Britney Spears "Mood Ring" stream + comment party

2 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

I'm afraid that this release could potentially sabotage the chance of the first single off of B10 getting No.1,  almost 4 years without new music lead to the success of MR, now the momentum is back down to 2016. 

Not at all. Stans were the ones buying the song. The gp doesn't know about it. The reason why it was #1 on itunes is because sales are in the pits.

• Love 1

I’ve found a lot of my friends (who like Britney but aren’t stans) talking about MR and how she’s been doing good on the charts again (I think because a lot of IG Memes etc). Honestly it’s just a great song! And she/we did it with no promo. Let’s be honest though I think quarantine has halted proper sales and this isn’t representative of what would happen in “normal times” (ie. Mariah Carey topping the charts... Glory charting...)

7 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

I'm afraid that this release could potentially sabotage the chance of the first single off of B10 getting No.1,  almost 4 years without new music lead to the success of MR, now the momentum is back down to 2016. 

I doubt Britney will ever have another #1 single again. Album is possible imo 

She would really have to get her name out there and have the younger audience support. 

She doesn’t need #1 singles at this point 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I doubt Britney will ever have another #1 single again. Album is possible imo 

She would really have to get her name out there and have the younger audience support. 

She doesn’t need #1 singles at this point 

If streams are good, it's not hard to be #1 on BB100 nowadays.. Because pure sales are incredibly low. :tiffanynod:

• Love 2
11 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

Girl what are you talking about??? B10’s lead single will include assets and promotion to ensure it does better than Mood Ring. If anything, MR reaching #1 on iTunes with only fan support should be a clear indication that if a lead single is dropped accompanied by proper promotion, a lyric video, performances and a MV it will hit #1 on BB.

Obviously the fans are thirsty and willing to support Britney’s music since it was able to stay almost two days on iTunes #1, over Gaga who just released a full body of work and singles with Ariana and a MV. If the label and her team does what they are suppose to, release a good song that Britney is passionate about supporting with proper promo B10’s lead single will be a smash.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Slayoutney said:

If streams are good, it's not hard to be #1 on BB100 nowadays.. Because pure sales are incredibly low. :tiffanynod:

Yeah but I don’t see our fan base streams ever being that strong to beat other artists tbh

Which is why I said we would need the younger generation. 

If it was that easy MM would have been #1. 

• Love 1