In honor of Pride Month, Nickelodeon confirms the obvious: SpongeBob is a member of the LGBTQ community

Just now, 2K16NEY said:

You’re the only equating being gay to being ******. What I said in my comment was a joke. I knew I was gay in elementary school so it’s nice kids now have a character to relate to, even if he is a sponge.

I agree on that , but still don't understand why they need to " make him come out "with his sexuality if we already know .... I think it's stupid to label every little thing , and it's okay to have gay ( happy) characters or feminine boy characters just don't think they should declare what their ****** orientation is and explain it ..... It's not relevant to children 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, ExXL said:

I agree on that , but still don't understand why they need to " make him come out "with his sexuality if we already know .... I think it's stupid to label every little thing , and it's okay to have gay ( happy) characters or feminine boy characters just don't think they should declare what their ****** orientation is and explain it ..... It's not relevant to children 

YOU may think it is stupid to label everything but there’s a lot of people out there who know what they like and are comfortable with that. I am gay and I know I only like men. There are LGBT  children out there who are figuring themselves out and it’s nice to have characters on their tv show they can relate to. Most shows I watched growing up focused on straight kids having crushes on their straight counterparts and nobody says anything about that? But if it’s a gay on gay character, it becomes ****** and inappropriate? You can be okay with one and not the other.

17 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

YOU may think it is stupid to label everything but there’s a lot of people out there whom know what they like and are comfortable with that. I am gay and I know I only like men. There are LGBT  children out there who are figuring themselves out and it’s nice to have characters on their tv show they can relate to. Most shows I watched growing up focused on straight kids having crushes on their straight counterparts and nobody says anything about that? But if it’s a gay on gay character, it becomes ****** and inappropriate? You can be okay with one and not the other.

Children shouldn't think about *** or about whom they are attracted to , they should be innocent and play with boys AND girls and never care about genders , simply enjoy their childhoods, it's us adults who ruin them and make them think things they should never think . 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Children shouldn't think about *** or about whom they are attracted to , they should be innocent and play with boys AND girls and never care about genders , simply enjoy their childhoods, it's us adults who ruin them and make them think things they should never think . 

You can have a crush as a child without it being ******......... anyway, nowadays it’s not so much adults that ruin it for them but more how easily accessible everything is on the internet. I disagree with kids getting iphones and playing on ipads because they can be exposed to many dangerous things on the internet.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I was 5 and my mom knew I was gay before I was.

It's obvious when parents have to talk to the homophobic one and basically say. One of our kids is Gay. So you better accept that right now. Cos if you don't. 

We will be talking about lawyers and splitting up the kids. Cos I be damned my son would have to live with a homophobic father.  This is just your wake up call. He's 5 now. You have until he's about 12 to actually accept the fact.

That was 1989. 

She also told him. Your other son is a future convict in the making. Me growing up with my dad in the LAPD.  

And if we were to divorce. You are livkng with the convict. Cos that's the best punishment for denying your gay son. 

It all came true. 

My brother is in prison for life.

And I'm the gay son. He couldn't accept 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

^ Sending you love and light, Spicey. 💛🧡💜 Exhale is your second family and we accept you. :hugs:

You guys truly are. 

I still find it shocking how You guys love pop music as much as I do. 

I do prefer it from Europe cos it's more campy and glamorous than American pop which feels the unneed to inject R&B and hip hop and tons of ***. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Screaming!!!

Waiting for the Men/ com parody starring Johnny rapid as Bikini bottom with Cody *******s as Daddy Squirdward came a lot. 

it's about the fifth time that I'm deceived here by your references :jl:

note for myself: never google something on google pics :pieceofwhat:

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

You guys truly are. I still find it shocking how You guys love pop music as much as I do. I do prefer it from Europe cos it's more campy and glamorous than American pop which feels the unneed to inject R&B and hip hop and tons of ***. 

Same. I slightly prefer europop. But I live and breathe (heavy) pop music. :comingthru:

14 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Where did they announce he's gay?  The producers before said he's Asexual and now they're just saying he's an ally.  He's not attracted to anyone.   :gerlwat:

On Twitter 

Korra is bisexual as it was always implied on that show.

Plus they also confirmed one of their live tv shows actor chara is a trans man. who the actor is trans in real life. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.