Facebook is slowly entering the streaming music world

Billboard announced that Friday was the beginning of Facebook launching music videos channels dedicated to all official acts with a blue mark, many speculate the way the labels didn't hesitate to sign deals with Facebook, the way they were with Spotify, is a sign. That if Facebook decides one day to open it's own audio streaming service. 

Given how globally Facebook has close to a billion daily active user's, It could very much Kill Spotify as anybody with a Facebook account is already granted Access to the streaming service.

Music industry is starting to think I'd Mark Zuckerberg really wants to rule the whole social media world. 

An audio streaming service would be the nail on the coffin, might not for apple music. But it would kill tidal and Spotify fast. 

https://www.facebook.com/spicegirls.officialmusic/videos/744795296255641/?d=null&vh=e

Here's Spice girls holler from their official Facebook music video channel. 

@Jordan Miller

I really do see Mark doing this. It would be that last obstacle for him to conquer. 

• Haha 2

I don’t know about America or the other countries, but here in Romania, Facebook has become so irrelevant among the teenagers and young adults. However, I’m pretty sure Spotify won’t just ‘disappear’ like that just because Facebook decides to launch its own music streaming service. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

I don’t know about America or the other countries, but here in Romania, Facebook has become so irrelevant among the teenagers and young adults. However, I’m pretty sure Spotify won’t just ‘disappear’ like that just because Facebook decides to launch its own music streaming service. 

The only people who use it here are our parents lol. I highly doubt it’ll get rid of Spotify :lolnoworries:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Style. said:

Where i live, only our parents and the elderly use that boring app :deserves: The teenagers are more up with Instagram and snap chat, and i wouldt be suprised once this year ends, if facebook starts declining :yaknow:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Style. said:

Same happens in my country Chile, where Instagram is the most popular social media along with Tik Tok (whose users are from 15-35 years old) and Facebook became pretty irrelevant.

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, y'all don't need to remind me how OLD I am :rihstare:

I do spend all day on Facebook. I do see most people, like, actual people, rarely share anything anymore, but I mostly follow pages and such. If this is true (I can't even see that supposed Spice Girls video) and if it ultimately ends up counting for the charts, probably, it would balance out things a little bit, in the sense that if indeed only us, older people use Facebook, it would counter young people's streaming preferences, and maybe older acts would finally have a chance to shine on the charts too.

• 1 year later...

You think I'd give up on spotify to return to that bloated app that is supposed to do everything at once?

Most people I know have quit the "social media" side of Facebook and use it only for specific groups (e.g. renting apartments, carpooling, marketplace). If I have no need, you will find me on facebook once per month on average. 

Now sure, my dad is still spamming the **** out of that network, but he will definitely not be using it to be streaming music. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.