Digital Sales Are Not Enough In 2020 (MR Related)

andreafly1

Hey everyone, it's been a while (*BTI starts playing*) since my last post here and if some of you guys don't rememeber about me that's ok, sometimes neither do i. :mcorangu:

That beign said, it's amazing to see a 4 years old song currently selling as much as Gaga's latest singles but the thing is...without decent numbers of streams Mood Ring has 0 chance to even debut into the Hot 100. :jlostare:

RCA should take advantage of the situation and put the song onto big playlists such as Spotify etc. but well...we're talking about RCA. :mcorangu:

Anyway we should ask Romeo tomorrow to play the song, the show is broadcasted in more than 100 american stations so...why not? :tiffanynod:

Let's discuss! :qtbrit:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't be just purchasing the song on iTunes, people should be streaming as well. I personally am not a fan of streaming cause I like to listen to my digital copies (offline) instead. 💛🧡💜

BUT if this will be an actual Britney Army event thingy that we're gonna organize and unite over and stuff, like, i'm totally down. :barbie:

I don't think any of us are expecting the song to be #1 on BB100 but its still exciting watching it rise to almost #1 on iTunes. Especially since its a 4 year old song thats been on Youtube since forever and has had only one measly Instagram story and post as promo from Britney's team. Its outselling songs that are brand new and have had more promo than MR.

RCA sucks ***, they should have dropped the track alongside the new Glory cover and a lyric video. Then drop a hot repurposed video of the original Make Me MV to become MR's official mv. Imagine Britney in the cage during the chorus. 

2 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

I don't think any of us are expecting the song to be #1 on BB100 but its still exciting watching it rise to almost #1 on iTunes. Especially since its a 4 year old song thats been on Youtube since forever and has had only one measly Instagram story and post as promo from Britney's team. Its outselling songs that are brand new and have had more promo that MR.

RCA sucks ***, they should have dropped the track alongside the new Glory cover and a lyric video. Then drop a hot repurposed video of the original Make Me MV to become MR official mv. Imagine Britney in the cage during the chorus. 

agree.. just use private show and make me original footage for an official MV

9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It shouldn't be just purchasing the song on iTunes, people should be streaming as well. I personally am not a fan of streaming cause I like to listen to my digital copies (offline) instead. 💛🧡💜

BUT if this will be an actual Britney Army event thingy that we're gonna organize and unite over and stuff, like, i'm totally down. :barbie:

Not a good enough excuse. I like my digital copies as well, but this is a streaming only week :clicktina:

3 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well I disagree about the zero chance of making the Hot 100, if her sales are good enough it will at least chart somewhere. Streams are very important yes, but actual sales count more when they calculate chart positions on both the Hot 100 and Hot 200. I forget exactly how many streams count as an actual sale. 

1250 for Spotify premium and like 3500 for free streams 

23 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Yes, I am totally down for a Britney Army event. Somebody who is cool and people take to, please organize :livinggg:

Archived