Brandy - "7" album stream + comment party

Brandy dropped her new album, B7, her first formal release since 2012's Two Eleven.

She says her favorite song on the album, “Borderline,” which channels “Angel in Disguise” from her 1998 album Never Say Never. On “Unconditional Oceans” she taps into an electro-soul vibe.

"I believe that music heals. Music is the language that we all speak. It is what we all need, and I feel like we need it more now than we ever have," Brandy says. "This is the year where we all need to feel like we have something to get us through. ... I was a little hesitant with putting out music in this time because, of course, you want to speak to the times. And I'm thinking, "My music is not about exactly what's going on right now." But then I thought, "But this is the time where people need to feel like they have something to just escape and just help them heal." ... So that's what made me feel better about releasing [the album].

She added: "And I think that we don’t want to feel alone. We need to feel community, we need to feel togetherness, we need to feel love right now. And I think music is the best way to feel that. It’s the shortcut to feeling that right away."

Listen below. Exhale, favorite song?!

brandy.jpg.be3bbc4851a6f88ddecd106605cd6d93.jpg

Her Never Say Never album is one of my favorite albums ever! Every time she releases a new one, I hope it will be on that level, but so far it hasn’t. I still find a few gems on each of them though! Human came the closest for me. Looking forward to this one! 

24 minutes ago, T.ez said:

Her Never Say Never album is one of my favorite albums ever! Every time she releases a new one, I hope it will be on that level, but so far it hasn’t. I still find a few gems on each of them though! Human came the closest for me. Looking forward to this one! 

Her and Darkchild don't work anymore. She blames him for the failure of human. 

Never say never was done when she was 19. 

Full moon was done by an adult. You can't expect a woman to keep repeating an album by a teenager. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And she trademarked it. It's hers now. Been hers since her first album in 94..

This is interesting, I just pay real attention to the "R" for "registered" right next to her name... So how was that, exactly? I just read this online: "There is no explicit protection for fonts or typeface designs in US copyright law. ... This is the weakest form of protection because only the font name itself is being protected. For example, the letters that make up the trademarked font Palatino can be copied but the name must be changed."
So I guess she trademarked her NAME rather than the font used with it? I want to know now haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

This is interesting, I just pay real attention to the "R" for "registered" right next to her name... So how was that, exactly? I just read this online: "There is no explicit protection for fonts or typeface designs in US copyright law. ... This is the weakest form of protection because only the font name itself is being protected. For example, the letters that make up the trademarked font Palatino can be copied but the name must be changed."
So I guess she trademarked her NAME rather than the font used with it? I want to know now haha

She probably trademarked her name in that font, which you definitely can do - its like a logo

On 5/7/2020 at 8:47 PM, BritneySpurs said:

I used to love Brandy! Her Never Say Never album was awesome! I haven't really enjoyed her music since the 90s though. Also, titling an album after the number your album is in your discography like that is super boring.

I had her Never Say Never album and liked a good chunk of it, but Full Moon is my favorite album from her! It was released in 2002 and is the last album from her that I fully enjoyed!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I had her Never Say Never album and liked a good chunk of it, but Full Moon is my favorite album from her! It was released in 2002 and is the last album from her that I fully enjoyed!

I only really liked Full Moon and What About Us from that album but those are good songs.

3 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Oh I love like half of the album and Die Without You which was a bonus. They picked a horrible 3rd single and kind of killed the project! Apart or Anybody should have been the 3rd single! 

I wonder why her music got so bad after that album. People forget about Brandy but she's great - she deserves better music.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.