Katy Perry "Smile" stream + comment party

I don't see why you're all praising this album? Its an incredibly weak album. Its made up of songs that were never intended for an album, and fillers or last minute edits/overproduced uninspired songs.

Cry About It Later is one of the most Katy Perry Vocals in a long time, but its one of the stronger tracks on the album. Teary Eyed is a cheap last minute Rain On Me rip off (which isn't suprising given the fact that Katy started talking about this song when ROM went number 1). Resillient is ploddy, and the rest of the album just shows how narrow minded and out of touch Katy is. Champagne Problems? Tucked? Literally songs about not having real issues and being rich? 

but the crowning jewel that made me roll my eyes is What Makes a Women; an outdated look at women that doesn't describe Katy in the slightest.

• Love 2

This whole era felt like a great mas.turbating experience but without reaching an actual or.gasm  :katyclown:   .  In other words I was so excited for this album until I actually listened to it. I only liked the songs that were released before the album. I tried all day to get into it but Im not listening to it again.

The only songs I like: Never Really Over, Harleys in Hawaii, Small Talk, Daisies, Smile, Never Worn White and What makes a woman.

The rest is a big no for me. 

• Haha 1

I don’t like Cry About It Later. The chorus is very...basic :imacat:

I like Teary Eyes :bop:

Resilient is okay. A bit boring :beyfedup:

Not The End of the World is a bop :groovin:

Champagne Problems is another bop :neydedance:

Tucked is cute :feelingit:

Only Love is beautiful :whiteladydance: It reminds me a bit of Taylor Swift’s Lover and 1989 😊

Overall: It’s an okay album. Kind of basic. 6 /10

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

This whole era felt like a great mas.turbating experience but without reaching an actual or.gasm  :katyclown:   .  In other words I was so excited for this album until I actually listened to it. I only liked the songs that were released before the album. I tried all day to get into it but Im not listening to it again.

The only songs I like: Never Really Over, Harleys in Hawaii, Small Talk, Daisies, Smile, Never Worn White and What makes a woman.

The rest is a big no for me. 

The only songs you like are the six first singles she tried pawning? :tifflmao: That’s how you know an album is bad when they have several attempts at releasing the first single :katyclown:

• Haha 4

Going to update this as I listen: 

• I still hate Never Really Over, so had to skip that one minute in.
  • Cry About It Later instantly made me turn up the volume and got me interested. 
  • Teary Eyes: got interested, lost interest, then got interested again, then felt ehh, then started to enjoy it. This does feel like a Rain on Me rip-off though. Even the production is Chromatica-esque.
  • Daisies: I like it quite a bit, even though I often forget about it.
  • Resilient: Idky, but I hate self-empowerment songs. If I want to feel empowered, I’ll listen to a song that makes me feel like a bad *****, not a cheesy song about a flower growing through cracks. It fits Katy though. I didn’t dislike this enough to skip it, just didn’t care for the lyrics.
  • Not the End of the World: Dark Horse teas and I’m living for it. It’s weird though, bc the DH parts are the verses, and that’s the best part IMO. The chorus is somehow both too dramatic and too much of a letdown. Cheesy lyrics again. 
  • Smile: Another annoying song like Never Really Over with annoying self-empowerment lyrics. Skip.
  • Champagne Problems: Another song where the verses slap and the chorus disappoints, just like Not the End of the World. Might get better with more listens.
  • Tucked: started off strong as a summer bop, got tired of it the longer I listened to it 
  • Harleys in Hawaii: has been good since day 1. Still is.
  • Only Love: boring and forgettable 
  • What Makes a Woman: was pretty at the beginning, but then that annoying self-empowerment hopeful pop production came in. Kinda ended abruptly.

Overall, I don’t really care for it. The lyrics are too cheesy and focused on self-empowerment for me, and the musical side of all of it is just too forgettable or disliked for me. There might be a few songs I go back to. 

Also, what happened to Never Worn White? I thought it was the lead single :orangu:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

‘Cry About it Later’, nice track, like, really nice... ‘Teary Eyes’ placed right after it, not the best move, but the song is pretty good. My favorite ones in the album :duadance:

‘Resilient’ is cute, but that’s it. 
‘Not the End of the World’, Dark Horse wannabe, sonically. 
‘Champagne Problems’ didn’t do it for me. 
‘Tucked’ is vibey, I like it. 
‘Only Love’, cute, I skipped it. 

Well, I expected much worse, and now that we have it in full, her single choices are making me shake my head.

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
17 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

‘Cry About it Later’, nice track, like, really nice... ‘Teary Eyes’ placed right after it, not the best move, but the song is pretty good. My favorite ones in the album :duadance:

‘Resilient’ is cute, but that’s it. 
‘Not the End of the World’, Dark Horse wannabe, sonically. 
‘Champagne Problems’ didn’t do it for me. 
‘Tucked’ is vibey, I like it. 
‘Only Love’, cute, I skipped it. 

Well, I expected much worse, and now that we have it in full, her single choices are making me shake my head.

I never got the Champagne Problems love either. It's the most forgettable / boring song on the album for me.

• Love 1

I love Katy but this album is awful. She’s not the artist to release a quarantine album even with all the promo she’s done. She needs a BIG song and a big award show or something to premiere it. Harleys in Hawaii is still a bop and shoulda been a hit but like this song is so old now. The album is 30 minutes of boring mixed with 2 good songs that are a year old. 

poor girl. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block