Rina Sawayama cites Britney as an inspiration

5 hours ago, vzlafan said:

The album is not bad musically but the lyrics is to childish about best friends, existencial crisys and parents...:chrissy:

all this asians are buying the charts....(don't come cancel me for racist, im not racist) BTW She's not charting:imacat:

How are her lyrics childish? :decisions: She's singing about intergenerational trauma (Dynasty), capitalism & consumer culture (XS), climate change and the destruction of our planet (F This World), racism/microaggressions (STFU!), the loss of friendship (Bad Friend)... I actually thought it was really refreshing to hear someone sing about issues like this (in a non-preachy way, which is difficult to achieve), rather than more songs about love or *** or heartbreak.

3 hours ago, Vulpix91 said:

How are her lyrics childish? :decisions: She's singing about intergenerational trauma (Dynasty), capitalism & consumer culture (XS), climate change and the destruction of our planet (F This World), racism/microaggressions (STFU!), the loss of friendship (Bad Friend)... I actually thought it was really refreshing to hear someone sing about issues like this (in a non-preachy way, which is difficult to achieve), rather than more songs about love or *** or heartbreak.

Preach! :yesplease:

I read somewhere that Sawayama is like a mixture of Britney and Evanescence and I can totally see that! What I find really interesting about her is that her music is so diverse and yet the album sounds absolutely cohesive. I don't know, I just lover her so much and it's refreshing to see a not-so-mainstream artist who doesn't reject pop music and doesn't think that she's too good for it :verycool:

• Love 1