Artists That Went Through A Sophomore Slump / Underrated Follow-Up Albums From One-Hit Wonders

5 hours ago, EvanMoon said:

Why would you mention her in public, if by reading your comments, you don't care for her at all, but your taking the time to talk about her. If you seriously believe she's racist, you're delusional. People try and drag her on twitter, but its not working. Shes still winning. Her achievements in the last 3 years sums it all up by it self. Never Be The Same was an organic hit. Took quite a few weeks to grow and become the hit we knew, payola, I think not. My Oh My was perhaps could fall in that category, and then it also blew up. You can continue spreading hate about her, you just sound uneducated and childish. And at the end of the day, Camila keeps on winning, countless awards and and probably more hits. Start spreading positivity, thats what the world needs right now. 

Also, this uneducated members must open their eyes and expand their horizons outside of twitter and itunes. Camilla is literally the most successful female artist on Spotify. If she’s flopping, then I’m praying for Britney. No need to compare, but Britney Army should wake tf up because the age of iTunes is long dead and buried. 
Yes, ‘Romance’ wasn’t as successful as people wanted to be, but ‘My Oh My’ and ‘Senorita’ saved it somehow. The main problem the album has been facing was the collaboration with Shawn, ‘Senorita’. This song was too huge and it overshadowed every single from her album. 

She’s definitely here to stay whether y’all like it or not. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Style. said:

Also, this uneducated members must open their eyes and expand their horizons outside of twitter and itunes. Camilla is literally the most successful female artist on Spotify. If she’s flopping, then I’m praying for Britney. No need to compare, but Britney Army should wake tf up because the age of iTunes is long dead and buried. 
Yes, ‘Romance’ wasn’t as successful as people wanted to be, but ‘My Oh My’ and ‘Senorita’ saved it somehow. The main problem the album has been facing was the collaboration with Shawn, ‘Senorita’. This song was too huge and it overshadowed every single from her album. 

She’s definitely here to stay whether y’all like it or not. 

Well said! Couldn't have said it better myself. I jist really hope her roll out for CC3 is better than this one. Holding thumbs. 

• Love 1

I'll probably be dragged for this, but Lana. I was a huge Lana stan when Born To Die was released, but then she released Ultraviolence and I just wasn't feeling it at all. There's only 2 songs on that album that I like, where as I liked all of BTD. Her albums after Ultraviolence have been garbage and I didn't bother listening to them more than once out of curiousity. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, EvanMoon said:

Well said! Couldn't have said it better myself. I jist really hope her roll out for CC3 is better than this one. Holding thumbs. 

I’m curious how the things will work out for her, especially after she’s been dragged for her racial comments. That was pretty reckless, to be honest. But she’s definitely a better artist than Normani at least as far as we’ve seen. Everyone and their mother expects the unexpected from Normani. Personally I liked some things here and there, but until now all I’ve seen from Mani was every celebrity kissing her ***. 

17 hours ago, LELE said:

She should have made another album in English and strengthen her career in America and U.K. and make the album in Spanish  a few years later.

I agree. I feel like The Spirit Indestructible came a few years too late and people were over her by that point. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I'll probably be dragged for this, but Lana. I was a huge Lana stan when Born To Die was released, but then she released Ultraviolence and I just wasn't feeling it at all. There's only 2 songs on that album that I like, where as I liked all of BTD. Her albums after Ultraviolence have been garbage and I didn't bother listening to them more than once out of curiousity. 

I'm not a Lana fan, but from what I've heard, Ultraviolence got mixed reviews/didn't sell as well as Born To Die but since then she has continued to receive critical acclaim with her follow up releases. Her most recent album in particular. 

14 hours ago, EvanMoon said:

Yes I became a fan. I support talented writers and singers. 1. Not sure what you meant here tbh? Boring it is not, shes still in the top 10 of streamed females 8 months later after the album was released, so guess her fans don't find it boring. 2. Yes it is real. If record labels could buy certifications ahead, don't you think it would mean some of our other fave artists would be able to also thrn get this, and if RIAA was a scam, what would the point be to even exist. They have strict rules they follow. You can find them anywhere online and on their website if you would like to read it.

:tina::icant2:

Certifications are awarded based on sales estimates ... in order for a record to be certified, the artist's label must be purchased from the association which in this case would be RIAA. So are the rules and have always been so. :janet:
As for the transmission, Camila remains very well in the top 10, but NOT FOR ROMANCE, but for all the important collaborations she has. :janet:

• Love 1
16 hours ago, EvanMoon said:

Why would you mention her in public, if by reading your comments, you don't care for her at all, but your taking the time to talk about her. If you seriously believe she's racist, you're delusional. People try and drag her on twitter, but its not working. Shes still winning. Her achievements in the last 3 years sums it all up by it self. Never Be The Same was an organic hit. Took quite a few weeks to grow and become the hit we knew, payola, I think not. My Oh My was perhaps could fall in that category, and then it also blew up. You can continue spreading hate about her, you just sound uneducated and childish. And at the end of the day, Camila keeps on winning, countless awards and and probably more hits. Start spreading positivity, thats what the world needs right now. 

You’re telling me Camila isn’t racist when she had a tumblr devoted specifically to sharing and posting racist photos, memes, and messages? You’re ridiculous. Bless your heart 

I think the third album jinx is worse.

Both Paula Abdul and The Spice girls had huge second studio albums With Spellbound and Spiceworld.

Though Spiceworld did look disastrous in the US. As the album was issued 9 months After Spice was issued in Feburary of 97 in the US. Plus the singles flopped on the radio. What saved the album ironically was the movie Spice World. That was the best promotion tool. 

But both flopped on their third album

95's Head over Heels and 00's Forever ( was successful in other markets including Canada where it went double platinum.  But in the US it did flop.)

14 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

You’re telling me Camila isn’t racist when she had a tumblr devoted specifically to sharing and posting racist photos, memes, and messages? You’re ridiculous. Bless your heart 

Have you actually ready what she wrote when she was a child? If people had to keep a grudge on you for something you said when you were a child( thats if you are not one now, not sure what age you are tbh) how would your life have turned out? Geez cos then I'm also screwed. I've said some hurtful things when I was younger, not in the same context, but I was young and stupid and didnt know the importance of how it might effect someone else. Just a thought. Bless your heart. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block