Ariana Grande: "It is incredibly dangerous and selfish to take this [Coronavirus] situation lightly"

• Leader

ariana-grande-coronavirus.jpg.bcac8f9ab509aaccec174251256f8892.jpg

Ariana Grande is urging her millions of younger fans to take the Coronavirus outbreak seriously. 

She posted a message in a story on Instagram demanding they stop making a joke out of it.

"I keep hearing from a surprising amount of people, statements like 'This isn't a big deal/we'll be fine' ... 'We still have to go about our lives' and it's really blowing my mind," she wrote.

"I understand that is how u felt weeks ago, but please read about what's going on. Don't turn a blind eye," she continued.

"It is incredibly dangerous and selfish to take this situation lightly," she added. "The 'we will be fine because we're young' mindset is putting people who aren't young and/or healthy in a lot of danger. you sound stupid and privileged and you need to care more about others. like now."

In a follow up tweet she said, "like your hip hop yoga class can f--king wait i promise."

Queen Ariana hath spoken. This is serious. :hideous:

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Period!!! Drag 'em Ari. I'm living for this. ❤

Our reigning main pop girl has spoken. :barbie:

Totally! It's one thing to be making jokes of those who hoard all the toilet paper and bottled water, but to act like its a joke and expose yourself to mass amounts of people and then visit with young children and the elderly is just reckless. I'm glad she made a strong statement on this subject because she really does have one of the largest influential voices with the younger generation.  I'm sure the fact that she lost her grandpa a few back and has an elderly grandmother (Nonna) worries her. I worry about my Grandma- she's 83.

Image result for ariana nonna 2019

• Love 3

Ye, she right... :katycream: Saw posts about there being literal queues outside of bars in the US due to St. Patrick's day. Like... Is getting drunk really that important?! :gtfo: Saying that you don't care, that you're not worried and making memes is one thing. I'm of that mindset too and I totally agree, but not practicing social distancing because "you don't care and you're not worried" is a whole different story. I've seen so many comments online from people not getting that this isn't about them. Like... If you can't come to the conclusion that your actions have the potential to hurt a lot of people ON YOUR OWN, without having other people bore into your thick skull... That's another level of selfishness. :nyschool:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Totally! It's one thing to be making jokes of those who hoard all the toilet paper and bottled water, but to act like its a joke and expose yourself to mass amounts of people and then visit with young children and the elderly is just reckless. I'm glad she made a strong statement on this subject because she really does have one of the largest influential voices with the younger generation.  I'm sure the fact that she lost her grandpa a few back and has an elderly grandmother (Nonna) worries her. I worry about my Grandma- she's 83.

Image result for ariana nonna 2019

Not even about making jokes and going out but those who think this is getting blown out of proportion by the media. I can't even. The World Health Organization (WHO) has spoken and has classified this as a pandemic. Not the media. That's motherfrocking WHO. That classification isn't about how deadly the virus is but how widespread it has become - around the world. This is not hype from the media. It is a fact that COVID-19 has infected a greater part of the globe and has even brought down an entire country already. An entire frocking country. This is serious. :donewithit:

I'm honestly really worried for EU as the new epicenter of the disease. As per WHO and not the media.

Sending all my love and prayers not just to EU Exhalers but to all Exhalers around the world! One of us is wiser! One of us is stronger! One of us is a fighter! Oops! Wrong fave. ❤❤❤

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Not even about making jokes and going out but those who think this is getting blown out of proportion by the media. I can't even. The World Health Organization (WHO) has spoken and has classified this as a pandemic. Not the media. That's motherfrocking WHO. That classification isn't about how deadly the virus is but how widespread it has become - around the world. This is not hype from the media. It is a fact that COVID-19 has infected a greater part of the globe and has even brought down an entire country already. An entire frocking country. This is serious. :donewithit:

I'm honestly really worried for EU as the new epicenter of the disease. As per WHO and not the media.

Sending all my love and prayers not just to EU Exhalers but to all Exhalers around the world! One of us is wiser! One of us is stronger! One of us is a fighter! Oops! Wrong fave. ❤❤❤

Not to get political but it didn't help that when coronavirus was popping up in America, President Trump said it was the new democratic hoax to take him down and for the public to go on with their lives like normal.  It's a bit scary tbh. I dont want to be consumed by this but it's hard not to feel this is serious when countries are shutting down, schools and work places are closing. I pray for those infected and I hope there is a vaccine soon. I love that we have our Exhale community to keep us sane while these self quarantine times are happening. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Not to get political but it didn't help that when coronavirus was popping up in America, President Trump said it was the new democratic hoax to take him down and for the public to go on with their lives like normal.  It's a bit scary tbh. I dont want to be consumed by this but it's hard not to feel this is serious when countries are shutting down, schools and work places are closing. I pray for those infected and I hope there is a vaccine soon. I love that we have our Exhale community to keep us sane while these self quarantine times are happening. 

Totally. I just... cannot! Trump still has a big influence on America not because he's president but because it seems like he's gonna win again. That means, there's a lot of people who believe him and think that this is all a hoax. I hope all our faves speak more and post more. We need their voices and influence to spread the message of taking this seriously not just for the sake of Americans but the sake of the entire world.:donewithit:

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Ye, she right... :katycream: Saw posts about there being literal queues outside of bars in the US due to St. Patrick's day. Like... Is getting drunk really that important?! :gtfo: Saying that you don't care, that you're not worried and making memes is one thing. I'm of that mindset too and I totally agree, but not practicing social distancing because "you don't care and you're not worried" is a whole different story. I've seen so many comments online from people not getting that this isn't about them. Like... If you can't come to the conclusion that your actions have the potential to hurt a lot of people ON YOUR OWN, without having other people bore into your thick skull... That's another level of selfishness. :nyschool:

I see your point but not all of us have this luxury of working from home and “social distancing” I’m a bartender/server and our restaurant isn’t closing and waiting on people isn’t something that can be done online. I need people to come out to eat and drink in order to pay my rent and live my life (I rely on tips) My best friend is a nurse and she can’t “work from home” and “social distance” either this is a time where her profession is highly needed. While I understand and agree with taking it seriously. Some don’t have the luxury of this working from home and social distancing. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Totally. I just... cannot! Trump still has a big influence on America not because he's president but because it seems like he's gonna win again. That means, there's a lot of people who believe him and think that this is all a hoax. I hope all our faves speak more and post more. We need their voices and influence to spread the message of taking this seriously not just for the sake of Americans but the sake of the entire world.:donewithit:

I think Republicans are finally waking up to his nonsense because it is finally effecting them. Now they see he can not be trusted in a pandemic. So now he is trying his best to save face, but it's so disingenuous. Plus his whole, "I'm going about my day and shaking hands with people" thing, backfired because two of those people were infected. He supposedly tested negatively, but I dont buy it. He will go to all costs to never show weakness. He could very well be infected right now, but he has the world at his beckon and can be cured.

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve gotten into so many fights over this ****. I’m glad California is closing bars too since that’s where all these people that aren’t required to work were congregating en masse. Like no that’s not the point of you working from home (for those that are afforded that luxury) :lessons:

A lot of people that work in service industry that are paycheck to paycheck are having to plan on going on unemployment on the other side of it. People always need to take precautions, but it also shouldnt be a time to put people down. Like ariana girl, u can afford to not work for years, in fact you can retire. For a lot of us, a day off is money need. Service industry jobs arent also protected by the government like school jobs, so we gotta get it together lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I see your point but not all of us have this luxury of working from home and “social distancing” I’m a bartender/server and our restaurant isn’t closing and waiting on people isn’t something that can be done online. I need people to come out to eat and drink in order to pay my rent and live my life (I rely on tips) My best friend is a nurse and she can’t “work from home” and “social distance” either this is a time where her profession is highly needed. While I understand and agree with taking it seriously. Some don’t have the luxury of this working from home and social distancing. 

That's a different story; if you have no choice, you have no choice. :)

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Almost as selfish and dangerous as licking a donut and not paying for it. She’s such a dumb *****. Plastic head to toe.

I agree a lot of us can’t work from home and social distance we have to work she could social distance for the rest of her life and be fine but that’s not the reality for most of us and I think it shows how insensitive and unaware celebrities are when they make these types of sweeping statements:lessons:

2 hours ago, Brat2017 said:

You're still gonna "hold it against herrr"? :bieber:

Yea I’m sorry that kind of crime shows she really doesn’t care about others. So this virtue signaling she’s doing rn is really just to feed her own ego not help anyone else since she literally wished death on her fans when she was in an elevator with a journalist in the beginning of her pop career.

my reaction would be different to her message if she didn’t use the language she used. No ones being selfish in middle America. It’s easy for her to preach from her mansion. Some people actually still need to make a living.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.