"Dua Lipa finds the sound that Lady Gaga has been chasing for years"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Reviews for Dua Lipa's new album Future Nostalgia are beginning to pour in. 

It's getting great reaction!

One reviewer from the Irish Times had this to say, and it really stuck out: 

"On her second album, which will be released on Friday, Dua Lipa finds the sound that Lady Gaga has been chasing for years."

Do you agree? I personally don't. I think Gaga has her own vision of what she wants and doesn't want what other pop girls have/are releasing. If she wanted to... she would. 

Thoughts?

dua-lipa-lady-gaga.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh... Weird comparison. :jtum: I don't think Gaga has ever tried to go the 80s inspired synth-pop route. I guess she had some 80s influence on "The Fame", but it wasn't as on-the-nose 80s as "Future Nostalgia". :donewithit: Besides... Gaga hasn't been chasing anything. It's been 7 years since her last pure pop effort. And even that wasn't 80s inspired. "ARTPOP" was a very campy and gay rave mixed with, you guessed it, art pop. "Chasing for years" my azz. :idkney:

I don't like such comparing, Dua Lipa is Dua Lipa, and Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga. :britoverit:

But I must admit, both Dua's singles are much better than Stupid Love. This time Dua deserved to be successful, I hope GP and critics will appreciate her album. :mhm:

I think the main difference between them is that Gaga been in the business for many years. It's hard for her to surprise public with anything. And Dua is still quite fresh, and hungry for become an A-lister. 

unfortunately, Lady Gaga became really predictable and boring. Same sounds and monstrous repetitve looks and performances.
Dua Lipa's voice is unique and she really works hard on her singing and choice of songs.
Dua Lipa is taking over the whole scene
with her great work!

I absolutely do not agree. Gaga has never been one to go for just one specific sound like just "80s" or just "70s" or "disco" or "R&Bieber" or "Urban". Lady Gaga is far more complex than that. Gaga is a visionary. I mean, we all know how Artpop turned out, right? Because her mind is just all over the place. She's not basic like that.

I haven't heard Future Nostalgia yet but I do not care about the opinions of some irrelevant publication. That will be all. :mattafact:

Archived