Spice Girls radio interview from 1996. Is one of the best ever

An interview in 1996 with DJ Robin Ross. 

The Spice girls basically let it be known. Yes their movement was for the girls. But the music is equally invited to men. The music had a strong 90s message. 

Geri even said. 

"That the industry especially the men think the women with big breasts, or a bimbo type look. Are easy or not intelligent. In songs like love thing. It basically states. I look like this. But don't take it the wrong way brother."

To where their lyrics are actually deeper than most people think. 

Mel B said they never wanna stick to one type of genre. You have 5 girls with 5 different type of musical influences. We want to include all of our musical influences in our music. 

They also state. If you make music to please the public, The fans ,etc. Not really for yourself as an artist. You really lose your own identity as a human being. Not just as an artist. 

I find it funny. He tells Mel B and Geri to shut up. But as you hear they hijack the interview. You can definitely see the domination of both Geri and Mel B as the leader of the Spice girls. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived