the clown theme does not match the vibe of the album so not 100% clear why anyone on her team thought that was a smart idea, but whatevs. Even when Queen B did Circus, the album photos were more mature and matched the vibe.

Also, the big albums that have come out this year (lady gaga, brandy, Jojo, Taylor, and now Katy) are all good albums for what they bring to the table, but I don't see any of them as "classics". Music overall I feel is kind of flat right now imo and not terribly exciting. Something is missing but not sure what. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Meh, it's a very Katy Perry album - mediocre, run of the mill pop music that you can bop to in the background. I listened to it twice today, and it's ok. :heresthetea: That's the thing with Katy... If this is the kind of music she wants to make, good for her, but this isn't how you stay relevant. This is too safe and inoffensive. Rihanna, Taylor, Gaga and Madonna became who they are today by constantly reinventing themselves. :typing: So yeah... It's like a 5 or a 6. There's nothing bad about it. It's just kind of boring. :unbothered: "Witness" has some really cringy moments, and it's a bit too long, but it still remains my favorite. It was way more interesting than this. :martini:

7 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Tucked is my favourite track from the album... 

I second this. Never Really Over is the best song on the album overall, but just looking at the newly released material, Tucked is a bop. The rest...tenor.gif?itemid=12057407

If Max Martin or Bonnie McKee are out there reading this... help yo’ girl. 

9 hours ago, ExXL said:

As much as everyone thought she's going to flop ironically I still think this album is better than flopmatica :fruit:

I only listened once but that's what i thought exactly. Anyway that's not saying much, chromatica is (in my opinion) the worst thing i've heard since ...well witness.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block