The top five greatest hits album by solo acts, and the top two girl group complications

Spicechinodiva

The top five greatest hits by solo acts, Before playlists, artists and labels would package a best of their biggest artists. 

Sometimes the greatest Hits have clever titles. Like the best selling compilation by a solo act, Female in the US

The immaculate collection by Madonna. Or in some cases like TLC Now and forever. 

One greatest hits act I will be excluding from this list is the original 1998 Mariah Carey #1's album. 

She opened the album with a letter saying this was out of her hands, and this isn't a greatest hits, it's too soon. Just a thank you to the fans, when the greatest Hits comes I'll include songs that didn't go #1 that are better than some that did 

Underneath the stars, Breakdown, the roof.

Mariah thanked the fans, but also shaded the concept behind the album.

My opinion for the best Britney Spears greatest Hits collection 

The 58 track (29 CDs in the rare and hard to get cool box set which housed a b side or a cool Remix) that celebrated her first decade in the music industry.

While the 2004 set Greatest hits: My prerogative was praised, many felt it was way too soon for Britney to actually have a Hits collection, saying it speaks of her short brief imperial phase. 

But 2009's Box set was praised and achieved universal acclaim, the only Britney album to achieve this. 

Saying as a singles act, it doesn't get better than Britney Spears. This set goes hand to hand with the just released Madonna's celebration, and is a great reminder, that just like Madonna and Michael Jackson was the top pop stars of their era. Britney Spears proves this box set start as a teen pop 🌟 brilliantly across 29 CD singles goes from pop star to established club act. It's perhaps an indicator when Britney goes out of favor for radio stations and album sales,  the princess of pop will join the ranks of Madonna and Kylie Minogue as relevant in the dance floor forever, who needs a billboard hot 100 #1 hit when you have 15 #1 dance hits. 

For the males there is only two men I Stan both I was raised on in my household

Prince the Hits. This release was right before the final Official album to bear his name under the moniker Prince 1958-1993, but this release he allowed to happen, but refused to promote given the battle he was taking on the music industry. 

While Taylor Swift got praised. Prince did it to, was ridiculed and made fun of. 

This is the only commercial he authorized for his first greatest hits set. 

Kylie Minogue step back in time deluxe 3 CD set

Originally a 2 CD set, many fans felt jipped on kiss me once exclusion. 

Kylie obliged and released the expanded reissue of her Gold certified #1 Album.

10 more hits, plus a 40 minute megamix. 

TLC now and forever:The Hits represents the best American girl group compilation

Like T Boz said, we're the only girl group to have funk, soul, rap. It wasn't done before, and never happened since them.

https://youtu.be/NOOhqDpL5-k

Michael Jackson History, past present and Future book 1..

Is perhaps the ultimate best of in make pop stars, 15 of his biggest Hits on one disc, the other is a complete studio album. 

Featuring Scream the only time Michael and Janet collaborated, plus it house's the very first single to debut at #1 on the Billboard hot 100 (which happened slot in the fall of 1995, but until the streaming era, it was way difficult to achieve that feat, it's easier now. Not so much back then)

It's also to date his most controversial and personal album to date.

Reason why it's controversial Michael was accused of anti seminite lyrics in they don't care about us, by the Jewish community. For the following lyrics.

"Skinhead, dead head, everybody gone bad .

Jew me, sue me, kick me, kik'e me

Don't you black or white me."

Let's just say Sony Music was extremely pissed that they had to pay an additional 2,000,000 for Michael to reedit the song without the offending lyrics. Hint the special effects. It's only the original print that contains the unedited version.

Celebration is the ultimate greatest Hits set by Madonna.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GH: My prerogative is more iconic than Singles collection

Singles collection is more better than GH: My prerogative

She already releasing a Greatest Hits complitation in her peak when she was just 24 and just released 4 albums,  just proves the immense star power Britney held back then, because her team knew that if they were to release a GH package, people would run to the stores to get their copy. And their predictions were correct! 644k ww sales first week, 1 million sales in Japan, US and UK, sold 3 million copies within a year, and went top 5 in 17 countries.

Archived