Mariah Carey 's E=MC² turns 12. Album is a masterpiece..

Spicechinodiva

In 2008. Mariah Carey unleashed the follow up to the juggernaut that was 2005's The Emancipation of Mimi. A sequel titled E=MC² (Emancipation equals Mariah Carey to the second power). 

First single was an excellent choice. But Island records followed this slick and **** track with Bye Bye. Top 40 radio didn't support a one sweet day part two. Had they released tracks Like Migrate (Shawntae, rae rae and Mai Mai would favor that) it would have been the summer anthem of 2008. Followed by I'm that chick that fun, **** and disco track that sampled Michael Jackson's 1979 hit off the wall. For ballads They tried to duplicate the success of We belong together with I stay in love..Two ballads stand out and would have been much better. Thanx 4 Nothin' and Side Effects with Young Jerzy. The only other single they did get right was I'll be lovin' U Long time. 

Unfortunately due to the singles they tried to push. The album underperformed and is a very underrated album. Great album just the wrong singles killed the album early 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived