Is anyone else bored of current pop music ?

I hated that 'chill' vibe everyone was doing for awhile. I'm glad people are moving away from it...

My least fave year was definitely 2015. I actually tried to listen to a 'best of 2015' playlist recently cause thats the year I got married and I wanted to revisit that year (lol) and I almost barfed. but anyway....

The new music released this year has given me life. Dua Lipa, Taylor....the black eyed peas album was amazing and I usually hate will I am, naturally 

I will admit I was disappointed with some of the albums  - The Weeknd, Teyana Taylor, Lady Gaga's....but they still had bops on them to save it for me. 

I feel like rap is SOOOO disappointing....future, lil baby, dababy, pop smoke, etc etc etc.....I think I'm just getting older but yeah......rap aint what it used to be. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

How dare you insult SnoreBore like that :howdareyou: No, but I get what you mean. Music is at a different time. Pop Artists aren't doing the normal bubblegum pop music right now :fakecry: and hip hop, rap and trap artists are the trend, but I feel that its coming to an end :cardi: I think people are wanting deeper lyrics and feel good music but the EDM trend is dead. I have noticed that more and more country singers are topping the iTunes chart :oprah: 

I do think Dua Lipa, The Weekend, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift delivered good albums this year. It feels more like a 'Singles' & less 'Album' year though with songs like Savage, Say So, TROLLZ going #1 and at one point there was a different BB100 #1 every week for six weeks. So far 17 artists have gotten a #1 single this year  :tiffeyeroll: so that pretty much tells me people don't know what to listen to and music is going thru a phase :brityes:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Yes. Plain and simple. I feel blessed I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's. We got to see diversity, and real work ethic from artists to put on good live shows. Album releases were like huge events. So boring now. I don't even remember names, faces or lyrics from today's current pop scene. We need a revival of sorts.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think that now more than any other time music is so easily accessible that if you're tired then you can search outside of the most publicized releases for something you like.  I do get where the OP is coming from though, I felt the same way about Tropical House/Pop a few years ago, and I've kinda spent more time listening to older songs as of late. 

• Like 1

NOPE.

Finally disco came back to the scene, I was so sick of same-beat-trappy tracks left and right. Chromatica and Say So alone literally saved this year for me.

Also I've been bopping to a lot of Kylie songs.  Your disco needs you so stop being a bish and bop to it :kylie:

• Love 3

Hm, if by pop you mean POPULAR music, I’d agree. I hate most of what’s popular in the charts right now. A few good pop songs have been able to break through and do decent, Don’t Start Now, Rain On Me, Blinding Lights. I feel like there have been a handful of really good pop albums this year too. Chromatica, Future Nostalgia, Rare, Folklore (I guess it’s considered “alternative” but it’s great either way), and Gaslighter (country pop).  For me, that’s pretty good considering the past couple years have been pretty lacking in memorable albums. Plus Miley’s new song is great and I hope she’ll put out a good album with it. The *****cat Dolls put out a couple of good boos, though they flopped. Ava Max has been putting out bops. Also, Melanie C has been putting out great songs. Sam Smith has been putting out great stuff. The only music I’ve been kinda disappointed with was Keshas High Road, and ironically, she kinda went back to her old sound with this album. It’s still ok, I just wasn’t super into. But Raising Hell was a bop. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I am so bored of this topic. Every freaking month this stupid topic talking about the same pops up and when s it’s about to die, it gets main-paged :wyd: There are Gen-z people like me, @MrPieceOfMeand @Towelney that are fed up of hearing the same thing over here. If you can’t take your “Oh Ma gOd cUrRenT pOp LaNdScApE iS BoRiNg” nostalgia sunglasses off your face, then don’t get us cluttered with it :ririshade1:  Please allow us to enjoy the pop music we are getting right now, without having to have the same boring topic slammed into our face. :tiffeyeroll: Yes, we acknowledge that 2016-2018 pop music was ****, but if you go just proceed to listen to your 90s-early 00s albums that filled your childhood, you won’t have time to listen to many of the albums that have been released this year, because most of the projects released this year and have been stellar and a major improvement from the late 10s.  I get it’s your opinion, but we are literally bored of the same opinion being shoved into the featured topics every month. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, merci12 said:

Honestly this whole Disco and 80s revival era is more exciting than the previous one where pop artist tried to do 'country influenced music':jl:

9 hours ago, bas che said:

I beg you to remove your nostalgia goggles.

14 hours ago, Stefani said:

Seems like most of y'all are just bored because Britney hasn't released an album since 2016. Maybe try branching out and listening to other artists and genres?  

Thank you!

On 8/15/2020 at 10:17 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

I'm kinda tired of the whispery/chill/80s synth-pop/""disco revival"" gimmicks 

i'm like... where is the catchy pop music that makes you wanna dance like the good old days? everyone is either making chill monotone slowtempo songs while whispering or being a fake-edgelord, i'm tired of popstars trying to make fake edgy artsy music , nobody is asking you to be edgy, just be a popstar and entertain us ffs, i'm tired of this current era where everyone is trying to be woke and stuff. Like for example , Beyoncé used to be entertaining, now it's just a snoozefest. And the popstars who are actually making good stuff are flopping which is very unfortunate. 

Dua Lipa is kinda boring too, in my opinion,  Her songs sound like ikea tv commercials. Like it's the type of songs that you hear in furniture commercials.  

I hate 2010-2020s pop culture tbh 

2A2EA4DF-65A7-400A-BC3E-3D3DB2202645.jpeg

+1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:17 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

I'm kinda tired of the whispery/chill/80s synth-pop/""disco revival"" gimmicks 

i'm like... where is the catchy pop music that makes you wanna dance like the good old days? everyone is either making chill monotone slowtempo songs while whispering or being a fake-edgelord, i'm tired of popstars trying to make fake edgy artsy music , nobody is asking you to be edgy, just be a popstar and entertain us ffs, i'm tired of this current era where everyone is trying to be woke and stuff. Like for example , Beyoncé used to be entertaining, now it's just a snoozefest. And the popstars who are actually making good stuff are flopping which is very unfortunate. 

Dua Lipa is kinda boring too, in my opinion,  Her songs sound like ikea tv commercials. Like it's the type of songs that you hear in furniture commercials.  

I hate 2010-2020s pop culture tbh 

2A2EA4DF-65A7-400A-BC3E-3D3DB2202645.jpeg

Yes, yes and yes. I agree :brityes:

CorruptHighAndalusianhorse-small.gif

13 hours ago, merci12 said:

Honestly this whole Disco and 80s revival era is more exciting than the previous one where pop artist tried to do 'country influenced music':jl:

That was such a cringe era of music, I still don't get why even Kylie went country :cackling:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

It has been a weird year for everyone that's for sure - including mainstream pop stars :mhm: While most of them are releasing bops, we must all realize that they are barely earning from these songs, and they are investing a lot. So no wonder everyone is just doing their own thing you know? Taylor releasing folklore because she can and because she knows the current pandemic won't allow her to cash in big on it. Same goes for Lady Gaga :mhm: Dua Lipa was a bit screwed over because I firmly believe had this year been better, she would have become HUGE. 

Most importantly, I think that disco trend from the 80s was probably the best era in pop music,, and this is something multiple generations agree upon (generation x, millennials, gen z etc.) which testifies to the brilliance of this direction. I think you just need to look a bit deeper. Pop was definitely a snooze fest up until 2019 when the new sound started coming in. I couldn't be happier. 

New Miley's song is an insane bop, give it a try :riri: 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I am so bored of this topic. Every freaking month this stupid topic talking about the same pops up and when s it’s about to die, it gets main-paged :wyd: There are Gen-z people like me, @MrPieceOfMeand @Towelney that are fed up of hearing the same thing over here. If you can’t take your “Oh Ma gOd cUrRenT pOp LaNdScApE iS BoRiNg” nostalgia sunglasses off your face, then don’t get us cluttered with it :ririshade1:  Please allow us to enjoy the pop music we are getting right now, without having to have the same boring topic slammed into our face. :tiffeyeroll: Yes, we acknowledge that 2016-2018 pop music was ****, but if you go just proceed to listen to your 90s-early 00s albums that filled your childhood, you won’t have time to listen to many of the albums that have been released this year, because most of the projects released this year and have been stellar and a major improvement from the late 10s.  I get it’s your opinion, but we are literally bored of the same opinion being shoved into the featured topics every month. 

I am getting tired of everyone and their grandma doing disco tho :orangu: 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block