I think Xtina is Underappreciated for being an LGBTQ ally

Releasing a self-love anthem with two men kissing on the music video in 2002 is like i dont know..  A BIG DEAL. :outwithit:

It was such a powerful and bold move to support the LGBTQ community during an era where they're considered as sick, dirty, sinful, and secondhand citizens. I'm upset that she's not recognized at the GLAAD Awards fro her efforts. :crying3:653234728_images-2020-06-24T194434_673.jpeg.e9b957b79de11f66e107a6d36b97fe5c.jpeg

she deserves it more than Britney imo :quirkney:

Britney didn't do specific songs about the issue but she kissed Madonna after all :wonka:

who cares about these kind of awards anyway :jj: at the end of the day, the biggest icons of cinema didn't even have an Oscar (Charlie Chaplin & Marilyn Monroe) :selenerz:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Britney didn't do specific songs about the issue but she kissed Madonna after all :wonka:

who cares about these kind of awards anyway :jj: at the end of the day, the biggest icons of cinema didn't even have an Oscar (Charlie Chaplin & Marilyn Monroe) :selenerz:

What about Mariah? I dont know why she's awarded at the GLAAD awards please enlighten me

5 minutes ago, BONO Productions said:

What about Mariah? I dont know why she's awarded at the GLAAD awards please enlighten me

I'm not really about LGTB issues in general when it comes to artists :jl:

nonetheless, Aguilera is very recognised as a gay icon, more than Britney actually, she's one of the main ones that you think of with Beautiful (she earned a GLAAD award for that MV), after all it's a gay anthem, and such a MV being widely displayed on radios by one of the most mainstream pop artists is quite something :jj: so don't worry about it if it's your issue, when you say 'gay icons' people would think more of Lady Gaga & Aguilera than Spears and Carey :jj:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_icon

• Like 1

Yes And No.  Xtina Is A Underrated Gay Icon, But She Never Really Made It A Point After “Beautiful” To Support The LGBTQ+ Community.   “Beautiful” Was The Only Time She Genuinely Made A Connection With The Community.  After That, Sure There Have Been Moments Here And There She Did Show Love And Support For The Community, But Not Like Other Artists.  Cher, Madonna, Mariah, Even Britney, Have Things To Help Show Love And Support For The Community.  That Is Why They’re Known As The Gay Icons And Not Christina. 

1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

marilyn monroe GIF

31 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Xtina fans think she’s underrated at everything...we, the GP, just don’t like her attitude. Her reputation precedes her and always has.

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

my generation don't know much about her attitude, just her music & looks :wonka:

could you develop? is she worse than Beyoncé when it comes to being complacent? :jj: or meaner? 

and I'm so not an Aguilera fan :flop:

1 hour ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Yes And No.  Xtina Is A Underrated Gay Icon, But She Never Really Made It A Point After “Beautiful” To Support The LGBTQ+ Community.   “Beautiful” Was The Only Time She Genuinely Made A Connection With The Community.  After That, Sure There Have Been Moments Here And There She Did Show Love And Support For The Community, But Not Like Other Artists.  Cher, Madonna, Mariah, Even Britney, Have Things To Help Show Love And Support For The Community.  That Is Why They’re Known As The Gay Icons And Not Christina. 

honestly, Aguilera is more perceived as a gay icon (she earned that status earlier and is still considered as such) than Mariah & Britney, and she did many things after 'beautiful' (including several songs after it) so... I don't really get your post...

Just now, conceptuel said:

honestly, Aguilera is more perceived as a gay icon (she earned that status earlier and is still considered as such) than Mariah & Britney, and she did many things after 'beautiful' (including several songs after it) so... I don't really get your post...

She Really Isn’t, Mariah Earned The Gay Icon Status With “Rainbow”.  Britney Earned It Just By Being Britney, She Has Done So Many Things To Support The Community.  She Written Letters, Organised A M&G For LGBTQ+  Fans And Much More.  Christina Just Tried To Re-Create Beautiful Multiple Times Over And It Just Didn’t Work.  I Haven’t Seen Anyone Leave A Mark On The Gay Community Like Britney, Cher, Madonna, Mariah Have. 

20 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

my generation don't know much about her attitude, just her music & looks :wonka:

could you develop? is she worse than Beyoncé when it comes to being complacent? :jj: or meaner? 

and I'm so not an Aguilera fan :flop:

Christina has always had a nasty attitude. Jessica Simpson even wrote about it in her book. She was always jealous of Britney, so she developed a diva attitude like Mariah (but unlikable). Her and Pink got into a physical altercation over Lady Marmalade because Christina wanted to be the only “singer singer” on the song and felt like pink was going to overshadow her. She was nasty to lady Gaga when bionic came out and when asked about Gaga, she would say “who? The newcomer?” Yeah, she’s just straight up nasty and that’s why she’s become the flop of pop. Also, she got arrested for public intoxication in 2010 and said the infamous words, “Do you know who I am?!”

Christina, darling, who is the flop of pop?

pick me christina aguilera GIF

12 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

She Really Isn’t, Mariah Earned The Gay Icon Status With “Rainbow”.  Britney Earned It Just By Being Britney, She Has Done So Many Things To Support The Community.  She Written Letters, Organised A M&G For LGBTQ+  Fans And Much More.  Christina Just Tried To Re-Create Beautiful Multiple Times Over And It Just Didn’t Work.  I Haven’t Seen Anyone Leave A Mark On The Gay Community Like Britney, Cher, Madonna, Mariah Have. 

you might be right about some points, but my point of view (which isn't necessarily the most accurate one of course) is that Aguilera had a bigger impact about the gay issue on the straight gp (I'm a part of it), if somebody asks me about a gay song I'd say 'Born this way' or 'beautiful', you see what I mean? and for Aguilera, she's done a lot of things for that community outside songs, such as writing letters or lending her face to organisations, etc. 

well, at the end of the day, all of them had done something significant for that community :jj:

btw do you have an issue with your keyboard? :jackk:

6 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Christina has always had a nasty attitude. Jessica Simpson even wrote about it in her book. She was always jealous of Britney, so she developed a diva attitude like Mariah (but unlikable). Her and Pink got into a physical altercation over Lady Marmalade because Christina wanted to be the only “singer singer” on the song and felt like pink was going to overshadow her. She was nasty to lady Gaga when bionic came out and when asked about Gaga, she would say “who? The newcomer?” Yeah, she’s just straight up nasty and that’s why she’s become the flop of pop. Also, she got arrested for public intoxication in 2010 and said the infamous words, “Do you know who I am?!”

oh, I see. just another self-entered celebrity :ehum: that's why I'm having a hard time with many, many, many artists, including Katy Perry & Beyoncé :gloss:

you had the looks, the talent, the performing skills, and the money, why would you care about these futilities :ehum: just display your talent and if you think that you're great, it wouldn't be necessary to tear down other people :clownery:

I grew up with Britney, Christina, Beyonce and P!nk. All of them do have a gay fanbase and all four get recognized, praised etc by the lgbtq community. Christina did take a risk with her Beautiful MV and I remember how big of a fuss it caused. Two men kissing :OMGney: I do think she gets a lot of recognition from the community but she isn’t one to gloat about it. I honestly believe shes still around because her fanbase IS lgbtq. I honestly don’t know of too many hetro’s that listen to her. I mean a lot of her music is sassy n suited for drag :mattafact:

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

36 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

there are lots of people who have said nice things about christina's personality but people always ignore those, like how they always ignore the negative things that have been said about britney (not that there are many).christina was a little *****y back in the day and britney fans love bringing up negative past stories but if someone said something bad about britney (about her always partying when she had babies at home-one was just a few months old- etc etc I'm giving only one example but consider any negative thing she has done) they are always like "but it was in the past, she is not like that anymore, she was going through a hard time, she was in depression" etc, why can't they just say the same things about christina? (she said she was in depression in like 2001-2002.) after stripped era she has matured a lot and there are times I think she was misunderstood.do you like it when people judge britney only based on her past behaviours?I don't think so.why are you doing the same thing to christina and ignore how she is now?(she hasn't been rude or anything for many many years now and I don't even think she was as rude or as bad as some britney fans make her out to be)

ALSO 

that "do you know who I am?" thing is a lie.

"She was not belligerent in any way," a spokesman for the LA County sheriff's office told the New York Post. When police stopped the car around 2:45 am, Aguilera was a "public safety issue", Steve Whitmore explained. "When she got out of the car, she couldn't stand ... She didn't know where she was and she didn't know her own address." Given her condition, the arrest was routine: "She was not capable of taking care of herself." According to the booking sheet obtained by TMZ, Aguilera was listed at 5'2" and 100lbs (45kg).

Aguilera was “not capable of taking care of herself. She was incapacitated. She was cooperative. She was not belligerent in any way whatsoever. She was just intoxicated,” Whitmore said.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/mar/02/christina-aguilera-arrested-public-intoxication

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-christinaaguilera/christina-aguilera-arrested-for-drunkenness-idUSTRE72059D20110301

it was really ****ty that they were driving drunk tho, not gonna lie that really pissed me off, they put others at risk.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

there are lots of people who have said nice things about christina's personality but people always ignore those, like how they always ignore the negative things that have been said about britney (not that there are many).christina was a little *****y back in the day and britney fans love bringing up negative past stories but if someone said something bad about britney (about her always partying when she had babies at home-one was just a few months old- etc etc I'm giving only one example but consider any negative thing she has done) they are always like "but it was in the past, she is not like that anymore, she was going through a hard time, she was in depression" etc, why can't they just say the same things about christina? (she said she was in depression in like 2001-2002.) after stripped era she has matured a lot and there are times I think she was misunderstood.do you like it when people judge britney only based on her past behaviours?I don't think so.why are you doing the same thing to christina and ignore how she is now?(she hasn't been rude or anything for many many years now and I don't even think she was as rude or as bad as some britney fans make her out to be)

ALSO 

that "do you know who I am?" thing is a lie.

"She was not belligerent in any way," a spokesman for the LA County sheriff's office told the New York Post. When police stopped the car around 2:45 am, Aguilera was a "public safety issue", Steve Whitmore explained. "When she got out of the car, she couldn't stand ... She didn't know where she was and she didn't know her own address." Given her condition, the arrest was routine: "She was not capable of taking care of herself." According to the booking sheet obtained by TMZ, Aguilera was listed at 5'2" and 100lbs (45kg).

Aguilera was “not capable of taking care of herself. She was incapacitated. She was cooperative. She was not belligerent in any way whatsoever. She was just intoxicated,” Whitmore said.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/mar/02/christina-aguilera-arrested-public-intoxication

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-christinaaguilera/christina-aguilera-arrested-for-drunkenness-idUSTRE72059D20110301

it was really ****ty that they were driving drunk tho, not gonna lie that really pissed me off, they put others at risk.

Britney has never had a nasty personality. Having a breakdown is different from having a bad attitude. Try again with that defense. Christina Aguilera’s nasty attitude led to her becoming the flop of pop

:flop::sendinglove:

19 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Britney has never had a nasty personality. Having a breakdown is different from having a bad attitude. Try again with that defense. Christina Aguilera’s nasty attitude led to her becoming the flop of pop

you don't get the point.I'm not comparing or confusing breakdown with bad attitude (although christina said she was in a dark place until she met jordan and her behaviour noticeably improved after she started to feel better about herself).the point is, they both have changed in a good way but most people, especially britney fans, love ignoring christina's maturation and talk only about her past behaviours.with britney, past is ignored, which is the right thing to do imo.the problem is that you don't choose to do that with christina because you don't like her.I mean, you aren't objective and you are making christina look bad when she hasn't been like that for the last decade.and you came up with some fake rumors.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Madonna's personality is way worse than Aguilera though :gloss:

MJ hated her attitude & said that she was jealous, contemptuous and a... '*****' :mj:

Cher called her a '*****' with an unnecessary mean attitude  :chershade:

how do feel about her? :umok:

honestly, i think it has something to do with being likeable. gay people would always look up to artists (pop icons to be specific) that they can easily identify with, someone they can emulate. Christina has always had that diva-ish attitude; don't get me wrong, us gays love dem divas because they inspire us to be fierce and to "slay," make a good clapback to the haters, etc. but too much diva will turn people off. i get the point that she is more involved in addressing LBTQ issues through her music and videos more than Britney ever did. but even Beyoncé doesn't make too much music or videos about LBTQ yet she's hugely popular among the gay community (in fact her music revolves more on feminist and black people anthems). so i guess similarly like Britney, they are more appreciated in the gay community more than Christina because despite having some diva attitude in them, they're nice towards other people and artists and rarely gets involved in shady drama and disses that Christina is mostly involved with

5 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Madonna's personality is way worse than Aguilera though :gloss:

MJ hated her attitude & said that she was jealous, contemptuous and a... '*****' :mj:

Cher called her a '*****' with an unnecessary mean attitude  :chershade:

how do feel about her? :umok:

I don’t stan Madonna, but she paved the way for the pop stars we stan. But Madonna has also helped disadvantaged  communities and constantly brings awareness to social issues more than some other artists do. Christiana has 3 successful albums and then became the flop of pop. Christina is not the same as Madonna. 

:jl:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block