Britney Spears: Oops I Did It Again World Tour

Who can forget her infamous Rock in Rio interlude? I remember this exploded all over the media when it happened. I hadn't seen the concert so I had no idea what happened until a year later when I paid for a bootleg VHS tape (or DVD I can't remember) containing the Crazy Tour Chicago show, OIDIA Tour Rock in Rio, and the DWAD 2.0 Vegas show. 

old lady deal with it GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

This video is missing Sometimes which I guess she didn't mind not airing :( 

Actually, this concert was originally aired on Fox and it was missing FTBOMBH, BTMYH, Sometimes, The Beat Goes On, and Satisfaction. Those songs leaked years later except Sometimes!

OIDIA Tour was such a great pop show! My favorite performances were What U See (Is What U Get), DGKOMD, and BOMT!

I went live =) I had incredible seats and even caught a glow stick that her keyboardist signed and threw out into the crowd. That night was so exciting! Don Philip, Innosense, and BBMak opened for her. And then of course the show itself was awesome. It was my 2nd out of 6 Britney concerts.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Not too bad then, I guess if I lived in America I wouldn’t have been so determined to attend the POM tour. When she came to London in 2018 she hadn’t performed here in 7 years (Apple Music festival doesn’t count since AM randomly selected ticket winners) so I knew it was my chance to see her, I spent so much money on my ticket:crying1:

But it was worth it:crying1:

How did you like the POM Tour live? I couldn't go for stupid reasons lol.

46 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

Actually, this concert was originally aired on Fox and it was missing FTBOMBH, BTMYH, Sometimes, The Beat Goes On, and Satisfaction. Those songs leaked years later except Sometimes!

Yup I know :) , like I said it below. The other performances didn't leak, I believe the same special was aired in MuchMusic which included all the other performances minus Sometimes. Just like the Hawaii concert when it aired on FOX, I Will Be There wasn't aired but it was aired in other channels.

13 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

Not this specific one, this one was aired on MuchMusic and Fox; the one from Fox had less songs (I think they removed FTBOMBH, BTMYH, Sometimes, The Beat Goes On, Satisfaction).

The London and Rock in Rio one are complete

7 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Yup I know :) , like I said it below.

You just said that she didn't mind not airing Sometimes. I was just trying to offer some insight. I didn't know the other performances were from Much. I always wished we had gotten the full concert instead of the segues in between songs like visiting her dentist (lol). Same with Hawaii - they should have aired more of her songs instead of Destiny's Child and Joe I mean wtf lol. I'm also curious why we got a DVD of Hawaii but not OIDIA Tour. It was the better show.

15 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

You just said that she didn't mind not airing Sometimes. I was just trying to offer some insight. I didn't know the other performances were from Much. I always wished we had gotten the full concert instead of the segues in between songs like visiting her dentist (lol). Same with Hawaii - they should have aired more of her songs instead of Destiny's Child and Joe I mean wtf lol. I'm also curious why we got a DVD of Hawaii but not OIDIA Tour. It was the better show.

I agree 100%. I said I assume she didn't mind not airing Sometimes alluding to her Onyx reference

• Love 1

This tour is so underrated! Britney's vocals were great (although I've heard they were pre-recorded), and she had so much energy on stage! I love the performances of What U See, Born To Make You Happy, Satisfaction and Oops especially. Also the London date was filmed and broadcast on TV here in the UK (WITH the performance of Sometimes haha)

19 minutes ago, Isla said:

This tour is so underrated! Britney's vocals were great (although I've heard they were pre-recorded), and she had so much energy on stage! I love the performances of What U See, Born To Make You Happy, Satisfaction and Oops especially. Also the London date was filmed and broadcast on TV here in the UK (WITH the performance of Sometimes haha)

she did sing actually live in a lot of dates

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

How did you like the POM Tour live? I couldn't go for stupid reasons lol.

Loved it!! I was in one of the best floor sections, but I was a few rows back and didn’t have the best view since everyone was taller (i was 16/17 I’m quite taller almost two years later), but I could still see, just had to keep doing gymnastics with my head lol. Tickets were really expensive tho. I went with two friends and it was honestly one of the best nights of my life. It went by sooo fast tho, I have barely any memories. You will love it, I would always think the Vegas POM videos weren’t great but when I saw her it all looked so much better. Everyone was screaming very loud when she came out, these videos on youtube do not do any justice, I couldnt hear myself for a good 10 seconds. It was crazy, you have to go next time, you will see what I mean:crying1:

And everyone looked like they were enjoying the show. The energy in the arena during  TTWE was crazy, everyone started coming closer to the front, look an EXPERIENCE:crying1:

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Loved it!! I was in one of the best floor sections, but I was a few rows back and didn’t have the best view since everyone was taller (i was 16/17 I’m quite taller almost two years later), but I could still see, just had to keep doing gymnastics with my head lol. Tickets were really expensive tho. I went with two friends and it was honestly one of the best nights of my life. It went by sooo fast tho, I have barely any memories. You will love it, I would always think the Vegas POM videos weren’t great but when I saw her it all looked so much better. Everyone was screaming very loud when she came out, these videos on youtube do not do any justice, I couldnt hear myself for a good 10 seconds. It was crazy, you have to go next time, you will see what I mean:crying1:

And everyone looked like they were enjoying the show. The energy in the arena during  TTWE was crazy, everyone started coming closer to the front, look an EXPERIENCE:crying1:

Everything is def more fun in person!

• Love 1

The oops tour is literally gold. 

The outfits were amazing, her body was perfect and she looked like an angel. 

Her charisma and energy were out of this world. Her dancing was brilliant, and the choreos were CRAZY. 

The amazing prerecorded vocals made the full thing shine even more (not to mention she sang often live in shows not officially recorded). 

Even the number in which she wasn't dancing, like sometimes or lucky, were good to watch because she was glowing. It's a pop gem, one of her best tours and among the best pop tours ever. 

She was everything, on top of the world. With different life and career choices she would have been as big as Madonna. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

Who can forget her infamous Rock in Rio interlude? I remember this exploded all over the media when it happened. I hadn't seen the concert so I had no idea what happened until a year later when I paid for a bootleg VHS tape (or DVD I can't remember) containing the Crazy Tour Chicago show, OIDIA Tour Rock in Rio, and the DWAD 2.0 Vegas show. 

old lady deal with it GIF

Iconic. Although I can't really remember any media coverage on this? It must have been shocking to hear teen queen Britney Spears saying "this is ********!!!" back then.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

In honor of Oops I Did It Again turning 20, let's watch her very first world tour! I know her tour didn't start until June 2000, but why wait?

This video is missing Sometimes which I guess she didn't mind not airing :( 

Original Setlist:

• You Drive Me Crazy
  • Stronger
  • What U See Is What U Get
  • From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
  • Born To Make You Happy
  • Lucky
  • Sometimes
  • Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
  • The Beat Goes On
  • Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
  • I Can't Get No Satisfaction
  • Baby One More Time
  • Oops I Did It Againbritney-spears-rock-in-rio-660x430-622x415.jpg.56c25ede4ef2c4ebbe651da636cd37f3.jpg

What's your first memory of it?

I think mine was when MTV did an All Access show and they showed Lucky and OIDIA; for some reason the first time they aired Lucky on that show they used her pre-recorded vocals and then they changed it to the album version.

******* epic, i don't have words. What a beautiful perfomance of lucky.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Iconic. Although I can't really remember any media coverage on this? It must have been shocking to hear teen queen Britney Spears saying "this is ********!!!" back then.

Oh I do remember, it was everyone on tv and the radio. It didn't last that long though.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

The oops tour is literally gold. 

The outfits were amazing, her body was perfect and she looked like an angel. 

Her charisma and energy were out of this world. Her dancing was brilliant, and the choreos were CRAZY. 

The amazing prerecorded vocals made the full thing shine even more (not to mention she sang often live in shows not officially recorded). 

Even the number in which she wasn't dancing, like sometimes or lucky, were good to watch because she was glowing. It's a pop gem, one of her best tours and among the best pop tours ever. 

She was everything, on top of the world. With different life and career choices she would have been as big as Madonna. 

AnotherJovialCurassow-size_restricted.gi

1 hour ago, Tear the floor up up said:

How many official recordings do we have of the oops tour? I’ve never watched it in full and now would be the perfect time :makeitrain:

official? To my knowledge 3: New Orleans, London, Rio de Janeiro

3 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

How many official recordings do we have of the oops tour? I’ve never watched it in full and now would be the perfect time :makeitrain:

There are two pro-shot full concerts (London was a tour date and Rio was the Rock In Rio festival, they replaced one of the interludes so it's not the exact tour but close):

They also pro-shot her New Orleans show but they didn't air all of it. It's every song minus Sometimes and the interludes but it was a really good show:

• Love 2