Is anyone a Girls Aloud fan?

Iconic 4 U

17 minutes ago, Isla said:

Ooh that's interesting. Was she really trying to 'break' America though? I don't think she ever really had concrete plans to release music over there, I know she had X Factor USA but that didn't go to plan... 

That is kinda bad things ended for them that way. I hope they can make amends or something one day. Cheryl was able to forgive Simon Cowell after what happened with X Factor USA anyway. 

Theres this from Marie Claire

The Boom Boom Pow hitmaker has hinted collaborations with Katy Perry, Usher andeven Rihanna could be in the pipeline for Cheryl, who he says WILL be back, and ‘bigger’ than ever.

‘The X Factor is not the only way for Cheryl to break the US, it’s not like it’s the only show on TV,’ he told Heat magazine.

‘And remember that Cheryl is a recording artist first. Over the next few months she’s potentially going to be working with artists like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Usher and, of course, the Peas.’

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity-news/cheryl-cole-will-still-crack-america-says-manager-will-i-am-209251

Also she commented on wanting Girls Aloud to break america - so its safe to imagine she wanted to alone: Digital Spy

Speaking to OK, Cole explained: "I think any artist would like to break America. If you break there, you can break anywhere.

"It's a big, big deal and a lot different to us. I'd like the success of breaking in America, but we're not the Spice Girls - we're not musically like them, we don't look like them."

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a169240/cheryl-cole-i-want-to-break-america/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

YAS! :imhere: I knew you'd deliver on this @Iconic 4 U 

I never used to dig them and then we saw them at a festival in 2006 and I realised their music banged

Special shout outs to:

- Sound of the Underground

- No Good Advice

- Life Got Cold

- The Show

- The entirety of Tangled Up

I feel another playlist coming along :lizzie:

Haha :haha: thanks :riri:

That's so cool you saw them live! :gloriascary:

Yess I love your choices and I love the shoutout to the entirety of the Tangled Up album, it really is great :tiffanynod:

GA Stan over here!

On my cleaning days, I’ll blast Tangled Up from start to finish and mop away!

They are queens. I discovered them on the internet back in 2007 and downloaded all their music through limewire. I always wished they were famous in the US. Thank god Apple Music finally added all their music.

I’d love to go to a reunion show if they ever have one!

26 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

GA Stan over here!

On my cleaning days, I’ll blast Tangled Up from start to finish and mop away!

They are queens. I discovered them on the internet back in 2007 and downloaded all their music through limewire. I always wished they were famous in the US. Thank god Apple Music finally added all their music.

I’d love to go to a reunion show if they ever have one!

Haha yeah I can imagine Tangled Up is a great album to clean to!:goat:

Oh no not limewire :gimmemoar:

Yes a reunion would be great, I just need to hear I Can't Speak French and The Promise one last time lol :kidcries:

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, blonderoman27 said:

Tangled Up was amazing! But one of my favorites from their more recent(ya know:surething:) is The Promise and The Loving Kind. 

Can't Speak French was the first song I heard from them and what got me hooked. The mv :cooltshirt:

Then the Ten collection, Something New was good but On The Metro was that certified bop!!

The Promise is so good :yesplease:

Yess Can't Speak French is my fave :wigsnatched:

I haven't heard On the Metro but Something New is definitely a bop too :lollipop:

Archived