Watch Beyonce's 10-minute Class of 2020 speech

3 hours ago, crazyboutbrit said:

Honestly, this sounds too much cliche for me ... All is true but we all do know this

At some point it sounded like Octavia talking to her people on a "the 100" episode ... sorry but i needed to say it!

And as said earlier, she is a pure product of that same system, i don't know ,i get more touched by quotes written by britney on a selfi with messy hair and strange duck face than this massively produced video .... maybe because the first looks more natural

how you can point your finger to beyoncé when everything in britney's life is controlled and approved by her team? we aren't anymore in 2001 honey

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

how you can point your finger to beyoncé when everything in britney's life is controlled and approved by her team? we aren't anymore in 2001 honey

giphy.gif

I never said Britney was not or isn't controlled ... who knows?

I'm just saying that lately i'm feeling Britney more than what Beyonce is saying in today's video ... No hate, simple opinion 

6 minutes ago, crazyboutbrit said:

I never said Britney was not or isn't controlled ... who knows?

I'm just saying that lately i'm feeling Britney more than what Beyonce is saying in today's video ... No hate, simple opinion 

don't play that card, britney is under conservatorship and she can't even drive a car o vote, and you complain about beyoncè indipendence?

5XG.gif 

*Beyonce gives a 10 minutes speech*

Me : I'm slayed :tiffsniffle:

And on a serious note , 2020 is such a bummer things are so serious and dark now ..... I'm missing the fun of the 2000's so much :crying4: but it's also super important to solve problems like racism and police brutality so I totally get it and hope things will finally change, because enough is enough ! ..... 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

everyone in the industry has a team but only few genius can achieve a certain status, stop act like she is a total puppet :lessons:

Stop being so naïve, nobody in the industry makes it on their own.

I know you Beyonce fans like to think the world revolves around her, but do you realise how many people it'd take to maintain a pristine image like her's?

Having a whole team take down unflattering images, ensuring stories about your private life do not get out, hiring a whole floor of a hospital to give birth. You think it's just Bey spinning all them wheels on her own?

We can respect the status she has achieved without worshipping the ground she walks on like she's a God. She's just a human being.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Stop being so naïve, nobody in the industry makes it on their own.

I know you Beyonce fans like to think the world revolves around her, but do you realise how many people it'd take to maintain a pristine image like her's?

Having a whole team take down unflattering images, ensuring stories about your private life do not get out, hiring a whole floor of a hospital to give birth. You think it's just Bey spinning all them wheels on her own?

We can respect the status she has achieved without worshipping the ground she walks on like she's a God. She's just a human being.

i know that everyone in the industry has a team but not everyone has this kind of results . Beyonce make the difference honey :deserves: f3cb1a15f5d8cd301f6b0dacfabe4bad.gif

• Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 1:54 AM, crazyboutbrit said:

Kinda yeah

Yes and no.

Beyoncé has an incredible knowledge of music, and has a great ear. Her musicality is very very advanced. You can't just miraculously think about the harmonies or vocal melodies that she comes up with; you need to have great skills and a great knowledge of music theory to achieve these results.

On the other hand, I do not believe she is that involved in writing the lyrics to her music. Every artist has its strenght, and I think Beyoncé has an incredible ear, which allows her to produce vocals in an almost godly way. Pretty sure she hears her voice on any tracks, with different tones and can produce these vocals without hesitation, and that takes a lot of training, and an incredible talent.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

Yes and no.

Beyoncé has an incredible knowledge of music, and has a great ear. Her musicality is very very advanced. You can't just miraculously think about the harmonies or vocal melodies that she comes up with; you need to have great skills and a great knowledge of music theory to achieve these results.

On the other hand, I do not believe she is that involved in writing the lyrics to her music. Every artist has its strenght, and I think Beyoncé has an incredible ear, which allows her to produce vocals in an almost godly way. Pretty sure she hears her voice on any tracks, with different tones and can produce these vocals without hesitation, and that takes a lot of training, and an incredible talent.

you are absolutely right, she experiment a lot also during her live performances especially with 1+1

14 hours ago, amiro1989 said:

Yes and no.

I think i got misunderstood .... I believe Beyonce is incredible talented in every single way ... if not the greatest one of our generation vocally and artistically.

What i'm saying is that Even with all that talent, she has been manufactured and marketed at some point to appeal to public which makes her the product of her producers or the people behind her. I mean Beyonce sells a lot arround a **** image and if this is part of being unique and talented, the same reasoning should apply to other artists that used *** "artistically"

I'm musician myself, i think my own melodies and i totally understand your point (I'm not saying that i have great skills or a great knowledge, not even close) ...  

12 hours ago, crazyboutbrit said:

I think i got misunderstood .... I believe Beyonce is incredible talented in every single way ... if not the greatest one of our generation vocally and artistically.

What i'm saying is that Even with all that talent, she has been manufactured and marketed at some point to appeal to public which makes her the product of her producers or the people behind her. I mean Beyonce sells a lot arround a **** image and if this is part of being unique and talented, the same reasoning should apply to other artists that used *** "artistically"

I'm musician myself, i think my own melodies and i totally understand your point (I'm not saying that i have great skills or a great knowledge, not even close) ...  

Fair enough.

However, if an artist plays its cards right, it gives the illusion that we know them, when in fact, they present themselves in the way they want to be perceived. Basically, Beyoncé as an artist, makes an excellent job at directing the discussion to how she wants to be seen. Thus, while she might, in a way, be a byproduct of the productions she releases, she is still shifting the conversation the way she would like to approach the topics she is exploring. She is really good, or she has built a very good team to edit. A great artist knows how to edit.

I get your point about making music. I make music as well, and I don't think it's a question of coming up with melodies, it's a question of bottling the feeling she wants to convey. She does it extremely well. It's translated through her music, which is obviously for the masses, her performances, her vocal deliveries and her aesthetics.

I admire Beyoncé for her ability to find a perfect middle ground between commercial and artistic, but I do not envy her business woman approach - creating a brand beyond music. In fact, I sort of hate when artists start selling other items that have nothing to do with their music, especially when they claim that they are philanthropist. I personally don't have any experiences in the American music industry, so I don't know if these commercial artists are jumping to other business venues to make up for losses in the music industry. She may very well be doing this as a self-preservating tactic.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, amiro1989 said:

Fair enough.

However, if an artist plays its cards right, it gives the illusion that we know them, when in fact, they present themselves in the way they want to be perceived. Basically, Beyoncé as an artist, makes an excellent job at directing the discussion to how she wants to be seen. Thus, while she might, in a way, be a byproduct of the productions she releases, she is still shifting the conversation the way she would like to approach the topics she is exploring. She is really good, or she has built a very good team to edit. A great artist knows how to edit.

I get your point about making music. I make music as well, and I don't think it's a question of coming up with melodies, it's a question of bottling the feeling she wants to convey. She does it extremely well. It's translated through her music, which is obviously for the masses, her performances, her vocal deliveries and her aesthetics.

I admire Beyoncé for her ability to find a perfect middle ground between commercial and artistic, but I do not envy her business woman approach - creating a brand beyond music. In fact, I sort of hate when artists start selling other items that have nothing to do with their music, especially when they claim that they are philanthropist. I personally don't have any experiences in the American music industry, so I don't know if these commercial artists are jumping to other business venues to make up for losses in the music industry. She may very well be doing this as a self-preservating tactic.

I think we agree on this .... 

But regarding the second point, i'm kinda Yes and No. Let me clarify, going onto other businesses might be purely opportunistic and selling under an Artist Brand Name which is commercially acceptable but artistically debatable. BUT sometimes it's just because we have an interest in that specific business : For example, I do sing and this is my life, but at the same time i love travelling, reading , workout... so if i was a big name and start selling workout outfits, travelling staffs or write a book does this make me artistically unethical? I don't feel like

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block