Is anyone else bored of current pop music ?

I'm kinda tired of the whispery/chill/80s synth-pop/""disco revival"" gimmicks 

i'm like... where is the catchy pop music that makes you wanna dance like the good old days? everyone is either making chill monotone slowtempo songs while whispering or being a fake-edgelord, i'm tired of popstars trying to make fake edgy artsy music , nobody is asking you to be edgy, just be a popstar and entertain us ffs, i'm tired of this current era where everyone is trying to be woke and stuff. Like for example , Beyoncé used to be entertaining, now it's just a snoozefest. And the popstars who are actually making good stuff are flopping which is very unfortunate. 

Dua Lipa is kinda boring too, in my opinion,  Her songs sound like ikea tv commercials. Like it's the type of songs that you hear in furniture commercials.  

I hate 2010-2020s pop culture tbh 

2A2EA4DF-65A7-400A-BC3E-3D3DB2202645.jpeg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney
  • Love 6
  • Like 3

The music is okay here and there. I really enjoy Folklore, some songs from After Hours, Dua’s recent singles, Norman F Rockwell and Juice WRLD latest release; Pop Smoke and Ellie Goulding have some bops, too. BUT nothing is standing out! They, as musical acts, are boooooooooring as hell! The current landscape of music is just fücking boring. They sück as performers/entertainers; no stage presence, nothing. 

Have you seen the playlists on Spotify? I literally don’t know half of those people; I just canceled my subscription because I’m not paying to listen to some tiktokers. Lame. Also, can we cancel Dj Khaled once and for all? It’s ear disease. Who tf is this guy and why his yelling is a thing? Lame as hell. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I want to say that I had big expectations from Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, but it’s all a snooze fest. I wished for a pop Beyoncé and all we’ve got was... all over the place - she must realize that rap is not her thing. Aguilera is just the same *** flop - at this point her career is dead and buried. Finally, Britney. What can we expect from Britney? She’s clearly going to retire ‘cause she had enough. 

I’m not blaming them though, they did their thing and they have nothing else to prove.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

for me 2020 has been a good year for pop music tbh, we got a new Gaga album, Future Nostalgia is amazing (best album of the year so far for me), Folklore is nice too, Katy is about to release an album, and there have also been great #1 hits (Blinding Lights, Say So, Watermelon Sugar, etc)

• Love 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, GMFlop said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJmzzKSc9KiKa61JbaaK5

45 minutes ago, bliss said:

for me 2020 has been a good year for pop music tbh, we got a new Gaga album, Future Nostalgia is amazing (best album of the year so far for me), Folklore is nice too, Katy is about to release an album, and there have also been great #1 hits (Blinding Lights, Say So, Watermelon Sugar, etc)

18 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I've been enjoying a lot of music this year so for me it's a no, you could always try listening to other genres of music, that's what I do when I get bored with pop music.

Thank you!

• Love 1

I found the chill, more genuine, artistic, etc. pop music refreshing after so much manufactured hyper-aggressive EDM pop, but I do agree there’s not enough of a balance. I want more high-quality fun, lighthearted, danceable pop music to go along with the chill stuff. Modern versions of California Gurls and TiK ToK. 2015-2018 had a lot of good upbeat pop music too, which I would like but modernized. Songs like Attention by Charlie Puth, Justin Bieber’s singles from Purpose and with DJs, Side to Side, etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

No, I think this year pop music is gaining strength and slightly deviating from the whispery, muffled sounds that were so prevalent in the last few years. I am not saying those trends were necessarily bad, but they get old sooner and do not translate quite well in a live setting. 
Dua Lipa reinvented herself, The Weeknd gave us the perfect mix of pop and dark sounds in his album, Gaga went back to dance pop, and Miley’s voice melts like butter with that new sound. 
I have learned to stop complaining about pop music, and take refuge, so to speak, in the ever amazing indie music scene. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block