This Day In Pop: Whitney Houston releases "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)"

• Leader

This Day In Pop is a series BreatheHeavy kicked off last year (shout-out to @JamesExhale) that highlighted special moments in pop herstory.

The series just got a major upgrade! :qtbrit:

Exhale now has an interactive pop anniversaries calendar that members can contribute to. All of the events in it thus far have been added by this flawless community, including today's! 

@limezd updated the calendar to include the day Whitney Houston released "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)." :clap:

Go ahead and check it out and leave a comment on the date so we can revisit it in a year. It's kind of like Exhale's time capsule. :katycry:

Lime featured:

• The event title
  • The date it happened
  • A description (from the song's Wikipedia page)
  • A photo

Huge thank you for adding to this! :hugs:

I've also seen a bunch more dates included on the calendar! You can see five that are up and coming on the homepage (on desktop it's located in the top right corner, on mobile it's towards the bottom [when this gets more popular I'll move it to the top of the page for all]).

I would really appreciate it if you guys would continue contributing to this ever-growing calendar so we can celebrate all sorts of iconic pop moments all-year long! :lizzie:

You also earn points for each contribution which may go towards buying your Exhale+ subscription. :duh:

Learn more about the calendar:

Happy Saturday! Now, time to dance.

whitney.jpg

• Like 3
  • Leader
14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Is the title really that long or is this one of those "Hit Me Baby One More Time" situations. :shocked: Anyway... RIP.

Her discography is one that I've never really delved into, but I can't deny her worldwide legend and icon status. This song especially (alongside "I Will Always Love You"). :nynod:

It's that long :squint:

The original "Don't let me be the last to know" 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block