1989 vs Reputation vs Lover

This is definitely (currently) her trinity.

1989 - the definition of pop
reputation - a storyboard from darkness to light
Lover - whimsical & light, a true story of love & justice

It's a toss up between 1989 and Lover for me, only because "Out Of The Woods" is a genius song (thank you Jack Antonoff), but Lover is filled with such great lyrics, almost up to par with the lyrics from her album RED.

I only recently started listening to Taylor. Lover is her first album I listened to and the one that got me into her, so that would be my favourite.  'Cruel Summer',  'Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince', 'Cornelia Street', 'Death By A Thousand Cuts' are such gems that I'm willing to pretend 'ME!' doesn't exist.

SWIFTER IN THE AREA:

1989 >>> reputation >>>>>>>>> Lover

I mean 1989 its a masterpiece, the lyrics, the audacity, every song makes so much sense 10/10
Reputation: I began to loved it after seen the concert (on netflix, unfortunelly).

Lover: I even bought the tickets but I was not that excited, hoping her to release another album untill reschedulling of new datesET9EFXyWoAAhaW8.jpg

• Love 1

I don't think I can say one is better than the other. They all have their highs and lows. I LOVE 1989 from start to finish. Even the bonus tracks were incredible. rep had some fire tracks. Though her feature with Future and Ed seem a little lack luster. I wanted to like it, but it doesn't quite do what I wanted it to. I do love the little easter eggs she put into that track though with Ed. rep was her most symbolic album and I would argue her most personal album. It really gave you a peak into what it is like to be in her world with all the criticism and how it affected her so deeply. Lover is nice and I understand she is in such a good place right now. I love that for her. However, I don't think it has brought about her best songwriting. Her feature with the Dixie Chicks is boring. It's a cute song, but its boring. There are tracks that I consistently skip from Lover. However, I'm sure that I'll like them eventually. I didn't like Red when it first came out, but it grew on me and we all know "All Too Well" is her Mona Lisa. 

My ranking:

reputation - I love the aesthetic of "bad Taylor"

1989 - pop perfection

Lover - but truthfully, I hope we move on from this era QUICKLY

Ugh they’re all so good.

Reputation is Taylor’s Blackout so that is #1 for me. 1989 is pop perfection so an insanely close second. Lover is third, but I also love that one. A little less cohesive than the others but great! Afterglow is perfection. :) 

ps I’m a TSwift stan

• Love 1
7 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Her debut was AMAZING. But JUSTICE FOR FEARLESS.

Also, I hope she does something special at the end of the month when Lover Fest was supposed to be.

Fearless is a flawless album too. I’ve loved all her albums. 1989 is my least favorite. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block